4/20 Sammy AMPS=341 +3~249

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Maureen & Sammy, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Shot 1.5U after initial run of PMPS 452 +3~419 +6~335 +9~301. No sign of poop. I am going back to bed. To court sleep I'll count cow pies so to speak.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 4/12 Sammy AMPS=341

Hope you get a real good sleep.

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/12 Sammy AMPS=341

Morning Maureen...hope you enjoy your sleep :YMHUG:

Here is the link from yesterday's condo for you: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12380

Hope you have a great day!!

4. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Still no poop. Should I be dressing to go to the doctor?

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Has Sammy used the LB for other functions? When you spoke to your vet yesterday, did you mention the lack of poop? If so, and the vet said if the situation didn't change then to bring Sammy in, I'd suggest getting Sammy to the vet.

Please get a spreadsheet set up. It will be very difficult to put Sammy's numbers together by paging through your last two condos -- we need a SS in order to have a consolidated view of Sammy's progress. The instructions are in the Tech Center.

6. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Re: 4/20 Sammy AMPS=341 +3~249 NO POOP

Yes, he's peeing. Yes, I told the doctor. He asked is he straining? No. Is he throwing up? No. Is he not eating? No. He mentioned vaseline. I smearing a bit on Sammy's nose. Sam decided it was a skin creme and didn't lick it off like he was supposed to. The doctor said to keep him posted.

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Let's see how the next few hours go--
    Stop sitting & staring at the cat!! @-) @-) WE All have done it, and watch every move, so try to be calm & do your things in the house-
    Checking up is OK-Stalking for poop, not recommended :lol: --But we DO understand...
    He had a nice drop already on 1.5U, that's great--He's going down nicely!!
    Sending you a PM--Hope you get a poopie prezent soon :mrgreen:
    You are doing a good job here!

8. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

OK, kids, I created a SS but the sharing part - pshew - color me a stinkin' Luddite but confused_cat I can't make out exactly what code I should be using in the box on the Publish to the web thingie. This is the URL for Sammy's Spreadsheet:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... RSFE&hl=en
    if that helps any

I have always threatened to write a book entitled "Mrs Bell & Mrs Edison Shoulda Had Girls" The subtitle of which would be "We all look better in candlelight"

9. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Re: 4/20 Sammy AMPS=341 +3~249 +6 Questionable

OK, I'm not going to panic. Comes time for the +6 I get 332, but I don't like the way the blood flowed on to the dipstick so I try again 2 minutes later. It's 437. I'm going to wait a few minutes then do it again. OK did it a third time 12 minutes after the second time. It was 278. Geez that never happened before. The battery in the meter was changed in living memory. I'll do a +7

10. Roni and Moonie

That should be his nadir-take the 278, but still do a retset at +8 which would be noontime vicinity right??--Do Not panic! but I cant get into the spread sheet :D
    I am absolutely a computer idiot! So I totally understand..Not to worry, ask for help again.
    What meter are you using?? They are always different if you test consecutively in a few minutes..
    I have had freestyle, one touch(DH uses it) relion, and now accu check aviva which I like a lot--More expensive-buy strips online.-
    Meters are variable, but if you use the same meter all the time, you will see how it becomes reliable-
    Did you calibrate with the solution?

11. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

The doctor just called cause I had called about Sammy's poop issue and he thought 332-437-278 w/in 14 minutes was pretty normal. He conceded that Lantus in cats in usually twice a day. He took down all of Sammy's numbers since first 1.5U shot last night (of course he thinks I'm testing too often and being mean). He was less concerned about the poop than he was yesterday. was surprise Sammy didn't lick the Vaseline. Suggested I might try Laxitone but thinks there's sugar in it and so is hesitant. Thinks Sammy should go to 2U 2bid say around Thursday.

12. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Re: 4/20 Sammy AMPS=341 +3~249 +6~278

I use a One Touch Ultra with Accu-Chek Multiclix Lancets. I don't have any of the testing solution left. I have been using the same meter since the beginning. The battery has only been changed once on 10/8/09. OK I'll do the +8 which would be my time 1:20PM.

13. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Hi Maureen, welcome to LL. I stayed out of the way yesterday as the experts were there for you. What size sample does your meter use. It could be as simple as not enough blood giving the differing readings. I'd get some new testing solution and test every time you open a new batch of strips. It eliminates one variable. The solution does have an expiration date too, so check that.

As for no poo, I know that others have used Miralax. Tiny amount, about 1/8 tsp. You can do a search in the forum to see what others say about it. It's very gentle and available in most drugstores. Here's a link to a condo with that fun discussion. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12192&p=122224&hilit=Miralax#p122224

I couldn't see your SS either. Did you enable sharing, it's about the last step. If you can click on your link and see it , sharing not enabled is the problem. On the Top right (under the sign out button) is a share button. Reread the tech sticky and follow the steps to enable sharing.

Welcome again, you certainly did make a dramatic entrance. :shock: Even my DH was following the saga on the other computer. :lol:

14. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

I need to be stepped through the sharing thing. I can't make out what the URL should be. It's called Sammy's Spreadsheet so if you tell me exactly what it should be I can try.

15. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

the URL should have "pub" in it instead of "ccc"; for instance:
    spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rlXYrHqbL56mv3iNyv2r-Ig&output=html
    and not:
    spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnZRb21WZcH_cmxYWXJIcWJMNTZtdjNpTnl2MnItSWc&hl=en

So try to find the one with "pub" :cool:

edit to add:
    if you click on the "share" pull-down thingy in Google docs, one of the options is "get the link to share"

16. Ann & Tess GA

I'll be back, have to reread through it myself. I made a text file which was a little easier to read.

Meanwhile, think you are up to making a signature? Go to your "User Control Panel" under the FDMB logo top left of page. Click the "Profile " tab, fill in the "edit profile" info then click "edit signature"sub-tab, type in what general info you want there, then add the URL for your spreadsheet. That way it will be at the bottom of every post and people don't need to go searching for it.

BRB

17. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

AMPS+341 +3~249 +6~271 +8~303

18. Ann & Tess GA

What MJ said, changing the ccc to pub should do it.

One other thing. If you get logged out of Google or shut down you browser, you will not be able to edit your SS if you have used the link in your signature to get to it. If that happens go to the very bottom of the page, on the left there is a link "Edit this page if you have permission"that will take you to a version where you can edit. You are the only that this will work for. Once you are in the editable page Bookmark it (Save to Favorites in some browsers) and use that to get to your SS rather than the link.

Confused yet? @-)

19. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Glorioski! It worked. That signature thingie worked. Pshew. Thanks, Ann. You'll have me in the 21st century in no time.

20. Ann & Tess GA

You still need to goin and change the "ccc" to "pub" cause otherwise we do not have permission to view the doc.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... RSFE&hl=en ......change the red ccc to pub using the share button on the spreadsheet

21. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

22. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

*applause*
    WHOOMP, there it is :mrgreen:

23. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

:thumbup Yay! (((Maureen & Sammy)))
    You have a SS now....! Great job!! I agree with what Ann said, give about 1/4 teaspoon of MiraLAX, it generally produces results within 24 hours.

24. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

No diarrhea?

25. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

PMPS= 294. Shot 1.5U. Still no poop. Still eating, well, shrimp anyway. Drinking water. The SS is updated :D

26. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Maureen and Sammy hope you are settling in here at LL it just takes a while to absorb all the info and get organized with a SS but you are doing great try the miralax it usually :D works really well

27. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good job today, Maureen. On my computer your SS worked with both the ccc and the pub versions. Sammy is doing fine.

Ella & Stu

28. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Yeah, the little dickens fooled me too.

29. Ann & Tess GA

You got it!! Sorry, I had to leave and take my mother to a DR. appt. and I was running late as usual.

