4/3 Smokey gum day #5 AMBG 95 +3:45 73 +8 82 PMBG 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melanie and Smokey, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10894

Up a touch, but still lookin good. :mrgreen:

She was howling for food for quite a while this morning so maybe she stressed herself out, silly kitty. Someone else must have got all the food out of the feeder. She wasn't interested in her midnight snack, just wanted to play.

I am testing mixing in some of the higher 8-10 carb foods after seeing some of the discussions on the low protein, too high of fat in many of the lower carbed ones. For some reason those little bit higher carbed ones have the higher protein too. I want to see if these foods make a difference in her while I am still testing frequently.

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Smokey gum day #5 AMBG 95

Great looking day for Smokey.
    Yay for day 5.
    Curious about your experiment.
    What are you mixing together? Max only eats the FF
    which I think are around 4% carbs and boy we really do have
    to get his weight down soon.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Re: 4/3 Smokey gum day #5 AMBG 95

The Chunky, Roasted and Flaked FF are higher proteins but are usually up in the 8-10% on Binkys charts.
    For the most part, I have tried to keep to the 5% and below, but noticed almost all of them are lower proteins except some of the seafood and mine are turning their nose up to anything fishy right now.
    Last night I picked up a box of the Friskies pouches that all run 9-11%, but have great protein counts (and gravy!, my girls love gravy).
    Now that we seem to have some of the other things under control, time to tweek the food content. I am trying to use a 0-4% mixed with the 8-11% (since I open 2 cans at a time usually) to see if I can get a better protein, less fat mix without giving her too much carb content. This morning I kept them lower since she was reading higher.
    Our girls were on hairball LIGHT for the last 10 years for a reason and I don't want to give them excessive fat if I can avoid it.

It is funny. I spend so much time analyzing, balancing their food. Then I went through the freezer aisle and loaded a cart full of frozen meals for us 'cause I don't have time to cook. :lol:

4. Melanie and Smokey

Re: 4/3 Smokey gum day #5 AMBG 95 +3:45 73

Doing a few spot checks to see how we are doing after food, and she's showing great reaction after food :mrgreen:

Gave them a package of the Friskies with gravy that is on the list at a 9% and they all adore it. We'll see where that takes us tonite.

5. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Smokey looks grrrreat!!

I'll follow your food experiments with great interest. Kitty is at .35 and getting a dosecrease to maybe .25 tonight. We had fed FF, but he doesn't like the new-label versions, so we want to transition to a new food.

You might consider the Merrick Cowboy Cookout. I'll be trying that this weekend, since the higher fat in Wellness made Kitty barf.

We try not to feed the seafood, because I understand they shouldn't get seafood more than once per week -- mercury issues, I think.

Enjoy your gum!!!!! :mrgreen:

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Happy Day 5 Smokey! I was terrified to play with Spot's food when he was on his gum trial, lol...but I did try the authority brand, which all the kitties likes, but I noticed that Spot's numbers were a little higher. I find that the By Nature Organics are working well for him. I heard that cowboy cookout was pretty good....I mean, that the kitties like it, so if i see it, I may try it.

Gooooo Smokey.......almost half way there!!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

happy day 5 otj...
    smokey's looking good! :mrgreen:

8. Melanie and Smokey

I've heard good things about Cowboy cookout, but have yet to find it locally. I will need to do some investigating after tax season is over because the old label FF I have in stock won't last forever.

Deb - I can totally understand about not wanting to mess up the trial nailbite_smile I drive my husband nuts because I am kind of going from both ends of the spectrum of don't-do-anything-to-mess-up-the-trial-numbers to we-have-to-see-how-she-reacts-to-this-now-so-we-know-when-we-aren't-testing.

9. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Smokey))) :thumbup Happy Day 5 to you!! Looking no less than the very best!!
    Good luck, Melaine with the food experimentation - you are soooooo brave to be doing it while on gum ;-)
    Cheering you both on & wishing you a fabulous weekend!

10. Melanie and Smokey

Little higher day but still good numbers and a great one between.

We'll go back to not + testing if BG is green, just wanted to get a glimpse into where she went from the food.

On to day 6 with :mrgreen: thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.