4/4 Shadoe amps 265 +11~324 pmps 326 +2~360 +4~313

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Shadoe

Yesterday's recap:
    382 - amps (2.5u Lev c12)
    299 - +2
    155 - +6
    257 - +10
    346 - pmps (2.5u Lev c13)
    355 - +2
    306 - +6 (Oliver is 302!)
    265 - today's amps (2.5u Lev c14)
    265 - +2 unchanged

Other than still being cautious around Oliver, and wanting to eat away from his area, Shadoe is doing OK. Just her numbers are not good now. I am thinking of increasing to 2.75u to see if we can get her numbers down because she is just not responding as well as before. I can wait 4 more cycles but since I am at work tomorrow, I won't know if she falls below 200.
    I wonder if it is better to get her to lower numbers quickly, or if it is better to wait to see if her numbers improve tomorrow nite. If I see no progress tonite, I could increase tomorrow nite so I can be around if she reacts well.

We'll see how it goes today, am and pm.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/4 Shadoe amps 265 +2~no change

I agree with the 'wait and see' how this goes. It's hard to know if there was too quick of a reduction or if the tumor is in a more active phase or if this is just a fluctuation in numbers. It's not a bad place to start the day no matter what the explanation, though.

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Easter Shadoe :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Gayle
    Sorry that Shadoe has stalled a bit on you but maybe she
    will need a touch more soon.
    Wait and see as Sienne says and maybe she will have some
    surprises for you today.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Sienne,
    The last thing I want to do is go UP in dose; I like this 2.5u, it's easy to measure, and I would prefer to tell myself she has high numbers cuz she is stressing herself over Oliver and his appetite and attention grabbing attitude.

If numbers can go up from vet visits, I would think that they can rise from other stresses, like a new cat who is robbing mz prima donna of all the attention.

Booboo is the prime prima donna, always has been, but I am suspecting she is teaching her ways to Shadoe.

Oliver could care less.

I will stick with 2.5 and watch her for a few days, and if any spikes at ps, I can always use TOR to bring her down to something nicer for a surf.

Lisa, thx and the same to you.

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I think it's very reasonable that the numbers could be due to Oliver.

We have a stress kitty in our house...any time something is different - even if it's for one or two days (like one of the other cats is in a bad mood for a day or two) she poops outside the litter box. We discovered this problem (she's a new addition) when she started peeing on the bed. Yikes! Now we know the poo outside the litter box means she's wound up about something and to try to help resolve the problem before she moves to peeing on the bed.

We've had her since August and these moods come and go...and they all seem dependent on how the other cats are acting.

With that said...we are talking about Shadoe! :lol: She has her own way of doing everything!!!!

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Shadoe was in the 60's just two days ago. I think I would wait and see if today's flat yellow cycle turns into any action tonight, and if not then probably bump to 2.75. Just my opinion. :smile:

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I know I shouldn't but I feel like I failed in some way if we have to go back up in dose.
    I know I shouldn't because her drops are what I should expect in the future, to go along with rises, due to her acro-ness.
    I know I should not lose the aggressiveness because I don't want to lose the upper hand in it. Inactivity and hope won't bring the numbers down.

So, much as I hate it, I suppose tomorrow we should try out a 2.75u and see if it makes a difference. Maybe with luck, she will slowly dip back down to bloos.
    We'll see how tonite goes.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Gayle)))) I know it's hard mentally to go back up, but it's normal. I had to do it several times, most everybody has to do it. No worries, ok?

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/4 Shadoe amps 265 +11~324 pmps 326 +2~360

All I've ever known was up to nosebleed level, and those shots I even split with half on each side of the scruff and R in the middle, then it was the rollercoaster down at breakneck speed. Kinda like bungie jumping it seems, so these lousy numbers are telling me we are on our way up again soon.
    This really sucks, and now Oliver is hurling again. What a great nite.

Attached Files:

11. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I know how you feel Gayle, and I'm sorry you have to deal with increasing the insulin. However, remember that Shadoe doesn't know how much she's getting...she just knows that she feels shitty in the reds and nice in the blues. She needs what she needs.

That picture of Shadoe and BooBoo is absolutely precious!

12. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Gayle
    We are the pros at going up in dose and kind of not the best feeling.
    Max went up, then went down, then went up and then...
    we know where he is now.
    Sometimes it clicks, it is so wierd.
    Shadoe is doing great an those numbers will be back soon.

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Randi,
    I know you had alot of zig zags for doses so you know how it feels and what to expect. Me, not so much but it looks like we are headed up.

Shadoe's been licking her lips so I am keeping an eye on her. She does that when she's upset and so long as Oliver is here to run into, she'll be licking her lips. I hope that is all it is.

Heather,
    I have tons of pictures of the two girls. Booboo and Shadoe almost always lie together, so that's why I give Oliver attention because he has no buddy. Booboo is completely used to Oliver and has accepted his presence; Shadoe not so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.