4-20-18 Jones AMPS 131 , + 10 191 PMPS 193

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I was late getting home and DH was trying to take over and feed everyone. In the chaos, I forgot Jones' meds. So no prednisolone last night. So this mornings lower AMPS I am pretty sure due to the missing pred not me going back to the .5 units.

I am really beginning to think he needs around .75u to get low and stay low. I have a modified dose decrease of 70 but wonder if I should lower that and/or make him do it more than once on a dose before decreasing.

Just thinking out loud here. That prednisolone dose does impact his numbers and it is the only reason he is diabetic really.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe you could try 60 as the dose decrease number and see how it goes.

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I was thinking that. I don't think that is too low on a human meter, he has food available all day and someone is usually home by +9 the latest during the week day.

I am also thinking of making him go down twice before decreasing. We are in for the long haul unless something really changes....so I guess I can also not hold decreases as long....

Thanks Carla for the input.

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I guess I now what the pred does!

5. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Dumb question probably, but had he been on bude instead of pred before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.