4/5 Molly

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele&Molly, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Good morning Campers!

Can someone please eyeball my spreadsheet and tell me if it makes a shred of sense after yesterday's weirdness. Thanks much.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

SS looks fine. Good thing you are home today to see what happens after yesterday. I think the 1u was a good choice, although others will say 1.5 or something. That +9 is higher than yesterday's +9, but that could be a tad bit of rebound.

Looks good - I mean you are on top of it.

Maybe you can have a belated Easter dinner tonight?

3. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

I have no idea what's going on with her. Is it normal for her to be so low again today after yesterday? She's only on 1u:

AMPS - this is 9 hours after her last shot. Shot 1u on a 98
    +3 121
    +6 98
    +9 109

Would have anticipated her being higher.

4. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

+10.5 and she's 77.

Normal?

5. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

pmps 139 and i only shot 1u. I regret it now and wish i would have at least given 1.5 but she's been going and staying low so i just got gun-shy when it was time to pull the trigger (i meant syringe plunger : ) All i can do is wait and see how she does. Back to work for me tomorrow, so i won't be able to get as many spot checks as i have been this past week.

Hope everyone else is well. Keep your fingers crossed that i didn't just cause Molly's numbers to skyrocket back up.

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Michele I think you did really really well. It's inexplicable that Molly would be this low still after yesterday, but somehow she's making good use of that 1U!! I think it's amazing that's holding her, so something good must be going on.

I don't think you were gun shy at all - I think you did what made sense to you. And it's working!! How about that?!

7. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Still no idea what in the world is going on with the Moll-ster. All of a sudden it's like she doesn't need half as much insulin.

Given everything that's been going on, i shot 1u last night on a 139. Today's AMPS was 255 so i gave 2u. I'm guessing that was probably too much as i just walked through the door and she's 80 @ +10. Ya know when you can kinda tell they had a rough day or went low (does that sound crazy?), well it looks like she had a rough day.

Any suggestions on dosage? Was the 2u too much and she went low during the day? There is no way for me to know as i will be working each day until the weekend. 80 @ +10 is unlike her - it's the new low numbers still.

8. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Very interesting, Michele.

I think 1u is not enough to hold her unless he is coming off a really low day. It does not look like she drop too low last night and the 255 this am was rebound. I think it was not enough insulin overnight. But clearly 2u is too much - or seems to be. You don't know is she was as low as the 30s or just the 50s today.

So, you need to figure out a new "sliding scale" Maybe 1u or 1.25u when she is in low-mid 100s and 1.5u above, hmmm, maybe 175? Maybe 200? What do you think?

For night I would say 1u, but if she goes higher again tomorrow am, don't give another 2u. Probably 1.5u this am would have been good.

9. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

PMPS 108 shot 1.25 or hell, that could have been a real skinny 1.5u - whatever you want to call it.

I agree with you that the 1u prob wasn't enough last night and that's why she was 255 this am. And i also agree that that 255 was not a rebound number. Yes, the 2u seemed too much for today (still can't believe it!). Given all that, i shot a skinny 1.5u on a 108 and will get a spot check before bed.

Still not sure what to attribute all this to but hey, i hope she just keeps needing less and less insulin. I think i should be able to stay home and monitor all this -just wish my boss agreed : )

10. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Being overweight can cause insulin resistance. Has she lost some weight?

I think learning to shoot on those lower numbers has helped here a lot.

So how did last night and today go? Were you able to get that spot check before bed after shooting that 108?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.