GA 4/4 CRYSTAL - flying free

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by suki & crystal (GA), Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

My beloved Crystal will finally give up her daily struggle with acromegaly this afternoon and gain her angel wings. She is my soulmate and it is so hard to let her go but we can't fight this battle anymore. This is the hardest decision I have ever had to make, I have cried so many tears over the last few weeks watching her deteriorate as this horrible disease takes over my beautiful girl. I vowed when she was diagnosed with acro, that I wouldn't let her suffer and I will keep my promise to her, even though it breaks my heart. I have been blessed to have her love for nearly 11 years.

Please pray for a peaceful crossing for her as she goes to join all our beloved kitties at the rainbow bridge, where she will be whole and happy again.

Fly free little one, you touched my heart like no other.

[​IMG][

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you and Crystal, Suki. It is the final act of love for our little ones. I know the pain, I understand the grief. It's a terrible disease. You have done everything possible to take care of your sweet girl.

Holding you close in thoughts and prayers today.

3. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I'm so sorry that it's time to let her go, thinking of you and crying with you. I wish I could give her a kiss goodbye, she is just so beautiful.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear it's time for Crystal to leave you, Suki :bighug::bighug::bighug:

It's always the worst decision we have to make, but always the most loving one.

Fly free sweet Crystal and land softly.....there are many friends to greet you at the Bridge to keep you company until the one you love most comes to be with you forever
    you always said I was your angel...now it's time to get my wings.jpg

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Oh Suki, my heart hurts for you. You are such an amazing bean and Crystal knows this. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Fly free sweet girl....you are truly and angel. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I've been thinking and praying for of you and beautiful Crystal since we chatted last night. You are giving her that one final most difficult gift of all. Cherish your memories as I know you will. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Suki, my heart breaks for you and your precious girl. And for all of us who have grown to love her. Sail on sunbeams beautiful girl, rest gently among the clouds, and let your most amazing mama know that you will be with her always.

I'll hold you all close in my heart. Comfort and peace.

Marilyn

8. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((((Suki))))) (((((Crystal)))))) I'm sending you my absolute strongest vines and prayers for a peaceful crossing. Please know how much we have grown to love Crystal and we wish only for her to be free of any pain or suffering. You provided her with the best life any kitty could have wanted...I admire you so much for all strength and courage you and and Crystal have had to fight through ---this da&%!ed Acro. I'm so sorry this time has come and am crying so hard right now but please, please know you are in my heart thoughts and prayers!! Love and hugs!!!

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

(((Suki)))) you and Crystal are in my thoughts and prayers.

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Suki))) you already know what's in my heart for you and Crystal. I will be sending prayers, love, peace, and lighting a candle for her to find her way to light and health once again. She is so beautiful.

image.jpg

Gentle journey, Crystal. You are so loved by your mommy and daddy and all of us.

11. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Fly sweetly,long and land softly sweet crystal you will be missed

Norse Legend of the Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((Suki))))))))
    (((((((((Crystal ))))))) such a beautiful photo of a brave and courageous little girl.
    I know this is the hardest of days for you........ you are giving her the final act of love.
    I pray Crystal has a peaceful crossing to the rainbow bridge where she will no doubt be met by many old friends.
    I hope you can gain some comfort in knowing there are many of us from all over the world holding you both close and crying with you.

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Suki}}}

I knew this day was coming, but my heart is breaking as I try to see through my tears to type. You have been such an incredible bean, managing Suki's FD and Acro with all the obstacles that have been thrown in your path. You have given her the best possible QOL, and now, when you know there is no more you can do, you are giving her the ultimate gift. I know what this costs you. Please imagine all of us, holding your hand as you help Crystal cross. We are there with you in spirit. In the days to come, you may need to talk, or not. We are here for you. Please lean on us.

Sending you our love and prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Crystal, and land softly.

