4/2 - Nova - AMPS=149, PMPS=115, +2=151, +4=115, +6=101

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

yesterday's condo

Nova's her normal self this morning.. happy and opinionated :)..

As for her numbers.. meh.. Right when I thought the decrease was sticking... the blue bookends got bigger.. and she just rubbed up against yellow without crossing over, she dropped back to greens last night in a pretty decent hurry (for her).. so giving the s1.0U another go in the AM cycle... see what she can do with it..

Pretty bummed about it if it doesn't stick.. she seems to have some issues going below 1U.. at least this time I did a smaller decrease so it didn't turn into a big gong show like the last try. Ah well, yesterday was 6 months since her dx.. and I told Nova "I think we're in it for the long haul my dear.. but I'll be right there with you the whole way, loving every minute of it."

2. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 - Nova - AMPS=149

Send her to the party Tugger is having in a little while... it seems half the kitties who said they are coming are on a mission to have a lower dose tonight (antijinx)! All LC food and snacks and lots of good times to be had! Right after naptime....

Attached Files:

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Dawn, I saw on another condo that you have a kitty with acne issues from dishes...have you tried putting them in the dish washer? I actually just use our own regular plates and bowls to feed the kitties so I can put them in the dishwasher. So far so good. Just a thought! :D

Have Nova talk to Max at Tugger's tonight. He'll be there in his green suit, working on a dosecrease, I'm sure. Perhaps he can give her some hints! :mrgreen:

4. Dawn & Nova

Yeah I did that for a while.. was actually what I had the most success with.. I would soak the dishes in super hot water and then sent them through the dishwasher twice.. I switched detergent and cleaning supplies a zillion times.. washed everywhere he sleeps constantly.. massaged his chin with warm water and surgical soap from the vet, etc.. but eventually it just got so bad that they surgically removed what they could and sent them off to a lab.. like.. it got really bad.. hes an HCM kitty and you don't do surgery on them unless you pretty much have to for their quality of life.. he has some sort of skin disease.. I don't remember the name of it.. but the treatment is steroids, which is a big big no no with heart disease cats.. so I tried paper plates, and it more or less works.. so I stick with it. He can't grow fur on the back half of his tummy either.. no sores but just has an area of his tummy that progressively gets larger that's bald..

I think it's just that he's had heart disease his whole life.. and when your heart doesn't work right, everything just slowly falls apart.. that's what old age is.. he just goes through it a lot younger.

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 - Nova - AMPS=149, +6=68

Hi Dawn,
    I just wanted to thank you for your input on my question in the Health forum. The video was helpful. I'm going to try to get a video of Bear so my vet can take a look.

6. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Hi Dawn-

Saw my favorite quote of the day written by you in Randi's condo..

LOL!! Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!

betty

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

"..but the whole way I knew what AMPS+ hour it was.. Thursday I thought it was Tuesday.. my brain is fried." (written in Stu's condo by Dawn)

Hi Dawn, Guess what? Today is Friday!!!

Ella & Stu

8. Dawn & Nova

If you could swing by and let me know each day.. that would be helpful :).

And.. unrelated.. these blue book ends drive me nuts!

9. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/2 - Nova - AMPS=149, +6=68, PMPS=115, +2=151, +4=115

Decrease not sticking :( (again.. arg I hate 1U).. back to 1U in the AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.