4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! PMPS 91 +4 80 +10 108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10780&p=107306#p107306

So far so good this morning, no singing of songs for breffis. The boys are in there eating and were quiet while I got it ready but the girls are sleeping in today. So either it's the girls who make all the noise, or the boys just weren't starving to death this morning because of eating so late last night.

Tug likes Cowboy Cookout so I think I'm going to call up the dog wash where I bought it and ask them to order me a case of the stuff. For that price, if he continues to like it, I am happy to buy it. I'd much rather buy something he'll eat than keep buying things that he/they may or may not like.

I gave him 1.5u this morning. Turd twitched when I shot but I didn't feel even the slightest bit of damp when I felt after the shot so I'm sure it went in... unless it went across the room or something. I wish Boomer wouldn't choose the exact moment I stick a needle to Tugger's skin to flap those ears of his. It's uncanny how he does that. Seriously.

ETA: Also, later today Tugger will be throwing a party in celebration of Olderson's 19th bday. Since he can't be here to celebrate with us, we figured we'd go ahead and enjoy the day for him ;) He'll probably be crawling around in the mud or something less fun, so we thought we'd party for him and send it to him on those vines in hopes that he'll feel the love across the miles. If anyone wants to join us, we will hold the party here after second lunch (Tugger wants time to decorate). I know it's last minute, but Tugger didn't know it was Olderson's Bday till this morning. He still hopes some kitties and beans can make it though. He tried to call Stu last night to see about getting a cake baked, but youngerson had the phone tied up all night.

AMPS 106
    +2 98
    +4 56
    +5 63
    +6 66
    +10 96
    PMPS 91
    +2 86
    +4 80
    +10 108

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Tugger AMPS 106

Oh boy, I am thrilled -- was really hoping for the de-in-the-dosecrease. On to the next one!

3. Marvie and Tugger

Heheh yeah me too! Your threat worked like a charm! Tugger knew you meant business I guess :mrgreen:

4. D and Noisy

Tell him we are going to pound away to keep him in these lovely numbers. His body is so cooperative in communicating with us -- you iz blessed.

5. Marvie and Tugger

I told him last night that if he keeps this up, we might get to stop with most of the poking and sticking before too much longer. He seemed to like that idea. I explained that if he keeps eating the gushy food and his numbers do the right thing we could make the shots go bye-bye, so we'll see how he goes with that information in him.

6. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Tugger is looking good! Tell him to call Max, and learn how NOT to drop his numbers too fast tho...Max has been giving me a run for my money this week. It seemed like all of a sudden he just went for broke on dropping his numbers!

7. Marvie and Tugger

I saw that! It seems like a lot of the kitties came back from the party and either went OTJ or earned a decrease. I'm thinkin' Shadow should throw more parties ;)

8. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

:lol: I think Shadow should have more parties too...but closer to a weekend would be a lot easier on the beans in terms of watching for a dosecrease or attempting OTJ! This week has been a crazy one at our house and I've had to drink way more :coffee: than I'd like to keep up!

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Raja & Shadow said "they're IN" for the party! They love parties...even if it IS last minute. No worries~sometimes the last minute ones are the best! See you later then! Happy Birthday to Olderson!! party_cat

(Raja is really the party planner and instigator....heck, she thinks that pooping is a good reason for a darn party! The day dawns and she says "Can we have a party now?" Geee...she is just insatiable when it comes to partying! Happy new month is also another good time to have a party...I have to really pull the reins in on that one! :roll: )

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Another fine looking day for Tugger today.
    Might prove to be an interesting weekend Marvie.

Happy Olderson's birthday today.
    Max would love to stop by and chum around with his buddies, just
    no birthady cake okay?
    I know you will supervise them well.

11. Marvie and Tugger

Tugger has never thrown a party before... heck he'd never BEEN to a party before the FM Party! So he's a little nervous, but he says he paid attention at your house so he thinks he knows what to do. He's shaken all the other kitties out of bed and got them helping to decorate (birthdays require streamers and signs, but we're skipping balloons because of all the sharp claws that will be around) and cook up some snacks. He's having a hard time keeping Echo from playing in the streamers though, those darn kittens just want to play with anything that dangles!

