4/22 DAVIDSON PMPS 161, +3-166, +6-150

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you get another blue/green surf today.

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Blue, blue day...............haha

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I think Davidson needs an increase??? He's still surfing the blues for the most part with greens at +4 in the morning.

Remember, I'm taking a more aggressive approach and he seems to still not be holding the greens for very long. Tomorrow morning (4/23) will start his 4th cycle and I've been increasing him at this time..........

Any comments or opinions on this? He does seem to react after the 3rd day, so can always keep him one more day and then increase depending on what his amps is - if it's high then I'll increase him..........

Thanks,

Shawna

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I'd wait and see what he does today. Yesterday may have been a bounce clearing day.

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I’d say bounce or no, there is not enough green and below 120 on the SS and a wee bit of room for an increase. You monitor closely, I say go for it.

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I’m going to increase Davidson unless his amps is low and green....I have to get him regulated and thus far it’s not been done. I leave in 2 weeks and my pet sitter is great, but she is not going to know how to adjust the insulin. I will be monitoring it all when I’m away “if” there is internet and with a 7 hr time zone change will be difficult for communication. I’m happy she can test, shoot and record everything considering it’s totslly foreign to her, and it’s a lot for her to learn in a short amount of time - remember it’s not her cat and she’s not here everyday learning.

My hope is to find a dose that is close and works, then when I leave possibly lowering it so he will be higher and out of risk. If I have to be on the phone and texting it won’t be a vacation, and besides when you’re in the jungles of Africa there is not internet......but I will communicate often as Davidson is my cat and I have to make sure all is good.

Let’s see what he does in an hour.....thanks!

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That sounds like an exciting trip!

Maybe there are other FDMB members close to you as a resource for your pet sitter? Also see if you can help her set up an account here in case she has any questions or a situation and you can’t be reached.

Excited to see what he does with the increase. Come on, Davidson! :D

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Stacey.........I've got the extra resources covered as Wendy&Tiggy have offered to help when needed, and I'll be updating his SS hopefully each day once back from the safari drives as there is wifi at the Lodges. With the 7 hr time zone i'll be able to read everyone's replies. I don't want to give her access to my SS nor here as she already has lots to do and this really isn't in the scope of what she's being paid to do...........so I don't want to overwhelm her. She can test often enough and shoot insulin, feed and spoil them and knows I'm available 24/7 if need be............we will communicate daily by text, although may be delayed replies with time zones. I feel good leaving, and still have 2 weeks.........

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.