4/4 Latte AMPS-235, PMPS-186, +11.5~ 101, +11.75~82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10974

Last Night:
    (amps +11-55)
    pmps- 87 (pred cycle)
    +1-139
    +3-224
    +5-210
    +7-198
    amps-235

Well, I am so incredibly proud of my girl for giving me this ps number last night when I didnt have to run out the door and I could be home the following day (today) to see what happens after all her various factors clear (bounce, steroid, kibble) As I suspected and she always does on a pred cycle, she went up. Im just thrilled that she stayed UNDER 300!!!! :mrgreen: Only one problem with the lower ps and not going up so high, was that she didnt have a big drop around +5 or +6 to motivate food intake. It was very challenging to get her to eat anything. Three different types of wet with various treats, and two types of kibble was hardly enticing enough. :YMSIGH: She kept looking at it like she knew she should and does eat around that time, but would walk away. She eventually ate a small bit of kibble @ +7 and does not appear to have eaten any more after that.

She seems happy this a.m., so far. She ate 1/2 her food spiked with karo w/in first 45 min (STILL a 65pt drop with the karo...grrrr...even added a few extra drops this a.m.). I look forward to seeing what today brings. Anything goes, i guess.

Looks to be a nice day starting out here. Hopefully she will want to spend some time outside. She is excited about the egg hunt later today! :lol: She wants to find all the eggs she decorated the other night (btw Pat..your report of how that went had me in tears, laughing so hard).

As for me - first priority is sleep...only 4hrs last night.

For those celebrating Easter....Happy Easter!
    For others....enjoy a great day!!!

ETA: A big thanks to Jill for sticking around to celebrate our victory @ ps time.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Latte AMPS-235, +1-170

Enjoy your sleepus kiddo! Latte is looking great and I am sure we will all have a great egg hunt. first time for everything, right?
    Of course, none of the kitties have grown THUMBS since Friday night so it is going to be a hoot to watch them trying to get the eggs into their baskets ~~don't you think? None of them can pick up the eggs with their mouths....this is going to be interesting to say the least!!! :lol:

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Easter Latte :mrgreen:

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Latte, you're looking great this morning! I'll see you at the egg roll. I'm going to cook an Easter egg casserole and I hope you, especially, will enjoy eating it. See you later!

Stu

Hi Carolyn, Get some needed sleep and enjoy your day. We'll send a virtual canoe over to you!

Ella

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Some great numbers for Latte last night and this AM. Please let Latte know that many of us are proud of her.

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

just wanted to pop in to see how things went...
    looks like everything went very well except for having to entice her to eat.
    am so happy she gave you this opportunity last night! :D

7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Happy Easter, Carolyn. Great data gathering last night!

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Latte AMPS-235, +1-170, +2-127

Great to see Latte's numbers Carolyn.

Max is really looking forward to seeing her at the egg hunt later.
    he asked me if he could bring an umbrella in case it gets to warm and he needs
    to find some shade for Latte. He wants her to have fun but not get too hot.
    I don't know how he will open it though. I guess we better go work on that now.

Have a great and relaaxing day. You deserve it.

9. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/4 Latte AMPS-235, +3-100

Aside from the drop to +1, this is a mellow ride down for Latte. She has been snacking on her karo spiked bfast between tests.

I think I wont be napping until I see her surfing a comfortable number.

She did go outside and saw the easter bunny hopping around! :lol:

10. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Beautiful numbers for Latte! You deserve your sleepus ♥
    Whatever you guys do today, enjoy the aftermath of a great night :D

Happy Easter, Carolyn & Latte :razz:

Hugs~
    Caryl, Alex & Jackson

11. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect day for Latte so far!

Hope you are able to get some rest today...no worries about Latte...Six saw her post on youtube some egg rolling techniques to share with the kitties before they arrive at Shadow and Raja's. She's good. Must have been practicing while you were at work this week.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

looks like Latte is having another great day. :smile:

13. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/4 Latte AMPS-235, PMPS-186 (Pred dose unknown!!)

