4/3 Skippy AMPS 134 update & dosing advise

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by skippy and birten, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

[Hello LL;

It has been awhile on my posting of Skippy. Combination of things...Hope all the Felines are doing great and wishing everyone a new beginning for April along with a Happy Easter tomorrow.

Skippy was doing great with a several dose decreases in Jan-February all the way down to 1.00 but somehow a cominbination of 1) Oh my God I am having less Juice :twisted: 2) Bubble in the cartridge :oops: 3) Mama Bean freaking out and doing a million fur shots ohmygod_smile 4) I need your attention so I can not get off the juice yet :lol: has now brought him back up to 1.75.

I have been doing my own increases by following the Protocal and now we are up to 1.75. I see some blues and yellow but a few greens. His WCR is great- and all the P (not sure what all the 5 P's are) but the ones that I think - poo, pee, playful, is on target.

Now looking at is SS do you think we should jump to 2.00? Advise please....

I am heading to accountant now for that time of year TAX MAN and will be back to check in and read some condo's

Until then Have a Happy Caturday ;-)

2. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Can't suggest anything on dose, but dropped by to "bump" and say hi!

One of the p's is preen -- washing, keeping the coat nice and clean. I know for Miriam's Putty, we expect a P for Polite, but I'm not sure that's one of the official P's!

What did you mean about the bubble in the cartridge? Very curious.

3. melinda and talbot

melinda and talbot Member

Always so nice to see you and Skippy!

I had a whole box of cartridges that developed bubbles as I withdrew the insulin. I sent one in to the manufacturer and they sent me a refund for the cartridge but said the insulin was fine. It didn't seem to affect his numbers at all but I'm never too sure what is going on with his numbers anyway. :D

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

"Now looking at is SS do you think we should jump to 2.00? Advise please...."

whether to increase or not is a tough call with that one green 92 at this dose. it's not clear if some lows have been missed or if more insulin is needed. i'd probably increase the dose while testing as often as possible to find those lows...

5. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Skippy, you are a smart kitty! I'd like to say that what you said is not true, but unfortunately it is...if you go off insulin you won't get as much attention. However, you don't need to be dramatic or anything. :mrgreen:

6. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

It's nice to see a Skippy update.

(I remember when you first started posting, I thought Skippy was the bean!)

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease! It's good to see you, Birten and Skippy.

Attached Files:

8. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Re: 4/3 Skippy Pmps 256

Thanks all for your advice and so nice for dropping by my condo Jill- I hope Alex is doing better!

I think ladies I will do a 2 tomorrow morning since I will be home to check all day.

It was a beautiful day in the northeast !

9. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

It's so nice to see you again! I hope Skippy works his way down the dosecease ladder again soon!

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the dosecrease. Stop by more often Birten!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.