4/21 Rusty AMPS 260, +5,5 119, PMPS 277, +4.5 220

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Morning, L&LL. Happy Weekend!

I'll continue this later, but just wanted to check in and say that Rusty had a good night, even though he didn't eat much of his nighttime foods. He did have a completely normal-looking poop. I don't know how soft or hard it was when it was "produced", but I don't think he broke his stitches. I don't see blood anywhere.
    Rusty ate almost all of his breakfast (FF Tender Turkey for Kittens, with the stool softener Lactulose added; thanks to @Chris & China for her great explanation of how Lactulose works in Rusty's condo yesterday).
    Rusty is in his bed, sleeping next to the radiator. He has come down from his post-op "high". The sun is shining for the first time in a week! We are on our way to walk to the Post Office. bbl,

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness...I am so happy to hear that Rusty didn't pop any of his stitches. Sending healing vines.

Enjoy the sun and your walk!

3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Rusty is doing well. :) Enjoy the sunshine

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear that Rusty is doing well!

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rusty is doing better and able to poop without breaking the stitches. Sending prayers.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news on Rusty’s progress.......The lactalos is great, Harley’s been on the same type of product for over a year and never has problems and he only hets 1/8th tsp twice a day mixed into his food. Hopefully Rusty won’t need it later on, but if he does it’s not going to affect the diabetes.

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Rusty is having a quiet day of rest. He's eating his foods. He's watching what is going on outside. I know he'd like to go out, but we won't let him because of his surgery. All we would need would be for him to sit on the brick walk and roll in the sand! I checked out his surgery area today and it looks OK.

Tonight the film group is coming again to see "Woman of the Year" (1942, Hepburn and Tracy). I don't think any of our friends have ever seen it!! Rusty will be a great host, as always.

Wishing all a good evening. Back in the late evening.

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

So glad all is going well with sweet Rusty!

9. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you’re enjoying a pleasant turn in the weather, that Rusty had a good day and is gearing up for hosting movie night. What a great movie.

Sending heaps of feel better and Kate and Spencer vines. ❤️❤️❤️

10. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad to hear Rusty had a good day- hope it is just one of many more

11. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Scritches all over his head....

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Rusty was the purrfect host at the movie night. Our friends were amazed at how well he is doing after having had surgery on Thursday. He ate about 2/3rds of his dinner. It was laced with the stool softener, so I hope he got enough. He didn't want to eat any more later this evening.

We are off to bed. Tomorrow I will be going on an Earth Day hike while Rusty and Edward hold the fort. Our hiking group will be bringing trash bags to clean up the trail (this is not one of the popular hiking trails, but is popular with teenagers who come there to party).

Wishing you all a meaningful Earth Day. Edward and I were in Union Square in Manhattan for the first Earth Day celebration (1970). It was one of the most inspiring events of my life and I have been an active environmentalist ever since. Now more than ever before it is time to stand up for our Earth.

13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I just found out Rusty had surgery. I’m hoping he continues to feel well for a very long time. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

What a beautiful day for Earth Day. I remember the first one, too.

Hope Rusty having a good day (and not popping any stitches) and with many many more days and years together to come.
    Hugs, vines and scritches❤️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.