AMPS-235 (4 drops karo in food)
    +1-170
    +2-127 (finished 3/4 can wellness)
    +3-100
    +4-110
    +6-115
    +8-124 (kibble snack)
    +9- 131
    +11- 155
    PMPS-186

I screwed up her great day (everything about it WAS great)! :cry:
    Her prednisolone is in a compounded treat form. Sometimes it takes a while for her to eat it, often wrapped in another treat. I have to break it into 3 pieces so they are smaller. Only once before have I had to put it in her mouth. It sucked, but it worked. After 10 minutes she only got one piece in her ,and was obviously giving up on the rest. I tried putting it in her mouth....she VOMITED!!!!!!! I made her vomit. :cry: :cry: So I have no idea how much she got... 1/3rd of the 5mg, but vomited within a few minutes of it?!!?! So I waited 30 minutes and pilled HALF of a 5mg pill. That was horrible. She is terrible at pilling. Its very stressful.

So I have NO idea if she only has half her regular dose or almost all of her regular dose? If I did my math right, 1/3+1/2 is just shy of 1 whole..right??!

I just feel terrible about this. Really really bad. She is mad, or sad. I was in tears. She wont eat. I dont know if she has enough pred in her......

@-)

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

1/2 pill + 1/3 pill = 0.833333333 pill
    it's close to a whole pill. being slightly under dose is better than being over dose, right?
    (((carolyn)))

15. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) I'm sorry you are both traumatized. She'll be OK with a half dose or a little more for one day. Teddy vomits his pills fairly often. If I don't see the entire pill come back up, I don't re-pill. (((Latte))).

16. carolynandlatte

Thanks for making sure my math was good. Of course its all approximate because we dont know how much is in each part.

I dont know what it will do...under dose could reduce appy and make her vomit (but it is just ONE dose??). It will probably keep her BG's lower. Over would make her go higher, and wouldnt be great...but okay...as long as it was not by too much. I only had a problem like this once when she first started and vomited a dose.

I'll go try some baby food again. Maybe she has forgiven me. Thats one big positive of her's...very forgiving.

ETA- Thanks Linda. I will try to forgive myself, too. and breath.

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

CF shared this with Jill a day or two ago when Jill was having to pill Alex. I suspect it is something a lot like what you already do but I thought I'd pass this info along on pilling since it sounds like when you have to resort to it, it's an ordeal for you both.

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it's just one dose, even if she didn't get all of it I'm sure she'll be ok. Nothing can be 100%, right? ((((Carolyn))))

19. paige

paige Well-Known Member

HI Carolyn!! Happy Easter. Makes Webber and I smile to hear that Latte is having some good days. :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Oh, she had such a great day, today. I hope everything is all forgiven. (((BIG HUGS Carolyn))) and loving kisses to Latte.

21. carolynandlatte

+2-241
    I dont think I will know whats going on until +4.
    After her test i remembered the kibble @ +8.5 which would be causing a spike right about now and probly be gone around +4. If she is still high she either got the 'right' amount and/or is bouncing from her gorgeous day.

I guess Im just worried about it affecting her eating and keeping her bg's low enough that Im up all night and/or get an amps I cant shoot. She certainly would not need this dose if it were not for that one pill she may or may have not gotten all of tonight.

Sienne, thanks for putting the link in my condo. I had wanted to go back and look at it because you never know when you are going to learn something to make life easier for both you and your cat. It usually takes 2 techs at the clinic to pill her. So, I know its not *just* me. No amount of water can keep this cat from pocketing the pill and spitting it out in some odd place later on. :roll: She is also very strong headed! :lol: I do appreciate the view point the writer takes. Will probably print it up and read it often. Its relevant to many things.

22. carolynandlatte

My best guess is that the kibble spike has worn off and she only actually got 1/2 her pred dose. It isnt helping that she wont eat...even with that 70pt drop in the last 2 hrs. She has not eaten since 2:30pm, so im a little stressed. I could try an appy stim, but she will be up all night eating kibble AND its another freakin' pill. Grrrrr.

