4/4 Jasper AMPS 334 / +3 223 / +5 248 / +7 287

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Going to take a quick nap so I can watch him well today but I'm glad that amps isn't as high as it's been!

Hes' being such a good, patient, forgiving boy with all this poking, I'm so proud of him.

He's at about +3 , had food available the entire time, and just had some chicken and some regular food... and as he was walking away from his bowls his one leg kinda ...like lost strength? and both legs were shaky... I'm going to test him...he's never done that before even though he's had leg weakness with the weight loss...that had been getting better.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Bellasmom likes this.
  2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

They really are more resilient than we think. Great job!!

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  3. Jasper Blue and Jay

His legs are a bit wobbly right now... I'm not going to panic... I'm not going to panic...lol... but my legs get weak when my sugar gets very low...

can he be very low at only +3? I dont' want to keep testing so much... and he's had food available since his shot... and just ate some chicken and some regular food...

4. Lisa and little

Yes it is possible. Test him if you can

5. Jasper Blue and Jay

Thanks... just tested him...223... and a very annoyed cat as he was just settling down after eating and cleaning himself lol

But... his annoyance made him walk around giving me dirty looks lol and he decided to walk away from me and over to the window to look for birdies and chipmunks... and gave me lots of time to see how he was walking and it seemed normal.

6. Jasper Blue and Jay

I think I read this somewhere but can't remember now, so much to remember...lol... but is it possible they have some minor symptoms of low blood sugar even if they're not really low simply because they're body isn't used to it being that low?

7. Jasper Blue and Jay

crap... looking at his ss ... this is low for him for this time of day...and he's on pace like that day he hit 53...

I don't want to give him carbs he doesn't need...going to give more regular food...

He's going for it like hes very hungry but there were some little pieces left around his bowl he was ignoring so...

Ok he ate some like he was hungry but left a bunch behind and is cleaning himself on his condo again so I'm just going to watch him.

Also... I gave him the shot in rear flank area today.... I gotta read up on how/if different sites cause faster/slower nadir ... i thought I read that somewhere too...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  8. Jasper Blue and Jay

He's acting weird ...like back when we first started him on insulin....

Staring off into space like he's stoned or confused and looking at the wall like he's hallucinating...

But he's purring when I pet him and he just settled down and closed his eyes for a nap like he's totally fine and...223...so...lol... I'm not panicking. I'm totally not panicking. Yet. lol

9. Lisa and little

Don’t panic at all. Every day can be different. 223 is not even close to being worry some. Perhaps get a + 5 and see where he’s heading. He will only be mad for a minute :smuggrin:

10. Jasper Blue and Jay

Ok so... now that his dose is consistent... I'm paying attention to differences in nadir depending on WHERE I shoot...

Today I used his flank and he seemed to nadir much earlier.. not certain because I kept feeding him but... we always feed whenever they want except for 2 hours before amps/pmps.

I know the day of "the incident" lol I would have used the scruff because it took me a couple cycles to brave other locations, cause the vet demonstrated on scruff and shaved him a bit there.

So...I am trying to process this... maybe stick with scruff in the am and flank in the pm... so he doesn't nadir when we're sleeping...

11. Lisa and little

Absorption is definitely quicker depending on the site so I would stick with one so you can figure it out.