Look at some of the other posts. People put a lot of misc. info in their signatures. You can edit it to add or subtract whatecer you want. If you want to add an avatar (the pix on right of posts)that is the next sub-tab down from edit, You can upload from your computer or an online site. It just has to be small less than 20 KB. We'd love to see Sammy there!

30. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

First I have to get a camera. Then I have to get a 16-year-old.

31. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

32. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

hi Maureen

are u talking about injecting it?
    u might want to put MIRALAX Q to your main subject line. Get u some eyes on that asap, k?

33. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I've always just sprinkled 1/8 teaspoon onto Gabby's food. When you say "shoot." I'm presuming you mean syringe feed vs. inject. This is an oral preparation. I'd just add it to food. I also add water to Gabby's food so that aids in dissolving the Miralax.

34. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

MIRALAX Q

Oh, no. I meant orally with one of those syringes used for antibiotics and such. I'm not sure I can get the food into him at this point.

35. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

thanks for input Sienne for Maureen!
    I wuz a little nailbite_smile about that question

36. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I see a spreadsheet, excellent! And a yellow preshot reading, cool. I know you're used to having Sammy more tightly regulated, so if he doesn't start to come down by tomorrow we might want to look at increasing the dose a little bit. We hold doses a minimum of 4 cycles (usually we hold for at least 6 cycles, but since Sammy is a long-time diabetic who has previously been on a higher dose of a different insulin, we can rearrange some of the rules a little bit IF the numbers call for it). We'll see where he goes tonight and tomorrow.

The miralax - just to be sure, you mean to shoot it into his mouth, not somewhere else, right? :lol: I would think that's ok if that's easier than mixing it into food. I've used it occasionally, but I mix it into food and nobody notices.

37. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

My first indication that he wants to go: He steps into the box, sorta gets into position and then reacts like it was a smelly WC in the NY subway. Out he goes. Hey, buddy, that's fresh sand and it's been picked as clean as a burned out gold mine.

38. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Sam has now ingested by mouth (and orally) over the gums and down the hatch approximately 1/8 of a teaspoon of utterly diluted MiraLAX (aside from the little bit that dribbled on the floor). I am now standing by for a gusher at some point in the next 24 hours hopefully.

39. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Pretty nice numbers for only being 3 cycles in!

I do think you should consider putting your initial Lantus adventure in your SS.. remember how comforting it was to see someone elses insane first day.. be helpful for others who have the same issue in the future (and you won't be the last.. you don't get to hold the title forever! :) )..

40. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

PMPS = 294 +3~273. SS Updated. My very first spreadsheet.

41. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Sure be happy to. I can probably do it Thursday nite (I have to get some work done). So a cycle is one 12-hour period huh. What do you think of the doc's suggestion of going to 2U? Is that too much? Can you tell yet?

42. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

You need to keep the dose consistent for at least 3, if not 5 days. Lantus is a depot medication -- we refer to this as a "shed." Take a look at the sticky at the top of the Board that discusses this.

43. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Yeah, I did. That's what I figure is making him perform the way he is.

44. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

If you remember.. I warned you that Lantus is normally quite boring.. you were excited about that idea.. so now every time you get impatient, I can hang that over your head!!! :).

45. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

We must be doing a Vulcan Mind Lock. I was thinking about that a little while ago as my heart rate returns to something resembling normal. Tell me - you want +6 or would something else (or in addition) tell you more?

46. Roni and Moonie

AND THERE"S Your Very First SS!!! I am proud of you!!
    And Look at these numbers! Doing pretty great for only a few days here in Lantus Land!!
    Maureen, you are doing a SUPER Job--By Jove I think you've got it. party_cat dancing_cat flip_cat dancing_cat party_cat

47. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Gee those emoticons really make you feel good. Thanks a lot. Couldn't have done any of it without you. :YMHUG:

48. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

PMPS=294 +3~273 +6~278

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.