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Suki and John))) I am so sorry it is beautiful Crystal's time. I know how hard it's been for you, dealing with this disease. You have done everything and more for Crystal, including this last final difficult decision. My heart cries for you. :bighug::bighug: Sending prayers for a gentle and peaceful crossing for your sweet girl as she earns her angel wings.

[​IMG]

15. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Dearest Suki n Crystal, we knew this day would come, yet it doesnt seem to make it any easier. My heart is breaking for you as you n John sau good-bye (for now, at least) to your beloved girl. Know that prayers are being lifted up around the world for you, and feel the love of all your friends here encircling you.

16. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Suki,

I'm finding it so hard to type through tears, as that beautiful baby girl of yours has left her paw print on my heart. I think @Tricia & Cinco & Harvey said it best, to imagine all of us holding your hand as you help Crystal cross....

Sending prayers and love...:bighug:

:bighug::bighug:

Dawn & Peek-a-Boo

17. Grayson & Lu

May your heart be filled with love and peace, as Crystal's journey moves to the next phase. Give her a big hug from Auntie Lu.

suki & crystal (GA) likes this.
  18. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

I'm so very sorry, Suki. I am thinking of both you and Crystal today :bighug: :bighug:

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free sweet Crystal. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

(((Suki))) I am so saddened to hear that Crystal has to cross the bridge. You have done everything possible to give her time and comfort through this terrible disease and now you are giving the greatest act of love in letting her be free. Sending prayers and strength at this most difficult time.

:bighug: :bighug::bighug: :bighug:

21. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Suki))) I am so sorry that it is time for Crystal to cross to the Rainbow Bridge. Know that she knows how much you love her. My heart goes out to you. Prayers for a peaceful crossing.

22. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and Crystal today as you go through this challenging act of love!

23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Suki))))

My heart aches along with yours. Making the right decision is often the hardest decision. It is also the only decision possible when you make a promise to not let your kitty endure any more suffering. You are keeping your promise.

A long time ago, another member here passed along this fable of why we choose tears. I hope it brings you some comfort.

Fly free Crystal and land softly. There are many of our kitties waiting for you at the Bridge to keep you safe and happy until you are reunited with the one you love best.

24. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry:bighug::bighug::bighug:Fly free sweet Crystalcat_wings>o

25. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Suki, Just know you are not crying alone. My heart is breaking. I Kept praying that something could be done. I know Crystal will leave a hole in many hearts. Take comfort that you and DH did all you could to help her. Fly free Sweet Crystal R. I. P cat_wings>o You will be missed.

Sending hugs and prayers to you and DH.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  26. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Our hearts and prayers are with you, Suki and Crystal :bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Dearest Suki, so very sorry for the very difficult decision you have to make. It is the final act of love you are giving you sweet Crystal. Hugs and comfort of peace be with you.

28. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Suki I'm so sorry to read this. A million hugs to you and Crystal :bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. suki & crystal (GA)

Dear friends,
    Tears are flowing as I read your prayers and poems for my beautiful girl :bighug: My heartfelt thanks to you all for holding us close in your hearts. I am overwhelmed, yet again, by your love for Crystal.

We will be leaving home in just over an hour, I have given Crystal a tranquilizer in her last dish of prawns to help with the journey, she is calm. I'm sure she knows it's her time, and she is ready. We spent some time outside in the sunshine this morning and she slowly followed me as we visited all her favorite spots. She kept crying for me if I was out of sight, so I haven't left her side apart from now. I've said my goodbyes in case she is sleeping later. John and I are totally devastated but your prayers and love will help us as Crystal starts her new journey.

30. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

31. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

32. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Suki, I am so sorry. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Fly free sweet Crystal.

33. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry Suki. My heart just breaks for you. May you find strength and peace knowing that she will no longer be suffering :bighug::bighug::bighug:

34. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Crying as I read all the lovely tributes and want to add mine. You are the best kitty mama that Crystal ever could have had. You are giving her the last gift. We will all be with you and sharing some of the pain. Try to remember the good times and know that you are doing the right thing.

