4/20 Arnie AMPS 347

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by arniesdad, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arniesdad

arniesdad Well-Known Member

Increased dose to 1.75 (temporarily) and he has a vet appointment at 4:30PM. I will ask about getting the ear wash and definitely some more AB's and as soon as I see the numbers start to drop I will reduce the dose. I am off tonight and tomorrow so I will be here with him most of the time. I just don't want to see him hit the 400's next. I don't think I could take that! :cry:

2. Sandy and Boris

Sandy and Boris Member

(((Bob, Arnie))) glad your home and going back to the vet, can't stand seeing these numbers. I know it has to be upsetting for you. Hang in there will check for update later.

3. arniesdad

Re: 4/20 Arnie AMPS 347 +6 280

Just back from the vets. They cleaned a LOT of black gunk out of both ears and gave me a new stronger ointment which unfortunately does contain steroids and may effect his BG numbers but it could not be avoided. Also got some ear wash that I can use once or twice a week if the gunk starts to come back. They showed me how to clean and wash his ears using the wash, q-tips, and cotton balls. Hopefully now this will clear up the infection and we can get his numbers back down to normal. I know I am feeling better about it! :razz:

4. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Glad you got more meds and the wash. I could always tell Princess had something going on because when I would pat her head she would shake it, like her ears were itchy. I still clean them regularly for maintenance. I guess we can only work on one problem at a time.

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

glad to read that the vet went well. I hope the new AB take care of Arnie infection, and that his numbers come on back down. ((((Bob and Arnie))))

6. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Good to hear your feeling better about it. Those cute lil' Arnie ears.

7. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you got stronger Ab's .....feel better Arnie!! cat_pet_icon

Sherry & Zoe

8. arniesdad

Re: 4/20 Arnie PMPS 296

Better than the 385 last night!

9. arniesdad

Re: 4/20 Arnie PMPS 296 +9 143

There is NO DOUBT the ear infection causes the higher numbers. Ears are nice and clean and looky here...143 :razz: :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Dose Reduction This Morning! flip_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.