4/24 Prudence

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Michelle & Prudence, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Hi All:

Just an update with us. Pru is doing great. We did the OTJ trial for a week in the beginning of the month, but she slipped back into juice land ohmygod_smile (Tried to keep in on the downlow, so I wouldn't set myself up for disappointment) It's been kind of hard for me to judge what to do lately. Since I'm only giving her 0.2 or 0.1 - there's really not much to work with, so I've gone w/out shooting on certain half days. She's at +8 bg 126, so this can go either way? I will have to test again at +10, but it's starting to wear on me how much I'm pricking her poor ear :YMSIGH: I can not get blood from her left ear, so all this time its been her right ear. cat(2)_steam I'm afraid if I wait til +12 she's be in the yellows again, but then again she might not be....ahhhh, I wish I knew, haha Then I'm thinking maybe she's going to drop again on her own, so should I just leave her alone? ohmygod_smile
    [​IMG]

Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's awesome that a lot of you are having some great numbers drinking24

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle,

OK, being a prick...er I mean helping with pricking, I can do that. :smile:

1) What size/gauge lancets are you using? I recommend 28g for the beginners - it is even what we use to this day. Anything smaller doesn't *cut* it, pun intended.

2) Exercise all patience in getting that little ear warm. If you place the rice sock on the back of the ear and your palm on the back of the ear then you should feel the ear go from cool to warm on your palm. This should take a while - 30 seconds at least.

3) When you press the "go" button on the "clicker" count one-kitty-kitty. This sill help you so you do not prematurely move the clicker. So "go" then one-kitty-kitty then move it.

4) Other tips - here are some links to other tips I've given:
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6727#p67873
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5192#p51480
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5769&#p66955

Hope this helps.

BTW Michelle, you are doing a great job for Prudence - a clearly very caring kitty mom. :smile: I've been in similar territory with H on occasion. I would shoot as low as 0.1u all the way down to like 90. And when I did that the curves would frequently be pretty darned near flat - and some said that flat is bad, but in my mind especially at low numbers & low doses, flat can be very good. I've noticed some talk here about "not letting the P get lazy" and my counter to that is that the P needs time to heal. Plus on top of that these darned human meters run perhaps 20 or more points low. So... from my angle I support shooting very little insulin at low numbers.

3. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Hello there my fellow former TIDer! Well, I'm with you as well. Shooting .2 and trying to figure out when and/or if I should shoot. Just thought I'd come and give you and my Prudy some hugs :YMHUG: I was supposed to be on the way to the beach tonight, but I'm trying to wait until Ari gets to a shootable point. I left at +12 with her stuck at 112 and just got home at +17 to 124. I was all prepared with my coffee to head out for the few hour trip to the beach and now I'm here checking in plying her with food to try and get her numbers up enough so I can shoot. \M/

I might be a little slap happy ;)

4. Michelle & Prudence

I am using the Ultra-Thin Plus 32 gauge. In the beginning I had to set the device to #5 (highest)to get any blood, but #4 works just fine on the ear that I test.

Thank you for the info on the ears :smile:

I am glad you had mentioned this! I've actually figured this one out a few days ago, haha

I agree with you about the flat theory. Low #'s & low doses can be a good thing :D It's just a matter of figuring out if it's right for that sugarcat confused_cat

Hope - Thank you for all of your support too!!! I can't believe how well Aria is doing... Well, I can believe it.. its just awesome she's went from 1.0U to 0.3/0.2 in a week :D I hope you can get to the beach and have a drink for me drinking24

Pru hit 198 at +10, so I gave the 0.1, but part of me thinks she may go really low nailbite_smile I'll be up pretty much of the night :coffee: Thanks again everyone for all the support :YMHUG: Maybe I should start a FD Meetup near me and others could do the same in their home town. Not a bad idea, ehh?

5. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I plied Ari with food and got her to 171 so I can go to bed ;) Of course, DH thinks I should get up at 6 am (eek!) and drive the kids to the beach. I'll be thinking about you and checking on Pru in the morning. Get some sleep!! Sounds like she's going to run you on a bit of a roller coaster for a while.

:YMHUG:

6. Michelle & Prudence

Hope - My bad ohmygod_smile thought you said you were still trying to get to the beach tonight, hahha Yes, get some sleep too! Have a great day tomorrow.

7. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

It's ok Michelle. I had full plans to come in, see her high, shoot and then drive straight to the beach. The 124 made me have to get 2 sleeping kids out of the car and that was the end of that! Now we're working on a surprise lunchtime beach trip after DD's rehearsal to make it up to the kids. We have a beach that is only 45 minutes away as opposed to the 2 hours I was going to have to drive last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.