4/4 Rusty AMPS 120, +5.5 44, +9 54, PMPS 86, +4.5 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Our hearts go out to Amy today. Brave Petey is flying free.

Good Morning Everyone,

Rusty had a good night and ate most of his nighttime food. No zoom this morning, however. It is a blustery, cool morning. A real "March" wind is whipping the trees around (and our snow shovel blew away from the back stoop!) Rusty is in his perch over the radiator, watching the snow melt.

I thought about going to Plattsburgh to the Walmart to buy Relion syringes, but I checked their website and Relion syringes are not listed(!). The "store brand" seems to be Dynarex, which does not come in 3/10cc and does not have 1/2 unit markings (and is made in China). Anyone know anything about this? Has Walmart changed distributers? I know that many people here use Relion syringes. Are you having trouble finding them? I checked several Walmarts; same story. Apparently the Dynarex syringes are only available online at Walmart and are shipped by something called 350 Health. Well, forget about that! (or, as we say in Brooklyn: fuggedaboutit). I guess I'll stick with the Monojects when my supply of Terumos is gone.

Wishing all a good day,

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

hmmmm, I haven't bought them in a while and next time I go for some strips, I will check my Walmart to see what is what.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Rusty. I'm glad he ate good. I don't know about the syringes. Wal-Mart may have switched suppliers.

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I just bought the Relion 3/10cc syringes from Walmart last week. That's odd.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ella :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Oh no.... I am sorry to read about Amy's Petey... I will have to visit her condo. :(

Rusty you are looking good today. Keep those BG's in line. Wish I could help with the relion syringes, but never used them. Good luck!

Enjoy your day today Ella. Hope the winds die down... yay on the snow melt?

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi Carla, Yes, I have a box of SureComforts. I had problems with the bubbles and the sticky plunger. I've tried everything at ADW!
    Maybe it's me!!

Hi again, The LagoonMeister is visiting the sharks again. The Monoject syringe this morning looked like it had no insulin in it at all!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

where do you live? Maybe it's a regional thing. I'm in northern NY state.

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Call them.....I've never seen their Relion syringes listed on their website, but they're at the stores....and I've looked for years....they don't seem to put any syringes on their website! That's the first time I've seen those Dynarex syringes

10. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm in northern Wisconsin. Maybe they don't list the syringes because the pharmacy keeps it in the back.

11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks, Chris and "Catgirl" (sorry, I don't know your name). Next week we have to go to Potsdam to the dermatologist. There is a big Walmart there, so I'll check out "behind the pharmacy counter."

Thanks, Judy. These are hypodermic syringes, not insulin syringes. Thanks for the thought! (Terumo decided to stop making insulin syringes, but still makes all their other types of syringes. They found that insulin syringes were no longer as popular (i.e., "profitable"?) as before, since so many human diabetics use the pen needles now.)

The LagoonMeister has moved from the deep end to more comfortable depths.

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Ella, I've always bought my Relions at Walmart, and every Walmart I've been to has them (of course, I'm in CA) behind the pharmacy counter (you need a script in CA for syringes). I have also had trouble finding them online. Here is what the bag looks like: upload_2017-4-4_17-27-21.png

Nice to see the LagoonMeister hard at work today! Keep those kitties safe, Rusty!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks, Tricia! I think New York requires a script, too. I'll pick one up at Rusty's vet this week.

Yo Auntie Tricia, I'm tryin'!
    ~ Rusty

15. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Relion is Walmart's house brand of insulin testing and treatment products. It's such a popular line of products that the stores near me are routinely sold out of stuff. There's no way they are swapping out the syringes for some other brand.

16. AZJenks

The "purple stripe syringes" (that's what I call them because the box has a purple stripe) come in two types. There's the 29g 12.7mm (1/2") needle that
    @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey posted. There's also a 30g 8mm (5/16") needle version, which is what I get. Not sure what your preference is, but wanted to make you aware of the options. :)

17. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There's also a 31 gauge, 8mm, 3/10ml size
    relion insulin syringes.PNG

18. AZJenks

@Chris & China - That's so weird! Why would they make two versions of the same needle that differ by just 1 gauge?

purple.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Well, everyone, I got the script from Rusty's vet for 3/10cc, 31 gauge, 8mm needle length. I thought all was in order and Walmart had the syringes. But when I got home I see that they gave me a 6mm (15/64") needle length. Either they made a mistake, or that's the needle length now. IMG_1882.JPG

It looks pretty short (I'm used to the 8mm needle), but I wasn't about to drive another 100 miles just to wait around for the prescription to be filled again!

p.s. to @AZJenks : I think there is a significant difference between 30 gauge and 31 gauge. Most insulin syringes come in a variety of gauges--from 29 to 31.

20. Sandeep Kumar

Sandeep Kumar New Member

You can Visit ReliOn official website and can shop there

LizzieInTexas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.