4/21 Luci AMPS 184,2+50,3+64,4+81,5+101,6+119,9+190,PMPS 207,2+170,4+99,4+117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Had nice bit of time in the lagoon - lots of steering to keep her from going down with the sharks...hoping to see some more green soon :)

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

What will she do today? :smuggrin:

Looking good on this dose so far. :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek: 50 at +2!

You will have to ask if a reduction is warranted.

4. Sue and Luci

Someone mentioned recently to me that I should not reduce if she goes below 50 one time....I'll have to look through the threads to see who said that...Maybe Gill&George? How does one keep up with advice that is to be referenced when/if it's time to think about changing her dosage?

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That was Stacy the other day. I myself suggested it about 2 weeks ago. If you are good with 3 drops below 50 or 1 drop below 40, then go for it.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Gill may have, but I did too. I think it would be useful for Luci to spend more time in and get used to lower numbers if you took reductions at 1 under 40, or 3 under 50 (but over 40) on 3 separate days. As far as what advice to take, that’s entirely your call, you know Luci and your situation best. You can also try it one way and if it doesn’t work try it the other way. There’s just no one right answer that applies to every cat and situation. You test a lot and I’m confident in your ability to keep Luci safe or I would not have suggested it to you. :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Excellent! Thank you for the reminder! I can never find the previous threads - I wish I could mark them as 'favorite' or something like that - so I can find it easily.
    I'll keep that reference in her book (I have a notebook with all her numbers, times, insulin doses, food - just handwritten - but it's quick and handy to get at.)

I'm going to keep her at this dosage in hopes of getting her to spend more time in the lagoon...she historically seems so reluctant to go anywhere near the lagoon when her dosage is less...if she goes below 50 three times in a row or once below 40 - with food on board - I'll ask for dosage reduction information/advice. I hope that's a good and safe plan for her. I'm here to test away and feed her. DH isn't quite so 'on top of her' as I am...but as a mama bean - I'm hovering around her all the time - DH will be watching her this afternoon while I go for groceries and post office, etc. So we'll be keeping our fingers crossed on that one.

Not to beat up on men, but they get distracted so easily! I come home to find that he hasn't tested her hourly (like I asked)...'oh I forgot the time'...really? Set a damn alarm!! Can't tell you how many times that's happened. I keep emphasizing that her life literally depends on the testing and feeding her appropriately. I'm going to be one angry mama if I ever come home and find her in a hypo situation .... grrrrr....:facepalm:

8. Stacy & Asia

Some people add a column to their SS to copy a link to a particular condo of interest on the day it occurred, with a note as to what goodies are in it, if you are worried about that info being available to all, you can also hide it in your SS so that nobody else can view it but you.

Ha! On DH. At least he will test! My DH is squeamish about the whole thing! My daughters are not lax like that, but they don’t test Asia consistently enough that they can get a feel for when to/when not to test and so they usually just test every hour. :p Overkill, but it works.

Also, the below 50 isn’t 3 times in a row, it’s on 3 separate days, so if she went below 50 twice yesterday (just making up an example), that would count only as strike one.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Thank you so much! I understand it's advice...and I'm learning more about Luci and her response to insulin as we go along. I'm going to try this experiment - I guess I can call it that - keep her dosage as is until I can't steer her with food...or she starts dropping too low and making me uncomfortable. I will be testing frequently.

I think it's interesting that even though she goes low (like some of her numbers in the past have been as low as 35)...and never has she exhibited any symptoms of hypo - no staggering or lethargy or drooling or anything that makes me think she's hypo - I'm relying on the glucose meter to tell me about her BG - rather than waiting to see if she's going to exhibit symptoms - I personally hope to never see anything like that - I'd probably freak out!

We've come a long way since the beginning in November - when she required both my DH and me to just hold on to her and get a test - rather infrequently - and now she purrs when I put her up on the testing towel...sits right down and is a 'model' for how to get BG from your cat! What a girl! :D

10. Sue and Luci

Oh! That's good to know! I will keep this thread in my SS as my reference! Thanks for that tip!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.