4/2 Oliver amps 356 pmps 481 cycle1 dose 3u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Recap:
    515 - amps (2.5uL + .25uR)
    434 - +2
    403 - +3
    374 - +4
    335 - +5
    328 - +6
    364 - +8
    416 - pmps (2.5uL)
    382 - +2
    344 - +4
    329 - +6
    356 - today's amps (2.5uL)

Breakfast is a big deal with Oliver; he likes it ALOT, and wants LOTS of it!
    It's quite interesting that it's his only time when he's quite ravenous, but from there, he's fine with smaller meals.

Yesterday, he was mostly OK but did vomit a bit of his food and some cat grass late in the evening, plus had some loose poo late last nite. I'll watch this morning to see if there is an improvement.

I am feeling better that he does not feel so much like a bone rack; I hope I don't turn him into a porker. He's still got his waist, but now his spine and ribs are not so bony.

Yesterday was another breakthrough of acceptance.
    Booboo has become SUPER jealous and feeling left out or else OVERLY concerned every time Oliver and Shadoe get tests and shots, so she ALWAYS runs over and gets between me and whatever cat is being tested. It's likely a combo of the two reasons, but it happens without fail every time and in any place we happen to test.
    Yesterday, when I was testing Oliver, Booboo jumped up between us like usual, then after testing, she stayed for a bit and Oliver decided to lick her head and she allowed it! Now that's BIG progress for Booboo! I think it's the final sign that the 2 of them are OK with each other.

So, Oliver has had his test, his shot, and his 5oz + 3oz breakfast, some water from 2 bowls, and now is stretched out on the floor sound asleep. His morning work is done and now he must recharge.

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Oliver amps 356 cycle4 dose 2.5u

Well, this morning is certainly a whole lot better numbers-wise that yesterday morning. I don't know the Lantus Land protocol. Is four cycles all you hold before changing dose, or more?

I am so glad Oliver is filling out and fitting in. He's such a big boy it's hard to think of him as bony. What does he weigh?

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Serious paws crossed for the dosecrease to help.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful report...so happy for you all...that head licking acceptance is a milestone!!!
    Hope you have a great day Gayle! :razz:

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Another great report Gayle.
    I can just visualize what goes on with your gang.
    Nicer AMPS for Oliver today and good luck with the
    increase.
    Oliver has settled in nicely so that stress level has to been down.
    Hoping that his numbers start following the same way.

Have a great day!!!

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

he's getting somewhere, Gayle, he had the beginning of a breakthrough on 3u before so we're hopefully not too far away from his dose.

Today is cycle 4, so if he stays pink today you can increase by up to 0.5 units if you want. Once you get to 3 units, you might want stop the fast-track increases and go back to the usual LL protocol of 6 cycles (the LL version of the protocol instead of the German version). Up to you, of course.

I love hearing that your crew are getting along so well already!

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

For Venita and others not familiar with the protocol, you can hold a dose for 4 - 6 cycles. When the nadir is above 300, the dose can also be raised by 0.5u (vs. 0.25u). Given Oliver's numbers and that Gayle is experienced with using insulin and tests frequently, she is able to opt for a more aggressive approach if she so chooses.

It's so good to hear that your guys are settling in.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Libby,
    That's the plan; these pinks are telling me that Oliver needs an increase, so we will go with the .5u increase tonite, barring any madness of a some low yellow or something. I'll still like to increase but will go with .25u if there is a hint of yellow.

Venita,
    The numbers to watch are smack dab near the middle between the shots, and if you go through 4-6 cycles/shots with numbers sticking above 300, you can increase by .5u, and if there are some of those middle numbers (nadir-lowest number) are between 200 and 300, you could go with a lesser increase of .25u.
    To me, the ps numbers tell me if it's safe to shoot or in some cases, if I should use TOR for the horrible high above 500, just to bring the number down quick in the first hour to help the kitty.
    Their weights, right now, informally taken by my holding each and then subtracting my weight are as follows:
    Oliver weighs in at 15.2
    Shadoe weighs in at 13.6
    Booboo weighs in at a hefty 8.4

When Oliver arrived, I felt sad that I could feel all of his spine and his ribs, and he barely felt heavier than Shadoe yet he was at LEAST double the size! Now, he seems to have a bit more flesh on him, so that's a relief.

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Increased Oliver's dose to 3u tonite.

Now that we are back to where he started upon his arrival, we will follow the protocol and hold for 6cycles.

10. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease!

OMG!!! I can't believe Booboo let Oliver lick her head. WOW. That's some serious progress for the girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.