4/3 Eeyore +4=312+5=276+8.5=147+11=100PMPS=188 +3=136

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    AMPS=405 Wellness Beef/Salmon out, shot 2U
    +4=312
    +5=276 Mini meal FF
    +8.5=147 Mini meal FF
    +11=100
    PMP:S=188. Evo out for dinner. Will put out Special Diet for overnight when I head to bed...
    +3=136. GO EEYORE!!
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10875

Morning!

The boy continues to make green part of the daily rainbow...as well as red. Sigh. But I'll keep his dose here - he's going low enough at nadir that I don't really want to increase; it's just how to deal with the high preshot numbers that I'm trying to figure out. All P's in order, he's doing really well...so except for the high ps's, all is well for Eeyore...

Hope everyone has a great caturday!

Best-
    Michele

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Eeyore AMPS=405

He sure is a bouncy guy isn't he?
    At first, I was thinking maybe food would help keep him from going green, let him get used to yellow and blue but there are plenty examples of him in the yellow + blue and he still bounced. His liver training may have advanced since those yellow bounces and food might be worth a try.
    Your right, it doesn't feel good to go from red to green and green to red. Steep drops like that make the liver think the cat is in imminent danger so it dumps glucose into the body.
    Paws crossed he clicks into a good place soon. The good news is he has a very responsive liver.

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hoping Eeyore comes down today for you :smile:

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Boing into the Reds. Please take the elevator back down to a lower floor Eeyore!
    Maybe if you go down one...to the Pink lever, you can gather all the kitties you find there and convince them to go down a couple of levels to uh~~Blues maybe? Be a good boy Eeyore.... :razz:

5. Michele and Esse

He's still in the pinks today...he's at 312. I'm sure he'll come down - maybe he's just being a lazy boy this morning. It **is** Saturday morning, after all. LOL.

I don't know about the food issue...I like to make sure they all have enough to eat; with 10 in the house, they do eat in shifts. A few won't eat until others are done...which makes taking up the food hard to do because some will not get enough. I am sure his liver is terribly sensitive...he'd been without good food, and without good treatment for so long that his liver is really ready to help out. It's only been three weeks, and I'm quite pleased with his progress overall, so if he has a day in pink, that's all right...

I just worry that the superhigh bounces are difficult for him...but he seems to not really care. LOL. Still being himself...which is super sweet and loving.

Best-
    Michele

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/3 Eeyore AMPS=405 +4=312 +5=276

i can only imagine how difficult it would be to use food manipulation with 10 cats in the house! lol!
    looks like eeyore is coming down. hope he slides into a nice pmps!

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Eeyore is looking good. :smile:

With Lucy, I just let her bounce. It stopped eventually, and as you say, she really didn't seem to care at all. She has always been a happy, happy goofball. The only time I noticed a real change in her behavior was once she changed to being green 24/7, then she turned into a giant kitten 24/7.

8. Michele and Esse

It is tough, Jill! If I give treats, I'd better be dratted fast, or else I'm quite literally mauled. I am giving the mini meals a shot today, and hoping that will be of some help. It looks interesting...this is the slowest I've seen him come down, and he is at 147 now. Maybe I can do mini meals on the days I'm home? Maybe, if that works, it will teach his liver that it's all right...it may be slow going, though, and I'm not usually home to do a mini lunch and a mini snack...

We'll see how it goes. I'll do it today and tomorrow, and maybe, maybe that will help things.

Libby, I'd love to see Eeyore as a giant kitten. He's already so much more active and playful...and he and Mal have just such a great time playing...it would be very cool to see him have this kinda energy all the time.

Best-
    Michele

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/3 Eeyore AMPS=405 +4=312 +5=276 +8.5=147

all you can do is experiment with the use of food to manipulate the numbers. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

10. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Eeyore AMPS=405 +4=312 +5=276 +8.5=147 +11=100

How's he doing with his weight? Is he starting to fill out at all - or maybe that doesn't happen until he's regulated?

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Eeyore is looking good today. So great to hear how well he is getting along with the rest of the gang. Stu (also a high bouncer) says HI. Perhaps we should start a "Spaldeen" club?

Ella & Stu

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I would definitely call that a low 300 point descent!!

13. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

WOW!!! So is this the mini-meal effect?????

14. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/3 Eeyore AMPS=405 +4=312 +5=276 +8.5=147 +11=100 PMPS=188

Traci, he's gaining weight! I feel more "padding" when I pet him, and his spine doesn't upset me anymore when I stroke it. I can still feel all his ribs and vertebrae, but not to the extent I was. I'd say he's probably put on a pound or pound and a half...

Ella, he does bounce. But it's so regular I can't really call it bouncing, you know? Just "normal" for him. Although, today, he is only at 188 at PMPS, so hopefully he'll be a happy boy all night long...

Sienne, it's a slow drop - which is really cool. He usually drops out in the first 4-5 hours, and then spikes up...but today, it seems that he just kept dropping until +11...and only popped to 188. Now, he still may go higher if this is a rebound, but if it's just the insulin wearing off, then I should see low 200s or less at +2...will see what happens tonight.

Amy, it just might be the mini-meals...I'll try it again tomorrow, and see if we can't maintain/repeat it. If so...then I think I'll have to think of how to do this when I'm out of the house...with 10, it's gonna be a challenge...

Overall, for being here 3 weeks, he's doing really exceptionally well. I'm so excited about his progress, and more and more in love with him every day.

Best-
    Michele

15. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Eeyore AMPS=405 +4=312 +5=276 +8.5=147 +11=100 PMPS=188

Nice PMPS Eeyore. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.