4/2 Max BG 63 (checkup day with vetty bean)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynee and Max, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Well we are home and all went well. We did a Chem 6 Panel on Max to save a little bit of money and Dr. Conley said that he really doesn't show anything that would warrant doing a T-4. Below is his blood panel results:

ALP 38 10-90 U/L
    ALT 40 20-100 U/L
    BUN 21 10-30 MG/DL
    CRE 1.9 0.3-2.1 MG/DL... See More
    GLU 188 (little **** tested a 63 for me at home before we left)
    TP 8.7 5.4-8.2 G/DL
    QC is OK
    HEM 0
    LIP 2+
    PVC 46%

She did say he was a little dehydrated but she's not concerned with it. Also, the pancreatitis she isn't worried about because he doesn't exhibit any symptoms of pancreatitis other than the meatloafing occasionally with vomiting about once a week. If the vomiting starts to happen more than once a week then we need to bring him back in to have his pancreas checked.

She was so impressed with his overall condition - except for his teeth. Still stressing the need for a dental and I told her we are working on it. Now that we have him diet controlled, we can focus on saving the money for the dental.

He has gained weight and is now up to 14.4 lbs so we have to start watching calorie intake. She also said that if I wasn't with him and somebody else brought him in, she never would have guessed that this was the same kitty who came to her a year ago on his death bed.

2. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Good report! Vet stress will raise the BG numbers like that.....Zoe has tested has high as 204 at the vets office after going OTJ....so Max looks great!

Sherry & Zoe

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a great observation by your vet! Congrats on a good vet visit and a great BG.

4. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Hey you guys! Nice to see you.
    Kisses to Max

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

yay!!!!

I was so excited at Lucy's first routine vet exam after she went OTJ, when the vet told me she was a normal, healthy 7 year old cat. After all she has been through (like Max), that was the best thing anybody could have said to me. I know you must be soooo happy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.