4/4 Baby PMPS 84 +6 65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Happy Easter, Lantus Land o:)

Yesterday

WCR Baby has eaten her breakfast & stayed in the same spot sleeping all night, she is now looking out the window into the darkness, very early still. All 5 Ps are not in place yet - but I have no doubt they will be - we (thankfully) are not having any known issues there. If this is Baby's bounce -- I will take it :thumbup

I am staying up though, because I am going to the sunrise Easter Service at church this morning.

:?: I understand shooting +11 can create an overlap, however the late shots (1) at +14 & (1) at +13.30 dont negate that? Trying to get my mind around what happens here - if late shots are taken with the body thinking there is a decrease & early shots are taken with the body thinking there is an increase - doing both (when I screwed up Baby's schedule by oversleeping) doesn't even out in the end?

Wishing everyone a Blessed, Beautiful Day!!

o:) B
    o:) A
    o:) B
    o:) Y

2. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Baby AMPS 181 Question

Nicole,

Glad Baby is happy and doing well. Happy Easter to you too, and enjoy your day.

jan and sara

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning! I am not sure how the late/early shot thing works but whatever you did worked for Baby! Hope you have a nice Easter also!!!

4. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Do 2 wrongs make a right? :lol:

Well.....It all has to do with the shed so instead of thinking in terms of decrease/increase, think about a reserve tank. When you give a shot and the tank is empty the insulin goes in the tank first and then some of it used (from the tank) to "drive" the BG. The next shot first refills the tank and whatever is left over does the driving. If the dose is 1U and 3/4 of that is being used then 1/4 is refilling the tank every 12 hours. Now you shoot 1 hour later so during the 13 hours between shots the .75U (which was for 12 hours) is used up and then some of the spare tank was used for the extra hour. Now you shoot 1U but your tank is less full so now 1/2 of the insulin you inject is going into the tank, so the availble insulin for the 12 hours is only .5U (a reduction) let's say after 11 hours you need to shoot (1 hour early) you have used up the .5U (the reduced amount based on a late shot) and have perhaps dipped into the tank as well but havent made it empty so there is maybe 37$th left in there (which would be .75U) so you shoot your 1U and right off .25U goes into the tank (to fill it up). Theoretically it does "level out" but in reality it is much more complex and unpredictable. We try not to get into such situations, but sometimes it is unavoidable and you make the best of it. Whatever works for you and Baby is the best solution, just try to keep your schedule as consistant as possible and when you make changes attempt to use the smallest steps you can (if it has to be 1hour then C'est la Vie) but 30 minutes would be better if it's possible KWIM?

Very nice AMPS for Baby anyway (especially if this is a bounce) :mrgreen:

5. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Just want to pop in and wish you a Happy Easter :mrgreen:

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

happy Easter Nicole and Baby! Glad Monique was here this morning! :mrgreen:

7. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/4 Baby AMPS 181 +4 107

Baby is dropping nicely :thumbup
    Thank you everyone for encouraging us & supporing us too!

(((Monique))) thank you for educating me & answering my question -- you have a unique way of explaining things & it always makes sense, are you in Education as a profession :D

8. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

What a lovely drop Baby!

Happy Easter!

9. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Happy Easter Nicole and Baby! Nice numbers today Baby! :)

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

the late shots probably did affect things somewhat, she probably would have dropped even more if you had not had those delays in there too. Of course that's just an educated guess. Anyway, Baby is still looking really good, 107 is a nice +4.

11. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Happy Easter! Nice drop in number Baby, that your Easter present to mama?

12. Nicole & Baby

Good point Libby...

Ann..... Baby LOVES the Easter Bunny picture!!

13. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Baby AMPS 181 +8 110

such pretty numbers for a pretty kitty! You guys are doing so great .. mocha hopes the Easter bunny was good to you guys and wishes you all a Happy Easter!

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Baby AMPS 181 +8 110

Happy Easter Nicole, Baby and Sadie
    I hope you are enjoying the day.
    Baby is looking very very nicely today.
    Do you think she should get an Easter Bonnet for such beautiful numbers? :D

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/4 Baby PMPS 84

Baby did bring you an Easter present!!

(I believe that Monique is an MD.)

16. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/4 Baby PMPS 84

Baby's +2 is the same as her +12 :mrgreen:

17. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/4 Baby PMPS 84 +2 84 Question for Jill or Libby

It looks like shooting Baby at +11 is what she needs, should I continue? Yesterdy & Today were +12 shots.. but shooting her +11 the few days before that got her Baby body into action.

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

b-b-b-but... there are some late shots you have to take into consideration, too.
    shooting early is an effective tool, but it's not one you want to us all the time. some of us (who shall remain nameless :oops: ) have learned the hard way that when you string too many early shots together it can really come back to bite you. personally, i would not recommend shooting an 11/11 schedule on a regular basis...

19. Nicole & Baby

:YMSIGH: somehow I had a feeling this would be the advice ;-) I get a little anxious -- especially since I never knew that technique until the past few days.. so naturally anything new I want to try :lol:

We will stick to 12/12 & trust those that know more & have experience.. nameless of course ;-)

20. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Baby PMPS 84 +2 84

~Happy Easter Nicole & Baby~

What a wonderful day she has had; sure to make you proud. Can you hear Mr P healing? We will take as much as we can right?
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

21. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

lol! save the technique for when you need it the most. it's an option, but like most everything else... too much of a good thing ends up being bad for you. :D

22. Nicole & Baby

Re: 4/4 Baby PMPS 84 +4 52

I hope this is as low as Baby goes tonight - I have to work tomorrow & dont want to keep testing her ears too much :mrgreen:

23. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Baby PMPS 84 +2 84

HAPPY EASTER NICOLE & BABY- HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
    Glad to see your pm nice green number--Yes, the consistancy thing always comes up with this FD,..But once you've got it, it works--
    Sometimes, it cant be helped, but you are doing everything for Baby!! You're both doing great--HUGS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.