4.21.18 Bella amps337,+2 350,+4 286,+6 298, +8:40 364pmps 343 +3 284

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bellasmom, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

2. Bellasmom

Curve day! Had a great nite, bella has all P’s

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Hope Bella comes down from the bounce and shows you some good numbers for curve day :):bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Well I was really thinking we would stay at 1u but now I’m starting to doubt it, not very good numbers today and he seems fine, very lovey and had been hanging out with me playing, got his pedi, been brushed, he loves when I give him his kitty spa treatment lol

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

My kitties get their spa day once a month, the day they get their flea treatment. Pedi, ears, look overed carefully, hygiene clip, of course nose kisses and ear rubs are mandatory. Of course some fight me (PJ), some love it so much they wiggle all over (Tux), some cower (Tripper) an some keep hitting you to stop but purrs the whole time (Olive).

Kris & Teasel and Bellasmom like this.
  6. Bellasmom

Bella and Abby are the only 2 who enjoy full spa treatment, Andy and Sammie on enjoy brushing, they like to growl and hiss at me for the rest of it, I’ve been cutting Andy’s nails for almost 19 years you would think he would not act like I’m cutting his feet off lol

7. Bellasmom

I’m guessing the lagoon scared the heck out of bella the other day, he says no way, numbers are crazy today

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

@Bellasmom
    Do you know about ordering Lantus from Canada? It's less than a 1/3 as much $.

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Will you be able to do some extra tests tomorrow? At this point, I kind of feel like continuing the curve today is just extra pokes. He may be in a bit of a bounce today.

10. Bellasmom

Yes but I haven’t had to yet, I’m sure I will get to that point

11. Bellasmom

Wonder why the high numbers today

12. Bellasmom

Yes, so stop poking?

13. Bellasmom

Do I increase this evening then? I’m trying to do increases or decreases on sat evenings because I’m off on sun so I can monitor him

14. Nan & Amber (GA)

Good question. I think you could argue to hold the dose, because you did get some nadirs below 150 on your evening spot checks, even if he's hanging out in higher numbers today on the actual curve day. I know he's been in pinks and yellows for the last 24hrs, but I have a feeling that these aren't where he "really" is on this dose and that he might be about to break a bounce soon.

But I agree, if you do increase, you'd want to do it tonight so you have a chance to assess the dose before the workweek starts, so I'm not sure on this. Hopefully others will weigh in before shot time.

15. Bellasmom

It seems as the week goes on he starts to go up, if this is a bounce, dang it’s a long one and makes me feel ugh, not anxious just ugh, sad

16. Bellasmom

No more curve testing today?

17. Nan & Amber (GA)

It's up to you and Bella's patience. He looks like he's just going to stay high today, though, so if you wan to save some pokes, I think you can assume you've gotten all the information you're going to get out of today (now, watch-- he'll start breaking his bounce this afternoon just because I said that!!!).

Kris & Teasel and Bellasmom like this.
  18. Bellasmom

Probably lol

19. Bellasmom

I'm sure he will be happy no more pokes for a bit

20. Bellasmom

I did it 1 more time, continues to climb,:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

21. Nan & Amber (GA)

How is he feeling/acting today? Could there be something bugging him (hairball, constipation, etc.)?

22. Bellasmom

No, he is acting like he normally does, he’s sleeping right now, he ate very well, peed, pooped, kitty spa at my house this am, just rolled around purring, I’m just speechless at this

23. Bellasmom

If something is bugging him, he poops outside the cat box always has and I have to figure it out that’s how we found the diabetes

24. Nan & Amber (GA)

Well, that's good in a way that he's feeling himself. Guess you'll just have to wait this one out... Back down, Bella, please!

Bellasmom likes this.
  25. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I think he has room for an increase. His lowest number has been 99 on this dose. If it were my kitty, I would increase tonight.

