4/20 Michael AMBG 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LynnLee + Mousie, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-19-michael-ambg-79-pmbg-117.156461/

a little odd that he's been going higher the last two nights. only thing we can think of is it's got to be the heat. it's been about 90 here Monday and Tuesday. we turned the ac on Monday morning for the kitties to have while we were at work but his room is upstairs where it does stay a little warmer than downstairs. I knocked it down another couple degrees today so we'll see if that makes a difference. setting it at 78 degrees must not be cool enough for him :)

we did leave the door to his room open overnight last night. it's across the hall from our bedroom so figured if there were any problems we'd hear it but there were no skerfluffles amongst the kitties. :)

thought about leaving it open while we were at work today but I decided that might be a bit too quick anddddddd, I wouldn't put it past my kitties eating his food and him not having any lunch so we'll do a couple more overnighters first

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wonderful that the overnighter worked out well!! Maybe Michael has a little bit of separation anxiety while your at work during the day and that's why his evening BGs are a little higher??? As we know, these kitties love to keep us guessing.

Once again, thank you, Cindy, for taking such good care of him!!

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Could be. It crossed my mind that maybe it's cause he's by himself thru the day. Over the weekend we had his door open all day long and he got to see my kitties and move about as he chose, etc.....then come Monday he was in his room alone again sooooooo maybe that's playing into it.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's getting along with the other kitties. Hopefully his numbers will stay good and he can come out during the day soon.

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I do think heat plays a role. It has always affected my cats' appetites, so why not the BGs, too?

I'm so glad to see Michael is handling everything well. You are truly a wonderful person, Cindy, to care for him so well.

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Nice start to the day for Michael! You're so kind to give him a little extra AC to keep him comfy. Never mind the droolers in the basement are freezing! :p:smuggrin:

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Michael is doing just great! I'm glad that he can have his door open at night now. Hopefully your weather will cool off a bit!

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.