4/4 Do Lou amps 326 pmps487 +3 416 +4 393

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa and Do Lou (GA), Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

amps 326 Happy Easter LL well Do Lou is starting out his morning his lovely pink color he loves so well you all would have laughed at me trying to measure out the 3.75U :lol: :lol:
    I kept going bk and forth I know I wasted at least a unit since at first I was like that is 4 so then squirted too much out and to draw some more up and had the magnifying glass and trying to make sure it was 3.75 that .25 is so hard to measure at least IMO anyway hope he sees yellow today :coffee:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10946

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326

Hi! Hope you have a nice day, you do have the needles with the half unit markings correct? That makes it so much easier. As I have been going down the dosing scale I have had to get so many in between the lines shots. I do my best and try to be as consistent as possible. Right now we are at .5 so that is pretty easy! Happy Easter!!!

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326

Yes I have the half unit marks but to me its still had to figure that between the line thing :oops: it could just be a me thing :lol: Thats why when someone advised me to get the magnifying glass I did and I am so glad since after I think I have it right I look at it with this and it really helps hoping this dosecrease gets him to yellow

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 dosecrease today

Hi Lisa, You do know that if you gently twist the plunger it makes it easier when squirting out the excess insulin to get to that invisible mark!!?? I recently switched to Monoject syringes with the 1/2 unit markings. The rubber seal on the syringe is much skinnier and flatter than the syringes I had been using and it is easier to see a "between unit" marking. Good luck with the doscrease!

Ella & Stu

5. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 +3 343

+3 343

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 dosecrease today

Yes someone else told me the twist the plunger trick and so glad they did I do not think I could do this small increase without it I am using relion syringes only because its what we sell at the animal hospital where I work. They do have the half unit markings though.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I have a pair of really strong reading glasses form the dollar store that I use....leaves my both hands free...
    Oh, and you do make sure to push the plunger back and forth a few times to get the lubrication spread around inside the syringe right?
    It is a task especially in the mornings to see that dose! :lol:

Hope you have a beautiful Easter! :D

8. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Yeah maybe the reading glasses would be better the thought has crossed my mind aka today actually as I went bk and forth to try to get that 3.75 just right :oops: anyway and yes I do the back and forth in the beginning to lubricate I did not before learned that here in one of the threads actually :razz:

9. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 +3 343 +4 365

+4 365 my boy sure likes pink doesn't he does anyone think we are in chronic rebound??? I read about it but still do not fully understand it :oops: :oops:

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't think this is chronic rebound. You have mid-cycle checks and Do Lou isn't dropping to a blue or green that would cause a bounce back up. In fact, if you look at the Tight Regulation Protocol, they discuss the Somogyi effect:

I think this is a matter of not having reached Do Lou's optimal dose yet. Let's see what happens now that you increased her dose this morning. Remember, there may be some new dose wonkiness for a cycle or two.

11. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Happy Easter, Lisa and Do Lou!! Wishing you both a beautiful day! Yay!
    Do Lou.. why pink? Ya like it? We don't... :lol: Geez.. I have no doubt Do Lou is gonna come on down.. he is just kind of confused right now & going in the wrong direction.. come on back down Do Lou!!

12. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Lisa,

I am using the monoject syringes with 1/2 unit markings that Ella mentioned and they are easier than the relion on. The relion plunger sticks more [so loosing it back and forth is a must] and the plunger itself is much bigger and rounder where the monoject is flatter. So its easier to measure a dose. But if I had to go back to the relion I would'nt have a problem doing so. You can order the monoject from Hocks through this site.

You'll get more used to it the more you do it.

Happy Easter to you your furries.

jan and sara

13. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Well I am in need of syringes so I will just go ahead and get the monoject from Hocks if the measuring in small amounts is easier and yes the relion plunger sure does stick thanks for the syringe tip

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Ok thanks Sienne I have read about it but just really do not quite understand it bouncing is more when they dip and go bk up OK I understand more now he is just pink surfing thanks for clearing this up for me :oops: :oops:

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 +3 343 +4 365 +6 296

+6 296 finally a color not pink :D

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it will probably take a few cycles for this dose to show what it can do, unfortunately you just have to wait out the high numbers until we get to his good dose.

Measuring in-between doses is tricky, for sure.

17. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 +3 343 +4 365 +6 296 +7 331

+7 331

18. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Ok I keep telling myself this is a slow process

19. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 +3 343 +4 365 +7 331+9 354

Well he is 354 at +9 and just got off the phone from his vet with a report on how he is doing and his numbers he wants him up to a full 4U to see if we cannot get him to come down I am so tired of pink numbers :cry:

20. Nicole & Baby

I bet you are sick of pinks ohmygod_smile DO LOU!!!
    Not sure what to say about the dosing.. are you asking for advice, or just letting us all know? If you want advice, maybe put Dosing Question in your subject line? If not.. good luck with the dosecrease!!!

P.S. I LOVE Do Lou's name - it makes me smile.. how did you come up with the name?

21. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

No as for dose advice I will more then likely stay at 3.75 for a bit and then go up as needed I am sure he will be up to 4 but there is no hurry and yes I am so sick of pink as to how I came up with his name well we breed and show abys in CFA he was my very first kitten born to my cattery a miracle kitten to his mother since she only had one was overdue had a c section and he was thought to be dead per the xray which looked like a little pile of bones anyway he was not dead so not sure why I picked this name Red Ferne Judah Ben Hur I love the movie Ben Hur and you have the miracles in the movie anyway as time went I slur and talk silly to all my cats and his went from Judah to Dudah to Doodles to Do Lou yeah I am silly I know :lol: Red Ferne is my cattery name. I think I was just telling everyone what the vet said. He wants him out of pink since we have been in pink for such a long time and he does not do the .25 increase he has no idea I am even doing that we would end up arguing over it long story since I do work there but they are backwards when it comes to diabetic care

22. Nicole & Baby

Cute lil story about Do Lou.. I do that too.. Baby is my kitty on the board - but her sister is Sadi & I call her Louie.. I say.. Ewwe - E.. Louie & she will come to Louie but not Sadi :lol: :lol: :lol: she thinks her name is Louie & I guess it is ;-)

23. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

sorry to hear you guys surfed in stinkus pinkus land today lisa ... yes, this is a slow process but you guys will eventually be seeing nicer numbers ...

24. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 +7 331+9 354 pmps487

pmps :sad: :sad: 487

25. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 +3 343 pmps487

interesting, could be a high before a break.

26. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/4 Do Lou amps 326 pmps487 +3 416

+3 416 still scary red but down a bit

27. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Swear I just posted to you--Where did it go??-
    Saw the numbers today & looks like new dose wonkiness to me!! The high before the break, yeah, Libby is usually right!!--
    All of a sudden it just happens, so I hope it will be tomorrow for you!
    I have so many names for my two, they'd answer to anything!!--Come on sweet Do Lou, Please come down to be with Moonie!! HUGS!!!

28. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

I hope its just new dose weirdness I would like to see Do Lou drop some<sigh> HUGS back to Moonie :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

29. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

we are 15 min shy of +4 time and he was 393 getting ready to rest some before trying to get up for testing later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.