Bellasmom likes this.
  26. Bellasmom

Thanks Bobbie

27. Bellasmom

28. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I agree that you can stop the pokes now and I agree with Bobbie about an increase even though the SLGS guide says to keep the dose if the week's lowest is between 90 and ... (I forget). It's just a guide and this is a situation where you need to adjust to suit Bella. I'd go to 1.25 u tonight.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Bobbie And Bubba and Bellasmom like this.
  29. Bellasmom

Will increase to 1.25 tonight, thanks to all

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  30. Bellasmom

Alright I’m asking this cause hubby wants me to..on Saturdays I do curve faithfully but he is off next sat and really wants to do something as we are never ever ever off together, what do other people do if they want to do something on curve day, if it was up to me I’d just stay home cause bella always comes first, I won’t ever put me before bella, just curious and if it can’t be done then that’s ok:) I’m not worried about it, I just don’t want to mess up what we have accomplished on here so far although don’t look at his numbers today, they are terrible

31. Bobbie And Bubba

I'd go out and be with DH next Saturday if Bella is having a nice safe cycle. You are all ready testing really well. So I would take another day before Saturday and do a curve as long as it's not a day he is bouncing. Momma needs a break too :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  32. Bellasmom

I work Monday through Friday so sat is pretty much my only option if I have to increase I will,have sun to see what happens

33. Bellasmom

What is DH

34. Bellasmom

Does it matter what time of day a curve starts just as long as it’s over 12hr period

35. Bobbie And Bubba

DH = Dear Husband.

Bellasmom likes this.
  36. Bellasmom

7DC3175E-9D1F-4434-AB43-CEA8FD7F4582.jpeg
    Evil Bella lol B3F6E356-25E2-425A-85F8-5A30275E70C0.jpeg A5E781C6-DC9B-44E6-9F39-2CBABE5A9623.jpeg

Sweet bella lol

37. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Beautiful pics of your handsome boy! I don't see why you shouldn't change your curve day to Sunday. It takes a number of cycles for a new dose to settle in in any event. So you shouldn't expect to see the results of a new dose the very next day (give it 3 days/6 cycles). Have a great weekend and go out with DH and so something fun.

Bellasmom likes this.
  38. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Bellasmom likes this.
  39. Idjit's mom

What is "the lagoon" and "surfing". I think I saw BCS one time also ?

40. Bellasmom

Lagoon is BG 99 to 50 and surfing is staying there

41. Bellasmom

I have a Maine coon mix too 55C63250-F5AB-4A39-8D78-FB2731E6BE7D.jpeg

42. Idjit's mom

That looks so much like Idjit!!! The marking, the ruff. They could be twins. What is he/she named?

43. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Gorgeous kitties! :smuggrin:

I agree. Do your curve on Sunday next weekend. It's important to get out once in a while to do something fun.

Bobbie And Bubba and Bellasmom like this.
  44. Bellasmom

His name is Sammie

45. Bellasmom

When I got Sammie he would fit in the palm of my hand, I had to feed him for a month or so, a lady just tossed a litter of 3 kitten outside and I took Sammie is was a runt, he would have died

46. Idjit's mom

He's so regal. Idjit is pretty dark over all, with a huge fluffy tail. All these fur babies are so attractive and loveable.

Bellasmom likes this.
  47. Bellasmom

Idgit is a cutie! I love looking at all the pic of the diff cats

48. Idjit's mom

Idjit came to us in a roundabout way. He had been abandoned when very young, he was rescued from the street and taken to the woman's mother. He lived there for a couple of years, then the pet parent died in a car crash. All the animals were farmed out, my co-workerco-worker, a niece, brought him to her house (5 kids, a dog and another cat). Idjit hid and didn't eat. She kept talking him up, I caved (over DH disapproval), and we brought him home. Idj adores DH, and vice versa. A man and his cat. I do the work, he gets the worship.

Bellasmom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  49. Bellasmom

I know the feeling, I can come home and the cats will walk by me to go to DH and we’ve only been married 2 yrs, I’ve had them forever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.