4/5 Jasper AMPS 363 / +4 306 / +8 234

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

What a morning.

Going back to sleep.

We shot 80 minutes earlier this am because we didn't leave food out for them last night cause his +6 was high. So there was a little "acid stomach" puking this am that worried me a bit just in case it was something else, and there was a large poop far outside the box this am, which the only time they go outside the box was many years ago when Jasper had seizures that the vet was never able to diagnose and eventually they just stopped.

So, weird numbers + puking + possible seizure = panicked momma ...lol

I tested him, it was +10.25 and he was 363 so plenty high enough to shoot normal amount even a bit early and they were super hungry.

So , sorry to be gross but I'm sure the puking (it was just a little bit a couple times) was just acid stomach from not eating cause the new (good) vet said the puking at like 10/11 hours when we were stupidly following the other (bad) vet and only feeding the poor underweight cat only twice a day...was just that. And the poop on the floor this morning had hair string coming out of it lol and they are long hair cats... so... I am pretty confident it was just a dingleberry situation...lol (and also, it had the appearance of Baileys type of poop anyway, not Jaspers lol)

Anyway, now that he is getting insulin I think we CAN go back to only twice a day...at least for this cycle... cause maybe his high numbers are because there is food available all day.. I don't know. When he starts looking around his nadir I'll test and see.

Ok, now that I grossed everyone out, taking a mental health nap cause I've not been sleeping well and don't want to get sick and/or more stressed and not be able to handle all this again.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

No worries about being gross I once posted a pic of poop on this site. Lol. Just keep an eye on him and continue testing. You are doing great. This whole thing is extremely stressful so remember to breathe and take care of yourself too. Hopefully the poop and puke were just simple cat “one offs” and don’t happen again

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  3. Jasper Blue and Jay

Have you heard of FOMO?

Fear of missing out?

Well I have FOMG...Fear of missing greens...

lol I'm trying to stop overtesting cause it's stressing him out, his poor little ears..

and since he's been high enough I haven't been testing as much...

But right now he woke up from his nap, looked out the window for a bit, and came and cuddled me...

so he's sitting in my lap purring...

And I just *know* he's in a nice yellow maybe even green range...

but I can't bring myself to test him.

I'm not worried about hypo cause he's not looking for food even though I'm not letting them graze today...

I *really* want to see a green on his ss...lol.. but refuse to test him just for that reason lol

FOMG :D

4. Jasper Blue and Jay

(and now he just jumped down and is playing with his toys... :D :D :D)

Yeahhhh that was shortlived...lol... went to play with him and he played for a little while but was doing the glassy eyed staring into space at nothing at all thing too much and he hasn't eaten since this am and I haven't tested for a while so ... I have no willpower...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  5. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I think you've mentioned a couple of times that he is underweight. I may well be misunderstanding your earlier post about not letting them graze, so if I am, just ignore this. But please don't withhold food from him. When they are in high numbers like this, they can't process the nutrients they get very well, so they do need more calories until they get back to a healthy weight. In addition, some cats will actually get higher numbers if they don't have food regularly. My kitty is one of them. If I give him regular access to food he mostly stays in good numbers. If he gets hungry, his numbers go right up.

The only time they shouldn't eat is the two hours before the PS tests. The rest of the day they can eat as needed, regardless of when you are going to test.

And again, if I was misunderstanding that, no worries and just ignore this. `:)

MamaMug likes this.
  7. Jasper Blue and Jay

No you're right, we gave in and gave them a little bit of food about 3.5ish hours before pmps... but.. he only went up 23pts between +8 and +12 so I'm confused and stalling just for half an hour to think...lol... I've never given him insulin in yellow before. I know I know its totally totally safe...lol... I just need a minute...

8. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

You were just saying how much you wanted a green on his spreadsheet. ;) Greens don't just happen on their own....you've got this! Be brave! :D

MamaMug and Jasper Blue and Jay like this.
  9. Jasper Blue and Jay

! :p !

I'm going to be up all night lol but its worth it... I took a nap this morning lol