RIP Crystalcat_wings>ocat_wings>o

35. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Wishing you strength and peace on this awful day, and a graceful and pain-free release for Crystal
    :bighug::bighug:

36. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. Sending prayers of love and light for Crystal as she begins her journey to her new life at the Rainbow Bridge, and prayers of peace and strength for her Mama Bean.

Fly free, beloved Crystal cat_wings>o

37. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Suki. The right things are sometimes the hardest. I hope you can all find some peace this afternoon. Crystal knew she was and is loved.

38. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Suki, I'm SO sorry it's Crystal's time but what a life of love you have shared together. Thank you for sharing her with us too. BIG HUGE loooooong hug - always remember, she's not 'gone', you just have to hug her differently.

Soar high on your new angel wings beautiful girl....landing softly back in Mama's broken heart....

More hugs and prayers Suki,

39. tiffmaxee

:bighug::bighug::bighug: My heart breaks for you as tge tears flow. Your love for each other as she follows your around lets me know she is accepting that one last gift we never want to give. You are so brave.

40. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Suki and John)))),
    Your beautiful, brave Crystal is about to begin her journey. She was blessed to have shared her life with you--to have been so loved. We know that her crossing will be peaceful and that at the Rainbow Bridge all the GAs will welcome her and keep her safe until that wonderful day when you will meet again.
    Fly free, dear Crystal. You are much loved,

In deepest sympathy,

Ella, Edward, Rusty, and Stu(GA)

41. Gill & George

I am so glad that you got to walk in the sunshine with her today, know that the sun will always be shining for her now.
    I am so very sorry Suki, my heart breaks for you and John.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free sweet Crystal:rb_icon:

42. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope that Crystal sends you and John a sign that she has made her journey safely, graced with peace, and lets you know she is now waiting among friends.

Someone posted this on Facebook the day after Gabby crossed. I added it to my signature: "Cats never completely leave you. They side step time, shrug off death - come at the call of memory their beauty undiminished, their touch as gentle, their love perpetual."

43. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Suki and John,

Please know each and everyone of us is with you as you bestow this final act of love for Crystal.

Be free and at peace little one.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

44. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

45. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

They are so wise. Even in their parting they have so much to teach us.

And God asked the feline spirit “Are you ready to come home?”

“Oh, yes, quite so”, replied the precious soul.
    “And as a cat, you know I am most able to decide anything for myself.”

“Are you coming then?” asked God
    “Soon”, replied the whiskered angel.
    “But I must come slowly
    My human friends are troubled
    For you see, they need me, quite certainly.”

“But don’t they understand?” asked God –
    “That you’ll never leave them?”
    “That your souls are intertwined, for all eternity,
    That nothing is created or destroyed,
    It just is . . . forever and ever and ever?”

“Eventually they will understand” replied the cat
    “For I will “Whisper” in her heart – that I am always with her.
    I just am . . . forever and ever and ever!

– Unknown

Healing light for your broken hearts.

Marilyn

46. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry! My thoughts are with you on this difficult day. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

47. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry that it was Crystal's time to leave. Thinking of you, I know how hard it is.
    Liz

48. Marje and Gracie

Dearest Suki and John

I woke up early this morning, laid there listening to the birds singing, and did the time change math in my head thinking that you were probably helping Crystal transition to her new life of health perhaps around that time. I prayed again that my precious baby girl would be waiting there to guide Crystal and my tears flowed as I thought of you and John and your pain in letting her go but your strong and forever love in setting her free.

Please know you no longer have to be strong....you can feel all that you need to feel and we will all be here for you.

Sweet Crystal....you taught us all so much and that is your gift along with having such great humans who will love you forever and ever. Please show them a sign that you are dancing in the stars.

