4/2 Max amps 97 :-) +6=67, +8=64

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mindy & Max, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10784

Well we had a great night last night (finally!). While Max's pmps was a bit on the high side, he came down nicely and without causing me to worry. Baby slept all night too, so I actually got to sleep all night and woke up before my alarm went off this morning. :D Good nights make for good mornings, and I'm in a much better state than I was yesterday.

Anyway, DH has today off for Good Friday and will be home with the kids. He did Max's last test last night before we went to bed, so he's doing a little better with it (he did still try to refuse and just tell me to do it--uh sorry honey, but I won't be here tomorrow night and you MUST get a test before shooting at this point). I'm sure he can handle it without me today if he needs to. I asked him to get a +6 and a +8, but we'll see what time he actually manages around dealing with the kids (he's not so good with the multi-tasking). He also questioned whether or not Max was even getting any insulin when I showed him the .5 line on the syringe for tonight's shot. :lol: Silly man!

Max was quite chipper and happy last night. He was trying his hardest to get outside and chase the birds. I love listening to him chatter at them! This morning we had a role reversal with the kitties. Usually Truman is the attacker and Max just howls and takes it...but not today! He went on the attack, clobbered his brother, did a mad dash around the living room, and jumped into the window trying to hide behind the blind. I didn't see it, but DH did, and I was very happy to hear about it. He's usually not the playful type--definitely a sign he's feeling better than he has in a long time.

The plan is to do a curve tomorrow. I have a hunch he's going to earn himself a decrease this weekend now that someone can be home to watch him and see just how low he really goes...but we'll see. We are hosting Easter, and with all the little kids running around (1yo twins plus our two), he might stress himself into a higher number. DH has spring break next week, so I won't have to spend so much time on pins and needles wondering what is happening at home.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Max amps 97 :)

Looking good in here...hope you have a wonderful weekend...sounds like a busy one!
    Keep up the good work, Max!

3. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Woohoo Max! Good job on letting your mamabean sleep last night, I think she needed it =) If you get bored today, ask your beans if you can come to our party. Tugger is throwing a party for one of his boybeans, it's the boybean's birthday but the boybean is away learning how to be a soldier so he can't come to the party. Tugger is going to shoot a vine to him though so the boybean can feel all the fun and happy even though he's farfar away. So come on over if your beans will let you! It will be fun!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Awsome report Mindy.
    This is amazing. Sleep, great numbers for Max and DH testing.
    You rule with an iron fist. :D :D

It is funny how just a few drops came make a difference and that others
    just don't get it.
    DH not good at multi-tasking? That's why g-d made woman.
    We are the masters ast Multitasking.
    Can't wait to see the results of the curve this weekend and I will
    wish you now a very Happy Easter since you won't be online
    this weekend.

Again, terrific job Mindy. I am just so happy for you.

5. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Max is always down for a party--especially after this morning's antics. I swear, someone finally told the boy how to stand up to his younger brother at the last party. :lol: He will be there, hopefully in a green suit!

Thanks Randi, but really, I can't take credit. I think I just got lucky last night! ;-) I have a feeling I might be up late tonight, making sure that Max doesn't get so excited about the party that he makes a crash landing. :lol:

6. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Tugger promises his cake will only be in the 3-5% carb range as will all snacks provided. But there could be antics (where's the devil with a halo when you need it?) So you should probably nap while they're partying...

7. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome day for Max!!!! What a good DH you have, mine has been great too lately!!! How exciting it is that Max is doing sooo well!!! Have a great day!

8. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Re: 4/2 Max amps 97 :) +6=67

Well DH just reported that his +6 was 67. Took him three tries to get it (kept getting errors), but he did eventually get it. :) He also said that Max and Truman were playing tag for a good portion of the morning. Apparently Truman didn't like getting clobbered after breakfast, and decided to give some payback! Max was snoozing under the bed when DH found him to test him.

I am curious to see where he is at +8 as I suspect he'll be lower then...but we'll see. :mrgreen:

9. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Well looks like Max has settled into the 60s for the afternoon. :D I'm glad he didn't drop any lower as DH would probably freak out! I think DH is just now realizing he should have been paying more attention any time I was talking about Max and his numbers...

10. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Very nice day for Max.. can't believe he's letting you get away with a 0.5 dose decrease.. he needs to talk to Nova.. I can't get away with a 0.1 decrease blaaarg!

Anyhoo, keep up the good work Max :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.