4/20 Rusty AMPS 358, +5.5 94, +9 314, PMPS 359, +4.5 219; increase; update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's emergency surgery

Good Morning L&LL,

Rusty was OK last night. I think he slept pretty well (although he chose not to sleep in the bed with us). In any event, he ate most of his nighttime food and this morning is pretty good. He is no longer "hyped up" and is acting normal. He ate all of his breakfast in 2 sittings with an hour nap in between. He was served FF Tender Turkey Kitten paté, into which I mixed the stool softener--Lactulose (which is sweet and undoubtedly has sugar in it, but that's not a concern at present), He jumped up onto the table, onto the couch, and onto his perch over the radiator, so it looks like he feels OK. He hasn't pooped yet. His breathing is raspy this morning.

Edward and I are about to walk to the Post Office. We'll all have lunch when we return.

Thanks again to you all for the vines, prayers, and encouragement.

2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pretty good start to the day. Thinking of you guys :bighug:

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for some easy breathing.

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Continued vines and prayers for the amazing Rusty and his inspirational beans!

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

And more vines from the south....

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Those all sound good to me. Tons of vines still coming your way. KTSS bus is making rounds and should be there shortly with some chicken soup and rosemary. :bighug::bighug:

9. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I love the mental imagery of Rusty being served his meals. Would that be with one hand behind your back and service from the left? :cat:

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Rusty is doing well.

11. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good night and day. Sure makes my heart smile to read it.

Lactulose - looking at ingredients, I would say no way should a diabetic take it. (Long story...) I ended up using it for Doc and got a huge surprise. I was prepared to increase insulin to control the rising numbers...and they went DOWN! Every time I give a dose, his bg drops. No explanation why. I've talked with several others that have used it with their diabetics that hasn't affected their numbers at all. Hopefully that will be what happens with Sir Rusty.

Yo Rusty! Keep swattin'! ~Dakota

HUGss

12. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

13. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more vines!
    :bighug:

14. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

❤️❤️❤️Sending bushelsfuls more vines and hugs and scritches ❤️❤️❤️

15. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that Rusty is feeling ok today! YAY for good appy!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi again,
    Great! Chicken soup is just the ticket, and rosemary for recovery.

Hi Laresa, I think his high numbers at this point have more to do with the steroid (Depo Medrol) than the Lactulose. Interesting about your experience. Good news is that Rusty likes the taste and is therefore eating his food!

Rusty has had a good day. He ate well, had OK breathing, watched the scene out his window while sitting on the radiator (damp, chill, dreary day today), schmoozed with his beans, and had a small poop (not influenced by the stool softener, as far as I can tell, but I didn't see any sign that he might have busted his stiches). He doesn't seem to be in any pain from the surgery and is acting normally.

Thanks for all the visits and the vines.

17. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for a successful poop. [​IMG]

I had to use lactulose for a short stint , yes it's got sugar but it's just as important that he not bust those stitches....

18. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Prayers that Rusty proves the bad reports wrong and continues to get stronger and stronger each day :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Regarding the Lactulose: while we all know our kitties write their own rules when it comes to how they react to anything and everything, lactulose is not supposed to effect blood glucose.

It's actually a synthetic sugar that is broken down in the colon into products that pull water out from the body and into the colon. It works by drawing ammonia from the blood into the colon where it is removed from the body. Because it is broken down in the colon it is not absorbed in the intestines and therefore should have little if any effect on glucose levels.

Because it is not digested, lactulose passes unchanged to reach the colon, where it exerts its osmotic laxative effect

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Lots more vines coming! :bighug:

21. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

❤️❤️❤️❤️Ella, Edward, and magnificent Mr Rusty, Sending good weather vibes, more hugs, scritches and Happy Caturday vines ❤️❤️❤️❤️

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Wow! Thank you Chris!!!

Linda and Bear Man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.