Its completely throwing me off from our routine and what to expect. On the other hand, its a good preview of what could be after my h*ll week at the end of the month, and I split her pred dose and give twice/day.

23. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Latte AMPS-235, PMPS-186, +4~170

Hi - Sounds like quite and ordeal for you today... I hope Latte is doing better soon.

The comment made about it having to take two techs to pill her - well wow does that take me back, many years ago. Short or long story: cat at vet, cat needed pills. I kept hearing this "ruckus" from the back rooms. eventually they came and got me, as they could not pill snoopy. Poor techs had him tied down to the OR table - snoopy was very strong, and not too nice when he was in what was to him a scary place, hence the restraints. (errr!!!!). anyways, with a few kind words, few strokes on his head, I got the pills down the hatch. It is a scene I'll never forget. So bottom line I guess, there is truth to what the article states about working with, understanding, listening to the cat. On the other hand I can relate to what you are going through too - not fun! been there so many times with that kitty.

anyways - big hugs to (((you))) and (((latte))), I hope all works out tonight. Com'on Latte - you gotta eat for your mama bean.

24. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/4 Latte AMPS-235, PMPS-186, +4~170

, +5.75~104
    this is setting us up for a potentialy no shot number tomorrow.

I will try to get a +11.5

Maybe she will eat a bowl of kibble while I sleep and fool me into a shootable number.

25. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/4 Latte AMPS-235, PMPS-186, +11.5~ 101 anyone around?

I will retest in 15min + give appy stim. She has very little food on board since last night. I think she only got half her pred. Related to that or just not feeling well prior, I dont know. But she has not eaten much since 2:30 yesterday afternoon (maybe 1/4 can ff). I think I may put food out right away...as in after I push send. She is such a slow to start eater, often taking two hours to eat + she usually STILL drops in the first hour or two even when food is spiked with karo.

I can be up to an hour late with shot today since I dont have to leave until 10am (regular shot time is 6am), and no work tonight I dont think.

Other option is just skip. that makes me sad with all the progress. But...I dont know, I could start a new cartridge tonight to help off set any high numbers?!!

*To those who do not know latte well....a.m.'s are bigger drops/lower because she takes a steroid at night. So basically this dose is borderline too high for her a.m.'s unless she is in midst of rebound. So, I have to be careful. She is also not a reliable eater and vomits*

26. Amy and Six

Morning Carolyn...not many people are around this early. Usually within the hour Miriam shows up and sometimes Monique.

I'd be happy to brainstorm with you, but have limited experience.

27. Amy and Six

Also Nina and Dyana are sometimes around...

28. Amy and Six

Did Latte eat and was it food spiked with the karo?

How does Latte do with reduced doses? Is that an option vs. skipping?

This is your crazy week, right?

29. carolynandlatte

Ya, I know not many around. Pretty much putting it out there and thinking it through out loud. Thoughts are always welcomed tho.

She dropped to 82, and only has interest in water. Gave appy stim, but will take about an hour to start working. If her tummy is not feeling right...it wont work well at all.

Wonder how effective a late and bcs would be + early shot (if bouncing or high) and new cart tonight? Maybe that combination would help ward off a week of pinks from skipping this shot?

30. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Just want to say good morning and offer my support!!!

31. Amy and Six

Have you ever done the combo you're suggesting? It's like a a tripe threat! :lol: It sounds like a decent plan of attack.

Boy, that's one serious drop in 15 minutes. Paws crossed the appetite stimulant works.

32. carolynandlatte

She is eating wellness turkey w/o karo right now. Second round to the bowl. Will test again shortly after she walks away. Will also work on a new condo....

Thoughts on stalling/bcs + early pm shot/new cart to help ward off a week of high numbers appreciated? Is it worth a shot? (ha! no pun intended)

33. carolynandlatte

didnt get the test. She vomited in my lap. She usually drops from vomiting ( but not always).

Never tried what I was talking about.

34. Amy and Six

Crud.

Ok, maybe Latte is telling you a serious BSC or no shot is in order? When's the last time you skipped?

And if she doesn't eat today, would have help keep her numbers down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.