4/3 Ann & Maggie11 AMPS=135; +6=101; PMPS=174

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Ann & Maggie11 AMPS=135

Beautiful start!

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann and Maggie, glad to hear you two are doing well and Maggie is having good numbers!!! Happy Caturday!

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Nina. Yes, I feel good about her numbers.

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Michelle and Mannie,
    I wanted to respond to your reply to me on yesterday's condo.
    I was looking at Mannie's history, and I can see you and Mannie have been thru a lot with the dose hopping with your Vet. I went thru the same with my Vet. I'm so glad we both found this forum. It's hard to believe how the Vets have us shoot blind with our diabetic cats, and some don't even offer home testing as a choice to us. Surely they must realize that humans would never just give themselves insulin without testing. I hope you and Mannie have a nice Easter weekend.

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Michelle,
    And a Happy Caturday to you and Scrabble, too! I hope you don't have to work and can stay home and play with Scrable and Sabrina!

7. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I'm glad you guys found LL too. :mrgreen:

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann...Maggie is looking good!
    My vet had Shadow on 4 units of Vetsulin and Raja was prescribed 3 units!!! I gave that to the two of them religiously ...Raja was hiding and acting strange. The 5th morning she vomited all over the place....I stopped her insulin. I was to go back to the vet once a week to test BGs.... :eek:
    I thankfully found this forum and learned to home test. Raja was started out on .6u Vetsulin according to her numbers!!! Can you imagine what the full 3 units was doing to her? And I was oblivious to it since I didn't home test in the beginning. Strange to think of shooting blindly now, isn't it?

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

?

Hi Pat,
    Oh my gosh, 3 Units!! Our poor kitties, huh! It seems a lot of us have had the same experiences with the way Vets are taught to treat sugar kitties. I just was talking to an employee at PetsMart, and her cat is on Vetsulin and has been diabetic for two years. She didn't know she could be home testing, so I gave her some information about it, and she's going to ask her Vet about it. I'll check back with her next week.

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Oh gosh, I just thought I'd give Maggie a little HC mixed in with her LC for Easter, and I think it caused the spike to 174. That will teach me! Just that little bit, too! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.