4/20 Shadow AMPS=360, PMPS=367 ??Question...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=332
    +6=351
    +8=314
    AMPS=360 ~1.25u Lev (start 14th cycle)
    Yesterday's Condo

Shadow is creeping up again....after the 63 at +8 two days ago. He seems happy and is looking great.

I tried a different way of shooting this morning as per Randi & Max. Instead of tenting the skin, one kinda grabs a wad of skin and you shoot at the base...he noticed and turned around so I had to wait till he settled back down again into his reclining position. I can't explain it too well but I am hoping I did it the correct way and that, well, who knows? Reevaluate when things are blah and see if you can do anything in a different way.
    Tomorrow I will try putting lipstick on before I shoot him in the morning. I have never done that before so maybe it will make a difference. And then, I will run around the table three times before I shoot Hocus Pocus give me some greens!! Max did well when she started shooting in this fashion and we were giggling about whether it was a coincidence or not....but he did better after the insulin went in this way.

I am also trying to test more often as per Carolyn & Latte.
    I am also wasting a lot of time wishing....wishing that I could just start all over again. Skip the 6 weeks of the stoooopid Vetsulin and begin fresh with home testing and Levemir ....back in August. So, that is a colossal waste of time to sit around wishing, isn't it? :lol: I can't even take a hit shower this morning cause we need a new hot water heater. I am stuck in this dismal mental spot....maybe I will wish that i was young and thin and very intelligent too....why not? Wishing is totally FREE! :lol: Oh, and the Lottery of course!! ;-)

I wish you all a wonderful green and healing Tuesday! :mrgreen: :?:

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 4/20 Shadow AMPS=360

Shadow and Latte are bouncing to the moon today! Maybe they thought the full moon was tonight (isnt it next Tues?).

Try a +3 and +6 test today. If he's gonna break today you might catch it sooner ...

I felt bad that you were doing a +6 last night. I wanted to scream down to Fl...DONT DO IT...HE's STill bouncing.

I hope it clears soon

HANG IN THERE pat!

(((pat)))

9Ignore the capitol letters...stupid phone. LOL

3. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Good Morning Pat,

Don't change too many things at once. You might want to wait a few days before you try the lipstick (suggest green) and then wait a bit before running around the table.

Personally, I put on my green prom dress pre-test. Some days this gets a bit time consuming.

Thanks for the suggestion of adding a bit of raw to Sophisticats. He has also stopped eating his raw diet. I'll head in to the "city" this weekend and hit a Petsmart for food.

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

oh shadow! That pink looks horrible on you .. come on back down to those handsome green numbers .. you wear them so well!

5. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please let me know if this works... and shoot video! Pictures or it didn't happen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet a lot of us wish we could rewind time and go back and do this whole thing differently. I sure do. I feel like I wasted three months, sitting on my hands basically, just doing what the vet told me to do and not seeing a bit of progress. Seeing how much better Tugger has done since we came here, while it feels GREAT, kind of adds to the guilt factor. I knew about FDMB when he was diagnosed, I visited the old board and posted a time or two and read a lot of stuff but I didn't put the effort out there to do what I should have done. Sure, I had stuff going on, but really. I could have figured it out. I just didn't.

You though... you got Raja otj and you're working your tail off to get Shadow there too. You'll find the magic thing that will work for him eventually I think. It just might be the lipstick trick ;) He's feeling much better now than he was before, right? You're getting him there! Maybe he just likes all the extra attention this sugardance gets him ;) Either way, I think you're doing a fantastic job with your furbabies and I know I sure appreciate the support you give out in the condos you visit =)

You're in Florida right? Isn't it warm and sunny and stuff down there? Just throw on a bathing suit and head down to the beach. You can shower in the free showers, the water is usually pretty warm :D

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,
    You haven't lost your sense of humor, :smile: I am getting a late start this morning. Sometimes Maggie lets out a sound like the shot hurts when I do it on the side. I hope Shadow comes down today.

7. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Pat))) :YMSIGH:
    It's tough, huh? You got Raja OTJ & I just know that Shadow will follow too.. some just take longer than others & I know it isn't fair - it just isnt. I like the idea of wishing though & trying different rituals, I belive in all that ;-) I forget.. do you feed mini meals? I had a hard time visualizing the new shooting method.. but I hope it works!! I shoot Baby by making a tent on the side of her shoulder/chest.
    I am thinking of you & wishing Shadow some really good #s in the very near future!! Tomorrow you can post a pic of you in your lipstick :mrgreen: Will it be green lipstick?

