4/4 Faith amps 162, +7 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vegetable (GA), Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

Faith is recovering ftom pancreatitis & DKA. Her blpod sugar is finally coming down, wr got our first blue AMPS!!!

Now i sm not sure how much insulin to give. Her amps is 162, i cant stall with food cause she needs her antibiotics now. Skipping is not an option so i was thinking of halfing her dose & going with 1 unit & keeping a close eye on her today.

She just finished cerrenia & is on clavseptin for antibiotics for another week. She had +1.5 for ketones on 3/31 and was negative for ketones by amps on 4/1.

Any suggestions?

2. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

I shot 1 unit this morning & now she is down to 122. This has been the lowest she has ever been since she became part of my family!

Time for a snack so she can surf nicely today.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear Faith had pancreatitis and DKA. I'm glad she is doing better. Sorry no one got back to you about the dose. I hope she'll surf safely today. Sending prayers.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would go back to 2.0 units tonight. Actually, since you were able to monitor today and she had a recent DKA incident, I would have suggested 2.0 units this morning. Sorry no one got back to you in time. She's probably seeing a little action this morning because of the 2.0 unit depot. Often when you shoot a reduced dose, it just plays out like the regular dose due to the depot. With the reduced insulin today, I'd make sure you test for ketones.

5. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

So far she's surfing nicely. +2 122 then i fed her a snack, +3 130 and now she's sleeping.

I have to put her food bowl under her nose to get her to eat. She is still not eating allot of food but at least she is eating on her own & i don't have to syringe feed her.

The vet clinic only sent her home with 1 full tablet of cerennia which was enough for 2 days. I think I will call them back today & ask for more since the antibiotics seem to upset her tummy a bit.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Probiotics will also help. ABs are hard on the tummy flora. The Natural Factors Protec (1/2 capsule twice a day) are one common brand you should be able to find in local health food store.

7. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

Thanks Wendy!

Faith is surfing those nice blue numbers today :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.