49. suki & crystal (GA)

Crystal passed peacefully at 4.00 pm this afternoon, held in my arms, until she rested her head on my shoulders and went to sleep. I had time to love and stroke her before and she was at peace, I told her of all her extended LL&L family's messages of love and which kitties to look for at the Bridge to help her adjust to her new life. Our vet was very kind and I could see she was upset as well, she said she would have done the same thing so I have no regrets, only that we didn't have more time together. We are having her cremated and will get her ashes in about 2 weeks' time. I am so happy that we had some special time together this morning in the spring sunshine, she sat and took it all in as if she knew ........ it just doesn't seem real, there is a terrible hole in my heart that I don't think will ever heal. I've never seen John so upset but he couldn't face being there at the end, he said his goodbyes before we left.

Today I wore my beautiful crystal heart pendant, which Crystal was named after because it was the very first thing she reached out to as I held her close all those years ago when we found her as an abandoned three week old kitten. Every time I wear it I always think of Crystal, now it will be even more poignant.

I can't begin to thank you all for your messages, and especially the poems, they have been a great comfort to me. I intend to make a memory box for her in a few weeks, and will print off and keep all your kind words. The vet cut a lock of her fur for me so that will go in her special box too.

I never envisaged that we would get this far but it is all down to the invaluable advice and support of the wise acrokitty mums, my special "Team Crystal" who guided us through our journey. There are many other special friends we made along the way who listened, supported, cheered her on every time she had a small victory and rejoiced when she became FD regulated. Together we managed to give Crystal an extra 18 months, for which I am eternally grateful. But most of all I just want to thank each and every one of you for just loving Crystal as your own - she was a very special girl who fought bravely with never a murmur, always loving, always trusting to the very end.

I can no longer
    See you with my eyes
    Touch you with my hands
    But I will feel you in my
    heart
    Forever

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  50. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

I'm so very very sorry for your loss Suki. I am still quite new here so wasn't very familiar with Crystals journey but she was clearly so loved and so glad she had such a lovely last morning with you. RIP little Crystal. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

51. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Suki, I am so sorry ... I have not been on the forum long enough to have shared your journey but I do know and can feel how deep your love is for your precious girl ... my heart hurts for you. You and Crystal will be in my thoughts and sending tons of peace and love.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

52. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way....I am so very sorry for your loss..... Sweet Suki, be sure to send momma a sign so she knows you made it to the Rainbow Bridge alright.....

53. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Crystal, and land softly. :rb_icon:

54. Marje and Gracie

(((Suki and John)))

How lovely that you wore your crystal necklace....how fitting and beautiful.

Fly free, Crystal.

55. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

Suki

I am so sorry. Sweet Crustal fly free and land safely in the kitty haven surrounded by everlasting love and piece. You will be missed.

56. tiffmaxee

:bighug::bighug::bighug:You words and love for Crystal gave touched me deeply. Crystal is free now. Always in our LL hearts.

57. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Suki, like Marje I was in bed thinking of you and Crystal this morning. At the time you would have been holding Crystal in your arms at the vet, Neko began the most awful wailing. It was too early for breakfast. She just wanted some comforting. I believe that somehow our kitties are connected and Neko was acknowledging the passing of another much beloved acrokitty. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I am glad you had your walk in the sunny garden with Crystal this morning, and she had a prawn breakfast. That's a wonderful memory for both of you. The next time you walk in the garden and feel a gentle breeze on your face or see a butterfly dance, that may be Crystal's way of thanking you for that last day and a lifetime of loving care. As others have said, our kitties never really leave us, they just touch us in different ways.

Fly free gentle Crystal. I will look to the sky tonight to see the new crystal bright star twinkling in the heavens and know that you made it to the Bridge where you can watch over your wonderful mommabean and poppabean.

58. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Suki and John :bighug::bighug::bighug:......you have been the most amazing bean Suki, and John has been wonderful the way he has supported you and Crystal through this journey. What a lucky little girl to have found you at 3 weeks of age, and she has given you a lifetime of love and devotion.
    Between you and Crystal, you have both left a wonderful legacy on how to manage very high dose acro kitties. Your courage in giving those high doses never failed to amaze me and Crystal's courage in battling the disease was something to see.
    I was awake late last night here in Aus during the time of the vet visit and thinking of you both and praying for a peaceful crossing for dear Crystal. She would have been very content in your arms.
    She will forever be in your hearts.
    Fly free beautiful Crystal, you will never be forgotten.cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

59. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Suki and John)))))
    I am so very sorry. Crystal will always be your special girl. I love that she had some time in the sunshine and ate some prawns. Sending you love and light during this difficult time.

Fly free, Sweet Crystal, and land softly.
    :rb_icon:

60. Cara and Wynken (GA)

Cara and Wynken (GA) Member

I am crying reading about the loss of your precious precious girl. There are no words... Just know that we understand and share the grief on this day.
    I am thinking of you and sending warm thoughts of peace during this terribly difficult time. :bighug:

61. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Crystal passed in the best possible way, and I love that you can have her close to your heart with her namesake necklace - just beautiful :bighug:

62. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Lots of Big Tears shed for our Crystal.
    I'm glad you have the necklace, too.
    Fly Free Beautiful Girl.
    You are much loved.
    I will light a candle for Crystal.
    [​IMG]

63. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Suki,

I had a tough time reading on this board today...I can only imagine your struggle. I did however, light a candle tonight for Crystal. Warm hugs and prayers of peace tonight as your girl is free from all pain. (((Suki))) (((John))) and (((Crystal)))
    image.jpg
    Dawn

suki & crystal (GA) and sarahtee like this.
  64. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

It's probably around 2 a.m. there....9 p.m. here. Hope you both can get a bit of rest tonight. :bighug::bighug:

65. Vyktors Mum

Such a beautiful and peaceful passing for your most beautiful and special girl. Crystal could not have been more loved and cherished. Our tears will carry her gently to the bridge.

((((((Suki John))))))

66. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Crystal.
    {{hugs}}

67. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Crystal. Even knowing it was time to let them go doesn't lessen the pain of the losing them much. May her memories bring comfort.

68. julie & punkin (ga)

Thank you for taking the time to tell us . . . I've been thinking of you all day today. How appropriate that you have the crystal necklace that fascinated your sweet girl when she was just a little kitten.

We share your grief, Suki. Love to you and John as you move ahead. We're here for you when you need us. One of our FDMB members shared this poem:

Grace Noll Crowell said it best:

To One in Sorrow

Let me come in where you are weeping, friend,
    And let me take your hand.
    I, who have known a sorrow such as yours,
    Can understand.
    Let me come in - I would be very still
    Beside you in your grief.
    I would not bid you cease your weeping, friend,
    Tears bring relief.
    Let me come in - I would only breathe a prayer,
    And hold your hand,
    For I have known a sorrow such as yours,
    And understand.

69. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Oh Suki...I am so sorry. This breaks my heart. Know that you will always have an angel watching over you! Many hugs and vines to you.

70. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

((((((Suki and John)))) I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Crystal. ... I know it feels unreal- like a nightmare that you can't wake up from when your heart gets shattered like this.... I wish there was a way to take the pain of your broken heart away, but time is the only thing I know of that helps heal it :( Sending you love and hugs

Fly Free Sweet Crystal - you were so loved
    heartcandle.jpg

71. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you Suki and John on the loss of your beloved Crystal. May precious memories sustain you at this most difficult time. Healing prayers and hugs for both of you. :bighug::bighug:

72. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Suki. I wish I had checked in yesterday. I am so sorry for your loss! You fought so hard with Crystal. Fly free sweet girl! Check in on your beans every now and then. (((Suki and John)))

73. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((Suki)))))))))
    I am so sorry. I had that same promise to fulfill.
    Praying for your grieving heart. She will forever feel your love.
    Fly Free Crystal.
    [​IMG]

74. Grayson & Lu

sailboat.jpg

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
    spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
    for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
    I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
    of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.
    Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."
    Gone where?
    Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
    hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
    And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
    Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.
    And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
    there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
    ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"
    And that is dying...

75. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Suki. That decision is always so hard... I know you made the right one, as does Crystal. She thanks you for it. Fly free little one, land softly at the bridge. :rb_icon:

76. suki & crystal (GA)

It's now 24 hours since Crystal left us. I feel totally bereft of her presence and the realisation that I will never see her beautiful face again, or stroke her soft fur, or feel her lick my hand with kitty kisses leaves a huge void in my heart. I thought I had put all her things away but of course there was her empty bed staring at us on our return. And silly things, like finding a stray test strip, open the flood of tears. I pray she is starting her new life at the Bridge happy and well and sitting in the sunshine she so enjoyed with all our other dearly loved GA's.

@Grayson & Lu , thank you Lu-Ann for sharing such a beautiful poem with me, it gives me hope :bighug: and also to @Sienne and Gabby (GA) , @Tuxedo Mom @pollydoodle and @julie & punkin (ga) for the other wonderful heartfelt poems you posted and to everyone who cared, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued prayers and messages of love and support, they help more than you know.

77. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Suki)))),
    Those seemingly silly things are Crystal's way of telling you that she is safely at the Bridge. I know that she will leave more signs for you in the days ahead. She loved you so much. And she is always there with you, in that special place in your heart.

Ella & Rusty

78. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

It's been about three yrs since I had to put down Piglet and I still find things that remind me of him. And sometimes...I hear him meow. Maybe it's my imagination but I like to think it's his way of telling me hello. Sending more hugs and vines to you...

79. Nancy and Scotty

Nancy and Scotty Member

So sorry for your loss.

80. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Suki, what Ella writes is true. While we were packing, I found a stray test strip or two. It's their way of saying, "I'm okay. Go on with your life. I'm well, playing and waiting until we meet again." (((Suki)))

81. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Suki,
    I am so sorry for your loss of beautiful Crystal.
    Sending prayers.
    Fly free, Crystal. cat_wings>o

82. julie & punkin (ga)

83. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

In the midst of your grief, thank you for touching base with us....continued prayers and comforting hugs to you and DH :bighug::bighug:.

Dawn

84. julie & punkin (ga)

That quote was in the hospice brochure when my dad was dying - it meant a lot to me. It's by Henry Van Dyke. Thanks for sharing it Lu-Ann.

85. Vyktors Mum

86. Gill & George

87. Grayson & Lu

Thank you @julie & punkin (ga) for the author. I have always loved that, and have always taken comfort in visualizing death like the sailboat disappearing in the distance. It gives me a great sense of tranquility, and affirms my faith.

88. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and DH.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

89. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

90. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{Oh no Suki!}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry I just saw this today. My heart breaks for you, I don't often cry but you and Crystal have been such a big part of my time spent here... I just don't even know what to say. I'm not very good with words in the first place. So many hugs and vines and purrs... I'm so sorry :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

91. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

(((((((Suki))))))
    1d474ae16da90ed3458343739b68c8a9.jpg

92. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Suki and John - What beautiful pet parents you were to Crystal! My heart is breaking for you. Hold tight to the beautiful memories you have of your sweet girl. May you be comforted. Love and Hugs, Kathe

93. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Oh Suki; My heart is broken for you. I haven't been on the board recently and missed this the other day. Struggling to hold back tears here at work... You were an incredible bean to lovely Crystal and she was so very fortunate to have you as her biggest champion. No words can ease the pain, but I hope good memories in time will bring peace. RIP sweet Crystal and know you were and are beloved by many. cat_wings>o:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Megan & Oren

94. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Suki)))

I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace and comfort in warm memories of Crystal. You were a wonderful bean to your precious little one.

My prayers go out to you.
    Shelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.