4/4 - Nova - AMPS=131, +5=59, PMPS=94, +3=90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

yesterday's condo

Same ol same ol Nova. Happy, opinionated, and happy to be opinionated. Hopefully she gives me some "normal" 1U numbers.. and something resembling a nice gentle curve..

In Canada anyways, aviva is having another "sale".. the nano is free with 100 strips.. I put it in quotes because as far as I have seen the big brand meters are always free here if you buy 100 strips.. what seems a little odd this time is that according to their website you don't have to lie and say you're using the competitions meter to get the "deal".. anyhoo, same meter, same strips, just smaller, lets you keep track of meal times and is backlit.. Also noticed that the usb cable/software is on "sale" for $20.. prob will order one of those and muck about with it.. see if I can get the data out of the little bugger in csv format and do something fun with it. How sad my life is :).

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/4 - Nova - AMPS=131

very nice, as usual. :smile:

Here, the meters are often free, except when you need a new one, then there are suddenly no free deals.

3. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/4 - Nova - AMPS=131, +3=92

Yay a green +3!! Maybe this will give me the patience to wait a few days before for giving her a little f1U nudge again..

And a greener number at +5!! Yay!! Houston, we have a curve!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 - Nova - AMPS=131, +3=92, +5=59

I like that +5. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Very good of Nova to cooperate for you.
    Terrific day Dawn, and no, I did not give Max any insulin. :D

5. Dawn & Nova

I DID IT!! I ready EVERY SINGLE condo today.. NOBODY POST ANYTHING :).

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

that's quite an achievement! I used to be able to do that every day when LL was smaller. Notsomuch anymore. :roll: It's pretty cool when it happens. :smile:

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

You get an "A" for all that reading & for being a great kitty momma!!! Great numbers today!! HAPPY EASTER!!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Beautiful numbers!

It is quite an achievement. I really try to get to everyone but...

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dawn, thanks for the two chuckles. :D I thought my life was sad, 'cause I spent a whole hour dripping drops out of syringes and counting them the other day. :lol: Thought the grape juice was to thick and sticky, so changed to green water. But now I know how many drops are in 1u, in each of the two brands of syringes I have. :smile:
    I need a life. :lol:

And I also can't get through all the condos that I'd like. I already spend waaay to many hours reading them. Before I know it, the morning is gone . Lucky for me I have to get off to watch Y&R. :lol:

Wonderful numbers for Nova today. Bet you're happy. :smile:

10. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/4 - Nova - AMPS=131, +3=92, +5=59, +9=67

I'm pretty happy with todays surf that's for sure.. overall just trying not to think about how impossible it seems to be to get away from 1U :(.. I see cats get "stuck" like Nova.. but usually either super high doses, or itty bitty doses.. if anyone can toss a SS my way that looks like Nova I would appreciate it.. I see some that "maybe" its similar.. but not necessarily enough testing to be sure.

Kinda starting to think Mr P may be fried.. the tiny dose changes have a big effect on her.. don't think I'm dealing with much resistance.. holding her so delicately at these numbers on this dose.. I don't see a "break through" coming.. just a slow and painful grind.. smidgens at a time.. which is fine.. but there are a LOT of smidgens in 1U :).. going to have to figure out how to do 0.95U I think haha.

Think I'm going to email her doctor.. try to find out if we can get a c-peptide test done, see how much, if any, insulin she's making.. and then have something to compare to in 3 months to see if things are getting better or worse..

Ah well, still love and adore her :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.