4/5 Latte AMPS(+13.5)~75, PMPS(+11)-269, +3.5~356

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11051&p=110215#p110215
    (some of this a.m. conversation/thoughts in yesterdays condo)

My head is just hanging so low. After all that progress we will be back into high numbers. Unless I see her going up in the next 30 minutes or so....and A LOT.

Recap -

-diidnt get all of steroid last night.
    -dropped to 104 by +6
    -not eating on last nights cycle at all
    -+11.5-101
    -+11.75-82
    -+12.5- 55 (after vomiting food)
    +12.75~41

She is eating kibble right now. *sigh*

Skipping shot unless she jumps up super high in the next 30-45 minutes.
    She is going to be miserably high tonight because of this (and now the kibble), and it will take forever to break her out of it. :cry:

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Latte AMBG (+12.5)-55

(((((Carolyn)))))

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Looking at SS -- BRB.

4. carolynandlatte

She keeps going DOWN!
    She has never been this low.

Sorry D - I didnt finish filling out yesterday. She has been dropping since +3 last night.

5. Amy and Six

Re: 4/5 Latte AMBG (+12.5)-55, +12.75~41

Carolyn...I have to go drop off a civie at the vets.

So glad D is here...

My heart goes out to you and Latte this morning. I hope Latte's numbers starts to rise and she starts feeling better.

6. D and Noisy

You need to leave soon?

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry - but offer support. (((Carolyn)), and (((Latte)))

8. Amy and Six

From Carolyn....
    D - check out the end of yesterday's post for some more info from this morning.

9. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/5 Latte AMBG (+12.5)-55, +12.75~41, +13~66

I am around for 3 more hrs. If i shoot anything I would like to be no more than 1.5ish hrs late. so im not too off tomorrow.

She is on her way up with lots of kibble on board.

what about 1 unit @ +13.5 if she is still rising?

10. D and Noisy

She has a history of bouncing (and kibble onboard, does HC not work for you guys?) I think the 1u would be fine. Was hoping you wouldn't skip shot totally so that is good.
    I just am not familiar with her history to help much -- clearly she has other stuff going on besides FD can you give me a brief rundown?

11. carolynandlatte

stupid google froze puter, so only off phone for now.

I think 1 u if she is still rising @+13.5. Depending on pm # shoot 1hr early with new cart.

D- she has gi disease, crf, pancreatitis.metabolic acidosos...the works. Not a reliable eater, vomitor, and on steroid. She threw up steroid yesterday, thus low numbers. this dose is to compensate for steroid. She would not need so much otherwise....as you can see.

will go test now and brb

thank you!

12. carolynandlatte

Geeez she is only at 75 +13.5!

D- forgot the food....she gets kibble because sometimes that is all she will eat. Her HC is wellness or baby food with karo. Sensitive to grains and such.

13. D and Noisy

My vote would be to get 1u onboard verra soon.

14. D and Noisy

Bless her and yours heart!

15. carolynandlatte

K, I did 1 u at +13.5.
    I will be home to get up to a +2.75 and back for a +9.5 or +10.
    Aside from the bounce to come, the kibble should spike her around + 3 and last at least until +5 (unless she eats more than it will be longer)
    Depending on how high she is at +11 I will shoot pm shot then...
    but what?
    Did she earn a reduction from dropping due to vomiting?

16. D and Noisy

The good news is we have time to think out what is next and time for some of the other gang to stop by.

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Latte AMPS (+13.5)~75/1u

Dear Carolyn, I wish I could help. Hang in there and trust your Latte. Hugs to you both!

Ella & Stu

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Let's take it one shot at a time. If you're correct and Latte bounces by PMPS, you will be able to shoot her old dose to help with the rebound. Before or by then, If D isn't back this morning, there will be others who can give you some input regarding dose.

19. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good morning Carolyn. Just got finished reading yesterday and today's condos....boy, Latte is keeping you busy, isn't she. I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give to you, but I can give you some moral support and a great big cyber hug ((((Latte and Carolyn))) to hopefully help you through.

You are such an awesome bean and Latte is certainly very lucky to have you in her life. I don't think there are many people (beside folks on this board, of course ;-) ) who would be willing to take care of a kitty that has so many issues. You are AWESOME!!

20. D and Noisy

Re: 4/5 Latte AMPS (+13.5)~75/1u, +.5-93

Might be save an ear day soon.

21. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I don't give advice. You're usually giving it to me. :smile:
    I just wanted to add support. Latte is a lucky girl to have you for a momma. :smile:

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

You are doing a great job Carolyn!!! HUGS to you both!!!
    I really admire all the work you do with and for Latte!! It's a beautiful thing!!! ((((Carolyn))))
    Here's hoping for a nice day with an easy plan for PMPS time....

23. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

You did good! Glad you had a later start this am, or your heart may not have survived it, huh?!

See where she is when you get home and get closer to PMPS. You can formulate a plan better a bit later in the day when you know where her bg's are going. I agree with the general idea posted above, if she's started her bounce and keeps the pred on board, you may want to stick with her dose for tonight. That pred (obviously) makes a huge impact. She was a micro-dose cat before you had to go to the steroid....

I should be home tonight by your regular PMPS if you need to bouince ideas and strategy.

24. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Just cheering you on saying wow--you have a lot going on there.

25. carolynandlatte

+1.5-88 :shock:

I was just about to give fluids, but guess I will hold off. :YMSIGH: She really needs them after all the vomiting. She seems pretty content in her throne.

I called my employer. Im a nanny for a toddler and infant. the infant has his first cold, so she said she was on the fence of going to work today, herself. I am going to check back in an hour and we will both go from there.

Im quite amazed she is not going up. On the other hand, it is very apparent how much the pred affects her. Without as much, last night, and of course none in her a.m. cycle she needs very little insulin. When I took her off the pred she was only on .25 u and hitting lots of greens. So, maybe this should not be so surprising.

SS is filled out. Need to look at notes in the side to see additional tests between +12 and +13.5

Wonder if I can get her to eat some wet or baby food?

26. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/5 Latte AMPS (+13.5)~75/1u, +.5-93, +1.5-88, +2.5-133

There's the bounce! How far she goes, nobody knows.

Her tummy is very unsettled, from the way she is sitting. If I do not go into work or go in a bit later, I will likely bring her to the vet and get her a cerenia shot. NO MORE PILLS! Arg!!!! Would have gone earlier, but she drops from the stress of the vet and I didnt think bringing her with a BG of 88 would be very helpful. Maybe mid bounce if I can swing it! Gotta work all angles.

Im also thinking a decrease is not in order. yes, she went well below 50. But this was not a typical cycle for her...she usually has the pred on board. We will see where she is at +11 and hopefully it will be a shootable number, and plan on shooting regular dose.

Thanks for all who helped and stopped in to offer support. I was not expecting it at all. I was just talking things through to myself, outloud. I really, really appreciate it.

27. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) Sending feel better vines to (((Latte))).

28. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

So sorry I missed all the goings on Carolyn...Sending healing vines to Latte!!
    Look at the numbers--They look great--Whatever you are doin g, I know how devoted you are to Latte--
    I know latte will be fine real soon--HUGS to you both!!

29. carolynandlatte

+3.5-139

Her vet is awesome. He stepped outta surgery to give her a shot of cerenia!

She is kinda stuck in the 130's which is ok at this point, I guess.

Probably wont be home until her +10.5 or 11 since I am late to work.

Thanks again everyone

30. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Hey - this isn't looking bad at all at this point! 88 to 133 - sure, her bounce is starting...but holding steady at 139 an hour later? Maybe she won't go high and flat this time around. And with her expected 'post-vet-drop', she might just give you a very nice pmps tonight.

I think today - even though out of the norm - solidifies for me that I need to be able to get tests off her before I start shooting pm's for you in a few weeks! She's not a micro-dose cat anymore, and with the Latte-Curve-Balls I won't be able to make myself shoot without a test. Let me know if you have time this weekend to give it a go.

31. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn & Latte))) Droppin thru to check on you two... not looking bad at all.. hopefully not a lot of bouncing will go on & I am wishing you both a beautiful day!!
    Gooooooo Latte!! :RAHCAT

32. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hey Carolyn.
    Sorry you had such a rough morning. Hope you come home to a nice PMPS, and you have a stress free day at tbp.

33. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Phew what a day for you two.
    You take such good care of Latte - and still you take the time to check in to see how the rest of us are doing.
    Hope you come home to a good evening.

Thanks for stopping by our condo with your kowledge of all things pred/cypro/kitties and warm thoughts.

34. carolynandlatte

Hello,
    I am home. and Latte is good.
    +10- 258
    She ate some more kibble when I was gone so I dont know if this is part of her number or not.
    I will check again @ +11, which is when I would like to shoot. I dont feel comfy trying to make up more than 15 min in the a.m. because she is usually dropping before her shot anyway. It,s also important to get a +2, which I can only do tomorrow a.m. if I shoot an hr early tonight.

I think I may be able to do +11, but I am also afraid it might come back to bite me in the a.m., depending on hopw much of the bounce clears by then.

Thoughts?

I am still thinking keep same dose despite the 41 this a.m. because it was an unusual circumstance due to little pred on board (and no food/vomiting)

Any thoughts on that? I suppose I could also take out a drop and raise it at the end of the week if need be.