Tugger is looking for a recipe for a SF/GF cake that is safe for diabetic kitties. He's actually considering making it a CHICKEN CAKE... but if there are some beef eating kitties he says he could probably make the cake half chicken and half beef. Frankly, it sounds kind of gross to me but he swears it is just what kitties love. He also said there might be a surprise inside... I have no idea what he means!

12. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! AMPS 106

Wow, look at that morning number. Niiiiice :smile:
    Checkers is up and playing this morning, so I think he'll be ready for a party. He was asking when Shadow and Raja were having another one, so now he won't have to wait. :D

Happy Birthday to Olderson.. :smile:

13. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! AMPS 106

Oh good, I was just looking for your condo to come invite Checkers =) Tugger had so much fun at the party Shadow and Raja threw that he just couldn't wait to find a reason to throw one himself. Olderson's bday seemed like a good enough reason for him ;)

I'm not sure how they've done it but they have managed to hang streamers from the ceiling... so I'm walking through the living room dodging dangling streamers and shiny stuff (Tugger found streamers made with mylar so they are shiny and they make noise, he has to think of the kitties who have trouble seeing so he found something that makes noise) Echo loves them... it's going to be a fun day!

14. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! AMPS 106 +2 98

Preparations are well in hand for the party, Tugger says he should finish with time leftover to nap and get brushed. I guess the exercise of hanging all those streamers was good for him, his numbers are looking good!

15. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

What a cool AMPS! Nice going, Tugger.

And what a special party! Warm wishes to the Birthday Mom. I know she must be missing her baby a whole lot today. We'll be there for the party!

16. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Way to go Tugger! Max will definitely be there--he had so much fun at Shadow's party, he can't wait for this one. And of course, he thinks a chicken cake sounds supreme!

17. Marvie and Tugger

Well, there's a story behind it... Armyson didn't live with me from the time he was almost 4 until last May. That part is a very long story, but we have not been able to spend his birthday together since he was 3. I had been looking forward to spending this one with him. I'm pretty bummed to be missing it, but I am so very proud of what he is doing.

Tugger decided to go for the half and half cake, in case anyone is allergic to one side, they can eat off the other. He's got it all figured out I guess. I moved my baskets and chairs around so there are lots of places for kitties to chill in sunbeams if that's their thing, I moved the delicate knick-knack stuff out of harms way... things are coming along. I think it's almost naptime.

18. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Scrabble says he will be there, as long as the kitties take it easy on him and they don't make fun of his pink shirt his Mom is making him wear! He loves parties and I told him he could go if he stays quiet as to not aggravate his stitches!! Thanks Tugger for inviting us! We will leave his sister Sabrina at home since she is being a party pooper, she growled at him a couple of times since he has been home (what a big meanie!!) Anyway, see ya soon!

19. Marvie and Tugger

We promise to take very good care of him. There's a quiet spot ready and we have two sets of kitty stairs so he doesn't have to jump, he can walk up the steps and sleep on my tempurpedic bed if he wants to get away from the noise for a while. I have designated my bedroom the quiet zone. The door will be closed (it has a kitty door cut in it for access) to keep noise out.

Sabrina smells the v.e.t. on Scrabble probably. I notice my crew are always hissy at the one who's just come back from there. I've heard a lot of other people say that too. I think they are just trying to distance themselves from that smell... "stay back till you feel well enough to wash off that funk dude!"

20. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Wonderful news... Baby & her sister Sadi will be at the party... last minute ones are usually best! I will encourage Baby to where green again :mrgreen:
    Happy Birthday Olderson!! party_cat

21. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! AMPS 106 +2 98 +4 56

Looks like Tugger's decided to join the race again... we had a little rest there for a few days but he's picking up speed again.

22. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

My kitties are excited for another party.. I'm excited for the exhausted kitties that come home after ;).. Jerry is upstairs howling getting ready (he's a night time howler, so he must be reaaally excited).. Hitch is waiting in line for the upstairs so he can get all man-prettied up.. Nova's chilling by the window.. she doesn't need to "get ready".. she's beautiful all the time :).

Nova wanted to see pictures of Scrabble.. she said it takes a real man to wear pink.. hopefully she doesn't get any crazy ideas.. I've told her that he had surgery and has an owwie and doing anything wild could make that worse.. she's always on the prowl that girl.

23. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Tugger looks wonderful today!

Spot sez the party sounds like a wonderful thing to do today. He does not want to bring his sister Ali cuz she was beating up on him last night and today, but he would like to bring Ralph...Ralph would like to see Ms. Moonie, lol.

Hope elderson has a wonderful 19th birthday! Please send my wishes along with yours on those vines!

oh, btw....cute jammies in those photos you sent Michelle!

24. Marvie and Tugger

Ooooh is there a crush in the making? :D The same rules apply here as at the last party, no making fun of other kitties etc. But they were all very awesome at Shadow and Raja's party so I don't think we have to worry about that. I'm more concerned that Scrabble is going to be feeling TO good and will injure himself. We may have to get the girls to keep an eye on him. BB likes to fuss so she's decided to keep an eye on him. She's not crushing on him though... I think she has her eye elsewhere but I can't pinpoint it and she's not tellin' yet. I think she's just pulling out her Mamacat card, though she never had babies so she really shouldn't have that card but she won't tell me where she got it. She's stubborn and always has the last word. She'll keep a close eye on Mr Scrabble and keep him out of trouble.

Hehe thanks, when I told hubby I needed pics of that for someone on my knitting forum who was having issues... he grabbed the camera and said "OK, let's do it, Tug's right there." So I didn't get to dress first lol.

Tell Spot that there will be more than enough kitties here to keep Ali busy so she can't be beating up on him. Maybe if she gets to hang out and relax some she won't be so grumpy with him. All are welcome, activities (or not) for everyone!

25. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! AMPS 106 +4 56+5 63

A little lc snack on the last bit of leftover breffis after +4 seems to have gotten him moving the other direction again

26. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! AMPS 106 +4 56+5 63

Oh goodness! I've been so busy I haven't been able to post. The kitties are all having a wonderful time and are on their best behavior. The streamers hanging from the ceiling seem to have been a big hit. It's almost time for the cake so I can't stay long, I'll come back in a while and let you know how they liked the cake!

27. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! AMPS +5 63 +10 96

Hey Tugger! I'm a little late for Eldersonbean's birthday party because my beans just got home from canoeing. I'll bring some catnip cookies I've spent the day whipping up in their absence. (used a lot of bowls). We can have them for dessert! See you soon.

Stu

28. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Tugger, I'm late getting there too. My Mom was out today, and she didn't want me to go out until she got back

I'm glad Stu made the catnip cookies, he's a great cook!
    I'll be there soon, swinging from those streamers.....I'm in a party mood...WooHoo! party_cat

Your Friend,
    Checkers

29. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Marvie, I actually assumed they had tied you up with streamers and were sticking feathers up your nose torture tickling you and that's why you couldn't post.. I considered calling the authorities.. but meh.. seems like it would be so much fun, why ruin it ;).

30. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Do Lou would love to attend maybe with all the fun he will have at the party it will help his numbers to drop and way to go Tugger on those numbers :mrgreen:
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

31. Marvie and Tugger

Well the youngerson decided he is too cool to hang out with a bunch of kitties so he went off to a friend's house so I have to handle it all on my own today, so I've been busy! I just called out to the kitties in the other room that Stu and Checkers and Do Lou will be here soon and I heard a cry of "Yay!" and someone said something about Stu and cookies so I think they're looking forward to it =)

Boomer's playdate fell through but he's been staying in his room and not bothering the kitties. He's a very good boy and understands that most kitties are afraid of his huge size. Also, I promised him a cheeseburger later if he's good. I do have to go out and walk him now though, so I have to leave the kitties unattended for a few minutes. They have promised to behave though and not to use the stove or answer the door to strangers. I'll use the house phone to call my cell phone and put the house phone on speaker so I can keep an ear on things at least.

32. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tess is on her way a little late too. Don't let her get too excited, we've got to get those numbers back down. A party should be just the thing to perk her up though.

33. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Do Lou is on his way :mrgreen:

34. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Marvie, I don't think that I have posted in one of your condo's yet, though I read and enjoy them often. Bear Man can't resist a party, though, so I hope you don't mind that he is dropping in to wish Olderson a Happy Birthday!

[​IMG]

35. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/2 Tugger PARTY TODAY ALL INVITED! PMPS 91

Bear Man is more than welcome! All kitties are welcome =) This party is doing great things for Tugger's numbers so I'm thinking of letting them stay overnight if the early birds all run home to check in.

36. D and Noisy

Beautiful!

37. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Basil says he is sorry to be late but his bean had a long day and he had to wait for her to finish making the tuna cake with catnip icing.

Attached Files:

38. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Looks like Tugger has had a brilliant day. KB likes Cowboy Cookout, too. I order from Pet Food Direct - there is usually a coupon code posted somewhere, often in Supply Closet on the forum. Don't order from them without a coupon, even the company will tell you noone does. If you can't find one, call them and ask for one and I'll bet they do something for you. :)

39. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the party is still going on because Putty could not make it earlier but he is on his way now if it is ok.

40. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I wish Tess liked Cowboy Cookout, I've been sneaking it into her FF Chopped Grill. Try the Southern Delight and the Surf & Turf too. If you sign up at PetfoodDirect they email you coupon codes, I think once a month there is a free shipping one. Right now they have 17% off Easter Weekend PET4036 on anything and $20 off an order of $100 good for a week until today NBD20LGA. You have to buy full cases of one flavor usually.

41. Marvie and Tugger

Putty is still welcome if he's still awake! Tugger is only at 80 at +4 so he gets a sleepover =)

42. Marvie and Tugger

The party yesterday was a big hit =) Everyone was perfectly behaved, nothing was broken and no one over did it. Scrabble rested like a good kitty and no one even cared about his shirt. I think everyone stopped by his spot to hang out for a while and the girls kept bringing him food all day. Bella even brought him her spider, so I think she likes him a little bit.

The cakes were a big hit! I was glad Basil brought the Tunacake because I didn't think about some kitties not liking chicken OR beef. Every bite of both cakes was eaten up, the snacks were all gone when I got up this morning, and all the dishes were done! Somebody even set up the coffee for me for this morning, I don't know who it was but whoever did it is my hero(ine) and I would give them a whole handful of freeze dried chicken crack if I knew who was the nice kitty who made my coffee.

They were perfectly behaved when I had to go out to walk Boomer and also when I had to run out to pick up a bag of 'nip for them. I was very proud of them all. I hope the ones who had to leave last night made it home ok, I only got a few calls letting me know they'd made it home safely. I figured they just got busy telling their beans all about the fun, but I did worry just a bit. The ones who slept over are still sleeping... it's Caturday after all! I'll be rousing them soon and sending them home. I know their beans missed them last night but I hope they had a nice night of sleep (or whatever!) without the kids around.

I wasn't allowed to hang with them, so I don't have lots of details about the party and what all happened... since they were being so good I just stayed out of the way and hung out with Boomer. Which reminds me, a few kitties were brave enough to go in and say hello to him. It was nice, poor guy was feeling left out till then. I guess maybe those brave kitties have droolers of their own at home. Most of them stayed well away from his room though, I think his size is very intimidating to most kitties.

Anyway, it was a wonderful day and night and Tugger is a very happy kitty that his first ever party went so well. Thank you all for letting your kitties come and you can be very proud of them =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.