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

PAT--ECID ECID ECID! All shots lead to Rome! Dont get downhearted, as this is a temporary thing here--It's just one bunch of numbers on One day (as Sienne has told me)
    You have a happy healthy boy, who is the apple of all the girl kitties eye!!
    You did such a great job with Raja, but the variables were different!
    Heck I thought you were young & thin & intelligent?? You are in my eyes, my friend! :mrgreen:
    OK, so pick yourself up, dust yourself off, & start again...
    If Life was a straight line, wouldnt it be boring??
    I've been here 2 yrs..What should I say?? My girl is happy, well & kinda regulated--For that I'm eternally thankful!
    Off the pity pot & start telling Shadow-"you will come down, you will come down"
    And for heaven's sake, Wear Your Tiara!!!!
    HUGS~!!!!!! Luv Ya!!

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Thanks guys....I write something outlandish and you all TOP it! :lol: Ok, green lipstick is what I should wear? :roll:
    Well, Halloween is miles away, where can I get green lipstick in April?
    Uh, and Amy...the green PROM dress? How in God's name am I going to get a green prom dress at my age?

That old connotation of being a weirdo cat lady will take on NEW weirdness if anyone would ever come to my door and see me with my cats while I am running around the table 3 times in green lipstick and a green prom dress waving a syringe in my hand...TOTAL Weirdo!!! :lol: And with a Video camera no less!! OMG!! :lol:
    :roll: hold it a minute....
    I think I need a chant to fill out the routine....some chant that I could be screaming at the same time as running around the table....3 times should do it, right? Take me away!!!! I'm about ready for the straight jacket now, dontcha think? :lol:

10. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Numbers go down, Numbers go down
    Let Shadow's Pancreas go to town
    Numbers go down, Numbers go down
    Bring those numbers down.

The syringe is your wand, the dining room table is your alter, don't forget to shoot a small offering of insulin into the air, and put the test strip and meter on the table in the center surrounded by white (or blue, blue is for healing) candles. It would be very helpful if you can get Shadow to participate. He can hang out under the table, safe from candles but still in the circle. You might want to light some incense too or burn some nice healing essential oils (lavender is good) in a burner on the alter.

Don't forget to thank the Gods (Bast is a good one because she's the Goddess of Cats, or maybe Akeso because she was the Goddess of curing illness) for their help and healing Shadow's pancreas.

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

No matter when you are down Pat, your condo is always amazing!!
    I totally agree with Roni, lol. Of course you are young, thin and brilliant!!!!
    The voodoo dance reminds me of Jane Fond in the movie mother-in-law when she
    dresses up on all of this ceremonial stuff to watch a move with J Lo.
    It is very funny.

I hope the new positioning will prove interesting.
    I just might have to do one of those cat demos on you tube or post the pictures. :D
    Watching Shadow's numbers, and you too.

12. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Omigosh, I really have to start coming in here earlier. What a great start to my day. :lol:
    I can't possibly add anything to this thread, except to ask Shadow to "pretty please, put on your blue suit today".
    Pat, the voodoo queen... :lol: the visuals I have in my head now, will keep me smiling for the rest of the day. :D

13. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,
    Can't wait to see your next check. No, I don't mind you nagging :lol: ; I enjoy it as I needed to update my condo, too! I'm hanging in, but nighttime checks are still rough! My Vet last time thought I was doing too many checks, and I don't do near as many as all of you. He also mentioneutd going to once a day, but I know from reading another thread that it is not the way Lantus works. I didn't say anything, but I was thinking to myself, no way! I hope Shadow improves as the day passes; maybe some warm Florida sunshine would help!

14. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Hmm the lipstick idea sounds promising.. I'm going to have to consider that..

I floss and brush my teeth before I give Nova her AM and PM shot.. may have to mix it up a little bit :).

If love or regret was enough to treat FD.. our cats would long since be OTJ .. Nova was dx very early.. 300 bg.. at the vet.. on dry food.. even with my struggles in changing her diet and get the hang of home-testing the first 3 months.. I know she's never even SEEN a red number.. she should have been one of those give just a smidge of insulin.. wind sprint to the falls types.. I don't think an hour goes by that I don't wonder what the heck I am doing wrong.. where I've screwed up.. had all sorts of ideas about how I would do things differently..

Completely useless thinking.. doesn't mean I don't do it constantly :).. and I know you know it's pointless, but love does crazy things.. all I'm saying is I'm happy to be irrational and over-emotional with you Pat... ahha.

15. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hahahaha just sitting here reading condo's having my coffee and having a laugh for the day!!! Your condo is always fun to read! Shadow, Scrabble has a message for ya, get out of those pinks, they do not look good on you! He said Green is the in color right now!!! Hope your day goes well!!!! Hugs!!

16. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I want to see photos of the day you wear green lipstick. :lol:

17. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am literally laughing OUT LOUD!! I have never heard anything more funny! This compares to when Devon said, getting Mocha regulated is about the same as her & Peter going to the moon :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly I know you all are serious.. but it is sooooo funny what you say! I think back about it hours/days later & always laugh til I cry!!

18. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

As always, your condo never fails to disappoint. :mrgreen:

I know it's easy to get sidetracked by "woulda shoulda coulda", but you are amazing! You've done such wonderful things for both your sugarkitties, and for everyone here in LL and on FDMB. You're a bright spot in an often dark journey, and when your part is dark, we'll light the way for you. Never forget what a good job you do being a mamabean to Shadow and Raja, and an expert party planner on top of it.

As far as your magic outfit, see if this helps: http://tinyurl.com/y6tr9my

And because looking fabulous needs no occasion other than shooting insulin: http://tinyurl.com/y397v66

19. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Sarah...the link is to Amazon for Manic Panic Green Envy Metallic Lipstick Goth Deathrock
    That is quite a name for a lipstick....but it is available at this time of the year....
    LOLOLOLOL

And I certainly would NOT look that good in that prom dress... :lol: SO funny Sarah! Thank you!!!

Ready for Shadow's day? I wasn't...
    +2=384
    +3=375
    +4=309
    +5=353
    +7=367
    +8=330
    Nadir changed today. I did her a dry hacking hairball cough but nothing came up so I did add some oil to his +8 snack. His numbers have not been very nice since that 63 the day before yesterday...I think he is ready for his dose of 1.375 u as Joyce suggested awhile back... :roll:

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

So Pat, I wasted the first 4 YEARS!! (and Stu is still alive, despite blind shooting for 4 years)!!! Stu says: don't test my pal Shad-0 so much, he's playing with you!!!!! Green lipstick; green prom dress; as they say in NYC: "green is the new black". Here's hoping your boy comes down tomorrow. We'll be watching (if this building doesn't go on strike and the wi fi room is shut down).
    Stu sends love to Raja,

Ella & Stu

21. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh what a joy this condo is today to read to think we should all start doing chants and offerings to the Kitty God's before we shoot Pat I wasted Do Lou's first 4 months of not hometesting and running bk and forth to my vet every 3 days :sad: :sad: talk about stress on Do Lou and the N we were on was sure not doing it other then making him go up and down like a rollar coaster I try not to beat myself up too much for these months of being a Bad cat mom just hoping for the best now for him. I am sure Shadow will turn green again just get some of that lipstick and maybe run around the table and then do a chant or two maybe burn some :D sage always a good cleansing herb. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 4/20 Shadow AMPS=360, PMPS=367

PMPS=367 ~1.25u Lev (start 15th cycle)

angry(2)_cat

Question:

Was thinking....and talking to a buddy....do you think I should up his dose to the 1.50u and really really watch him so he doesn't dip really really low really really fast again? Just wondering if any of you have any thoughts about it? I will wait for 3 times <50 to lower his does then instead of the the 2 times....think I might try it in the morning if you think it could work....

I went back to shooting the old way tonight. I couldn't get enough skin to do it the way Randi had done it...I appreciate knowing about the method and it might work in the future. I notice that he has a lot of little red spots on his neck in the back. It's the strangest thing....almost looks like needle marks but it is way higher up on the neck than I would ever shoot....will have to watch it. He has been scratching a lot lately though come to think of it.

23. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Yes. :mrgreen:

I vote for a dosecrease. But yes, watch him so he doesn't go to 30 again.

Whew, finally something in this condo I can respond to! I was lost there for a minute, with the lipstick and prom dresses...

24. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

No pink or red lipsticks anymore, and don't rush him so you should pick up some yellow and blue lipsticks with the green one.

And whatever you do, be sure you draw all the drapes before you start this ritual of running around the furniture in that green prom dress and various shades of liptstick; you don't the neighbors talking about that crazy cat lady and have the whole think turn up on youtube!

unless of course, Shadow's numbers benefit

25. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Sounds like you should stock up on the deeelicious MC and HC foods.

Good luck sweet Shadow!

26. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

yes! increase the dose and feed the curve to keep him from dropping too low.
    let's get more green on his ss...

27. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think upping the dose sounds like a good plan. Good luck with the increase. Do you think Shadow will like all of the additional attention?

28. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Heck - If you are going to increase the dose ya won't need to do all the other fun stuff - the lantus will do all the work. Good luck with the increase. I am going to bed now laughing and hoping I won't be haunted by visions of you doing the medicine woman witch dance with green lipstick (wait a minute - wasn't that the costume in Wicked???)

29. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

WOW...thank you all for the posts! Appreciate it so much!

+4=303
    I will definitely close up the windows and doors so no one will see the crazy cat lady doing her crazy act here. :lol:

30. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose Pat!
    Let's move butt Shadow, :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.