4/5 Eeyore PMPS+3=404 AMPS=453 +6=250 11=405 PMPS=485

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    PMPS+9=404
    AMPS=453. Wellness Chicken out for breakfast. Shot 2U
    +6=250
    +11=405
    PMPS=485. Wellness Chicken/Beef out for dinner. Shot f2u
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11058

Monday. And it's raining. And I have an exam. And Eeyore is high already.

We will see what happens. I did put a nom down at 3am, because I couldn't get up at 2am. Don't know if that's the reason, but there was no food in the bowls and I left a large can down...so maybe this is my fault. Whatever it is, I'm just a tad frustrated; wouldn't be if this was AMPS, but we're still three hours away...

Just a big ol' sigh this morning.

Best-
    Michele

2. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Eeyore PMPS+3=404

{{Hugs}} Don't have much else to offer you, but I've got hugs to spare. Hope he comes down for you!

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Eeyore PMPS+3=404

Hope things are looking better by AMPS.

4. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/5 Eeyore PMPS+3=404 AMPS=453

No better, Lydia...unfortunately.

I think I need to get back to using catsicles. I stopped using them because I don't always have time...but darn it, I'm gonna have to find the time to get it together and get them made. That way, they'll thaw and will be available to eat overnight in those wee hours when I just can't get out of a warm bed...

Marvie, thanks for the hugs. I do appreciate them. I'm just frustrated. I'll get over it - I usually do. LOL.

Best-
    Michele

5. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Catsicles? Just frozen canned food or is there a recipe or something? I'm very much interested in this idea, I could use this when I have to leave him for longer periods of time...

Hopefully things will take a downward turn for you guys soon. Maybe you should let the kitties come hang out with Tugger and Scrabble... it's not too late for your kitties to join the race ;)

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration.... (((Michele)))

7. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Michele-

I'm pulling for Eeyore. He's still new at this and he HAS shown some nice numbers. Don't worry. This stuff is hard work sometimes, but they DO get better. And he will too!!!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like Eeyore is bouncing on the blues. I'm guessing he's going to need a dosecrease but let's see what others have to say.

9. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/5 Eeyore PMPS+3=404 AMPS=453 +6=250

You guys are so sweet. It's just the whole thing - school, exams, not sleeping well (because of the exam), them being high...and all on Monday, too...I do love the rain, so that part wasn't too bad. The rest was. I do appreciate the support very, very much.

Marvie, I put about 3 tablespoons of water to a 12-14 oz can of food, blend it well (in a bowl with a spoon...not a blender), put it in ice cube trays, and freeze them. Then, I decant what I think they'll need during the day, and it prevents them from overeating in the morning. It takes about 3-4 hours in most weather to thaw, so that gives them a mini meal at 9-10; now, just to figure out how to get a +8 or so feeding into them (when I'm at the hospital 12 hours...). That's the whole catsicle thing; and I find it comes in very handy...I just have to take the time and do it up in time to freeze, you know? LOL.

Sienne, there is likely room for an increase. I won't be able to do it until Thursday night, though, because I want to watch him carefully; I don't know how his low numbers affect him, so want to be here to forstall any issues should the need arise.

OTOH, Eeyore has really, really improved. I spent a good amount of time watching him this weekend, and didn't see many indicators of diabetes; yes, the sugar is high, but other than that - well, he's so soft now, he's not constantly headed for the box, he's not drinking all the time, and he has some more energy...I'm really very, very pleased. And I have to remember that he's only been here for three weeks; he's fit in so well it seems like much longer, you know? Just really, really a good match in this household of feline fuzzbutts.

I've got study group now, so have to run, but will post more later on.

Best-
    Michele

10. Michele and Esse

PMPS=485. So I'm taking him to f2 tonight, and will see how it goes. I don't want to go a full increase without me being here to watch him carefully, so...for now, it's just a fattening of the dose.

Will see how things progress, and make a better decision Thursday...

Best-
    Michele

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease!

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good luck with the fat on the dose.

Normally, when I'm a good girl, I get a weeks worth of frozen lunches ready at a time: I fill a 1/2 cup rubbermade container with a mixture of 1 can of FF and water and cover and freeze. Sometimes, when I don't have the energy or forgot; I just put a can of FF in a bowl and freeze it. It works enough to ensure he has a supply of food while I'm gone for the afternoon.

13. Michele and Esse

It's a wee little one, but...well...those numbers just have to come back down. I really don't like doing it when I have 2 12+hour days in front of me, but I also need to do something, you know?

Best-
    Michele

14. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Well, he has had some nice numbers. He is doing the normal LST drill. The bouncing will stop. Good luck with the dosecrease and also your schedule. I am horsed out at this point, need to go eat and feed the rest of the troops. Have a good night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.