Thanks everyone.

I am exhausted!

35. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Latte AMPS(+13.5)~75/1u, +10~258 Shot time and dose help

I just want to offer HUGS and support :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

36. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/5 Latte AMPS(+13.5)~75/1u, PMPS(+11)-269

I decided to shoot 1hr early. Hopefully my judgement was sound and she will be okay. I will not make up time tomorrow a.m. at all. I will probably test at normal time and help her get a jump start on eating so she definately has food on board once I give her shot.

As I said in my last post, she ate more kibble while I was gone. Im hoping the cerenia helped a lot. She just now ate about 1/4 jar of baby food and seemed to enjoy it.

She also has all her pred on board. I had to pill it again, because she was refusing the treats. Arg!

Poor thing - when I picked her up for test/shot I noticed an entire back claw hanging off. It was freaky looking, as this seemed to be the whole shebang! This was not your typical shedding a layer of the claw type scene. She does not let me touch her back legs so I was unsure how we were going to handle this...and if something was wrong. Thankfully, after her shot she let me wiggle it a bit and it came off. No blood, and there is a tiny, tiny claw underneath. Yuck. It was creepy. she does not seem to be bothered by it.

So things I learned:
    - always give pred BEFORE her shot! Possibly reduce dose if pred is not kept down or she is not getting it in.

-When I split pred dose at the end of month to twice/daily, I will need to keep a close eye on her, as she will likely need a great reduction from current dose.

-Never say you will never shoot a certain number. Just the other day I said I would not shoot this number in the a.m., as I was contemplating shooting it that night. Sometimes, once you weigh all the circumstances you end up doing something completelly different than expected. I have no regrets and think decisions were very well thought out (thank you D!)

thanks again for those who offered support this a.m. I cant tell you how much I appreciate it. Im really exhausted after little sleep, adrenalin wearing off, and work. I think Im going to see if Latte is interested in some under the cover time, and take a nap.

Oh - still open for dosing suggestions for tomorrow.

37. D and Noisy

I wrote this before your post but thought I'd go ahead and post it anyway. Noise was Mr. +11.

Not sure if you shot yet. You have the option of skinnying up the 1u if your shooting at +11. You know Latte best.

38. carolynandlatte

D- I shot her regular dose (1.75) @ +11. Should I have reduced her dose your thinking to 1 u for tonight as well?

39. D and Noisy

Oh dear, I must have made a mistake -- I really shouldn't be posting at this time of night. Let me go see what I thought I saw. You're cool, I meant to skinny down the regular dose, but not a must. Don't know where I got that 1u.

ETA: guess I pulled the number 1u from this morning.

ETA2: Paws crossed for a great night for you guys. Now I go to bed -- this post told me I shouldn't post anymore tonight. :roll:

40. carolynandlatte

:lol: it is getting late...everywhere!
    1u is what I shot this a.m.

What Im trying to figure out if a dose reduction is in order for tomorrow since she hit 41 this a.m. BUT, she probably only did that because she did not have full amount of pred on board (dose is to compensate for the pred), didnt eat, and vomited. I hate to reduce it based on a bunch of wierd circumstances and then have her running too high again. BUT, if people feel it might be wise to reduce to see what happens, then increase in a few days I might be inclined to agree. I just dont know. Was looking for feedback.

41. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) You must really tired. Big day for you too. Vet visit, shot and that nail :?

How long does the cerenia last in her system?

42. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn,
    what a day you guys had. I see on your ss that at +3 you are already back up to 356.
    she got the pred in tonight right? she's bouncing. she's eating ? and you shot 1u yesterday am so shed is a little off.... but not much. You did get to see her pred effect first hand ! something good to come out of this crappy day.

yesterday's 41 was not an earned reduction. I'd stick with your regular dose. ( unless she has another incident of course)

does Latte get all her meds at same time? Latte gets some pepcid/famotidine or ondansetron right? can't remember which or if both. famotidine shot?
    In order to help make sure Winnie's dex would stay down I would give her pepcid 1/2 hour or so before she got her roid . also roids dissolve fast and get absorbedu rather quickly. ( I say that as an expert vomit examiner :lol: ) so I *usually* ( hey sometimes I forgot :eek: ) gave her roid 15 before shot. I knew even if she got sick after shot her roid was still down the hatch.

Q : has her vomiting gotten worse recently? or about the same? other symptoms same? trying to keep up.... and wondering....

hope tuesday is a much better day for you both ! happy cat = happy bean

43. D and Noisy

How great to see you Cheryl -- you have so much similar experience to help Carolynn and Latte.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.