4/5 Moses PMPS 325 +3~142

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

So his AMPS is less than half from yesterdays! I leave for work in 30 minutes....

Do I wait? Feed him MC/HC? His numbers seem everywhere! I don't want him to hypo while I'm at work... but I don't want to skip his shot.

...what to do? nailbite_smile

2. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Moses AMPS 188

Good Morning Erica -

You've shot this low before...what does your experience show you?

It looks like the reds/pinks were a bounce from som low numbers.

Does Moses feed himself when numbers drop?

4. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Amy, you have shot this low before, how long are you going to be gone???

5. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

I have shot this before, but it's been when he's been on a consistent dosage. Moses experiences such huge drops that sometimes I can't have BOS when I'm not at home.

Moses experiences eating anxiety when he doesn't feel good. He's a grazer, so most time I need to be here to encourage him to eat. It's 50/50 with him feeding himself.

6. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

I'll be gone until his +9.

I say I shot and leave MC out ... I just want other's experienced opinions too.

7. Amy and Six

It also looks like there has been a recent change in his dosage due to the 39...any reason why you are back to 1.0?

These are your options....

Shoot as is and leave out plenty of food.

Shoot a partial dose (or shoot the .75 that Moses earned a few days ago) and leave out plenty of food.

Skip shot.

You have to do what makes you comfortable, but it looks like you have some wiggle rooom because you have shot this low before.

8. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

I think that sounds good, in my opinion but I am still a newbie! You have to do what you feel comfortable with but I think since you have shot 1u for a while that you should be fine. Hopefully others will come by and help!

9. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

When leaving the food out, should it be LC/MC/HC?

10. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

I think I'll do the .75u with MC out. It seems like the safer median.

I must get ready... I'll retest and shoot in 10 minutes. (30 minutes late)

Any other input? Thanks for your help!

11. Amy and Six

What makes you feel most comfortable?

Last nights +3 isn't too far off from today's preshot...what is Moses most likely to eat? In my opinion, that's what I would feed to help ensure there's not too much of a drop.

Just saw your plan and think it's a good one. Go for it!

12. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

I would leave out mc too but would probably shoot a 1u, but that is totally up to you, you have to be comfortable while you are gone!

13. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I left out some 6% food for Tugger yesterday when I had to shoot low and leave for the day when he was threatening to earn a decrease on me. I left our more than usual and a higher than usual carb but not super high carb. (and had a petsitter coming in to put new stuff out twice).

It worked for us, but ECID...

14. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Ya, I am tired of all the dose changes... I like your 1u idea. We should be safe w/MC sitting out and 1u. I'm going to retest.

Thank you so much for your opinion ya'll!

15. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

He was dropped to .75u and it wasn't holding. Three experienced beans, including Jill & Alex, said that if he doesn't get green to go up to a skinny 1u. So after 5 days of black and red, we increased.

16. Amy and Six

gotcha...thanks. that's the dose info I was looking for...people with more experience than me :D

if you are comfortable doing the 1IU with MC food out, then it's probably your best bet. you could also do a 1 skinny. saw you tried that recently too.

17. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 4/5 Moses AMPS 188 +.5~196

Okay, so I shot a 1u. I shot him 30 minutes late. Okay.

I'm going to make his MC breffis. This feels good :mrgreen:

Thank you so much!!!

I'm a verbal processor and so just talking it out makes sense and makes me feel better. And ultimately leads me to wise decisions that will make Moses feel better too :mrgreen:

Thank you so much!

I'll quickly update my SS.

18. Marvie and Tugger

I know the feeling =) I'm the same way!

Have a good day at work =)

19. Amy and Six

Nice shooting!

I was just thinking...you really worked this one out on your own, :D but like you and Marvie, I like to process verbally too.

Hope you have a good day - Moses too!

20. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Just to throw in my 2 cents...I would have shot full dose (I think you did, but I need to peek at ss). While it's much lower than he's been, these are beautiful numbers. Also, the lower the number, the less they can drop. Then, if I were nervous, I would adjust with food, depending on how nervous I was. Moses will eat if he feels that he needs to.

Have a good day.

21. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job Erica....hope you have a good day today....

22. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 4/5 Moses AMPS 188 +.5~196 +9~277

I'm back from work, Moses looks good. :mrgreen: And it was a good day at work, thanks everyone for your help and kindness!

I'll keep my eyes on him, he seems to be feeling better. Still quite sleepy these days. In the morning at his AMPS is probably the most active he gets, now. It's interesting that today, he seemingly has had the lowest +9 of this past week, with a 1u dose and MC versus just .75u dose and normal LC meals... hmm...

Oh, and Heather & Boo, I did end up shooting a full 1u, I'm sure you saw it in my SS. Yes, there's been some crazy numbers but it's all good data that I need to understand him better. :mrgreen:

23. Marvie and Tugger

You might do some food experimenting... play around with carb contents and see how they effect his numbers. I haven't had time to play with it much myself but I can tell that sometimes it makes a difference. I've added a few columns to our SS for food notes but Tugger has kept me hopping with his numbers and making me loose sleep a lot so I just haven't had the brain power to really work on it.

24. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

That is 100% understandable. I want to do as much as I can for Moses, but this right here is the best I can do for right now.

I might explore carb nutrition for him... He used to love those bagels. His favorite, no more :YMSIGH: lol

25. Marvie and Tugger

We all do the best we can with what we have available to us =) I'm lucky on one paw that I'm unemployed, so I have the time to focus on getting him healthy. On the other paw... not having that paycheck means the grocery budget has gotten mighty tiny because I keep dipping into it to buy new food or treats for Tugger lol. Hubby's gonna be home soon, so I'm going to have to start keeping real food on hand (not just pizzas and burritos lol) which means either I go back to work or hubby gets a second job if he wants to eat more than beans and potatoes :lol:

Tugger loved pasta when he was a young man, but over the years they all decided people food was Not For Cats. Except BB will very occasionally take a bit of deli turkey, the good stuff though not just plain old turkey lunch meat. Noooo the pretty princess must have the fancy pants turkey :roll:

Thank Bast for FDCC (freeze dried chicken crack) though because now they leave my sammiches alone ;)

26. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Erica & Moses :thumbup
    Just seein your post now -- as you know... caught up in my own nervousness today too! Looks like it worked out for both of us (((thankfully)))
    Moses is looking good in Blue for his AMPS #!! Yay!! :mrgreen:

27. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

What a day you had today--Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, and the cats just rile us up!!
    Glad you shot the full dose. as Moonie also doesnt hold decreases too well, so you did really great--
    Yes, maybe you could try the fat or skinny on the doses..It does make a difference with Moonie, but she is quite insulin sensitive(?) Is this an actual thingy?? :lol: But it usually does work with her--
    We usually do shaves with the mid & old timers, as a 0.25 + or - doesnt always work for us..

You did absolutely great today!! CHEERS TO YOU! :RAHCAT party_cat :RAHCAT :thumbup
    Hope you have a good ni ni!

28. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Whoa, Moses is cruising. He's like "Hello, I remember you, 1 unit. You're a good dose, I know how you move." dancing_cat

I still better catch a +4 of this dance, to make sure it's not too fast. I so appreciate the help here at Lantus Land :mrgreen: What would Moses and I do without our sugarkitties and sugar beans :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.