4/5 - Nova - AMPS=83, +1=106, PMPS=139, +3=140, +5=130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

yesterday's condo

Nova is same ol same ol. Happy, opinionated, and happy to be opinionated.

Isn't that AMPS an interesting surprise. Hope she wants treats, probably will be lots of tests today.

2. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 - Nova - AMPS=83

Great number for Nova! Exciting!

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay nice number for Nova! I am sure she won't like all the tests but the treats are a bonus, LOL! Hope the day goes good for you!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Terrific number for Nova today.
    So happy for you.
    Yay Nova wanting extra treats. She knows the score.

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, would ya look at that beautiful number! Good girl, Nova. :smile:

6. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/5 - Nova - AMPS=83, +1=106

106.. bah! I'm counting it as green as far as my "stay green for 24 hours and you get a bird feeder outside the window" deal with her :). 10 more hours to go!

7. Traci and Boomer

I had that deal too. It's the kind the suction-cups onto the window except I've been to cheap to fill it up with bird seed. I used to get all kinds of creatures on that. Raccoons too. It is great entertainment for him.

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Happy to be opinionated? That's a new one, bwahahahaha!

Nice pretty numbers. That 106 is a very greeny lookin' blue. All green and Nova gets a bird feeder? I hope she didn't read the condos last month because Lydia promised Basil a pony if I recall correctly. I wonder if Lydia kept her promise, hee, hee!

One day because the kids left the house door open - in flew a birdy. My cats went CRAZY. Running around chasing the flying bird who was trying valiantly to get out by merging through the glass windows. Unfortunately for the bird it couldn't melt through the glass. The kids were crying, "save the bird, oh please, save the bird!" They were sure my cats were going to eat the helpless bird. So on to the chase we went. Kids chasing me, I'm chasing cats, cats chasing bird.... chaos! I finally caught the bird in my hands gently and released the poor quivering thing unharmed. Everyone let out a sigh of relief... Except my two BIG kitties. They were pissed. They both looked at me like I had ruined their whole day. What had started out as SO much fun (for them) turned into an exercise in frustration as they watched their bird fly away outside. Hahaha!

So I really think you should get a real bird for Nova to chase around. She'll love ya' for it. Just make sure the bird has an escape route.

9. Dawn & Nova

Shortly after Jerry was dx with HCM.. I tried REALLY hard to get them on a raw diet.. I won't even go into the details of the extremes I went to, to try and convince them raw food was edible.. let's say I love my cats an awful lot, and it was disgusting and leave it at that..

Anyways, since then.. there hasn't been a single trip to the pet store that I haven't eyed the pet mice on the way to the cat food section..and wondered if it wiggled on it's own.. they might be tempted to eat it..

But I've never been able to talk myself into buying one.. See.. I'm a ugly-tarian.. and I won't eat any cute animals (also won't eat wild game, even if it is ugly).. so I can't talk myself into willingly feeding a cute mouse to my cats.. have to say the same rule would hold for giving them a chance at eating a cute bird.

10. Traci and Boomer

Have you ever heard of the book Wellesley the Owl? It's about the woman who adopts an owl and lives with it in her house. Owls only eat mice - that's it. They have to eat them and only them or DIE. She killed and fed mice to her owl every day. EEEEEWWWW. She seemed codependent with her owl - so much so that I thought it was borderline psycho and I had to put the book down. I also wanted to write to her and tell her she was nuts. :lol: I can mail it to you if you'd like to read it! Let me know. :lol:

11. Dawn & Nova

If I found out that one of my cats needed to eat freshly killed mice to live.. I'd sure as heck be wringing their little cute mouse necks myself if I had to.. wouldn't you?

12. Traci and Boomer

Cats are easier to live with than owls. They are pretty dangerous in the house. If you read this book you'd see how insane her life was. I don't know if I could kill mice or anything really even for a pet I loved. I can't clean Boomer's teeth either. I have my limits. This girl let her owl "mate" her on the arm because he considered her his mate. That's when I said "no more" this is completely creepy.

13. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/5 - Nova - AMPS=83, +1=106, +3=54

Okay.. that's a little creepy yeah :). I would kill for my cats if I had to (after going to extreme lengths for alternatives of course).. even people (if I didn't like them hahaha).. if I had to pick between a person I liked and one of my cats I would have to think about it ;). I draw the line at mating however hahaha.

So it looks like I may get to try the "do nothing for low numbers" experiment on Nova today.. although I did feed her the normal +3 snack of 1/4 can FF.. will see where she goes with that..

14. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/5 - Nova - AMPS=83, +1=106, +3=54, +5=45

Well I tried to get a +4..but she was on top of shelves in the basement where I couldn't reach without a ladder and I had a conference call.. I kept checking on her to make sure she was ok though..

45 @ +5.. I fed her some cooked chicken breast.. she usually gets a snack around +5 or +6 .. so no experiment today probably..

So.. keep plugging at 1U or try to find something between that and 0.9 or what?

Tomorrow and a few days next week I can't be home for the first half of her AM cycle (meetings I can't get out of.. and my HCM cat has his every 6 months tests... ugh. my wallet is screaming in pain already.. 4 figure "check ups" kinda suck :) )..

Anyways.. I'm thinking hold the 1U.. leave out lots of food tomorrow.. and see where she's at further in the week.. good idea? bad idea?

Edit: Nova just put my mind at ease about tomorrow.. 20 mins after +5.. MOMMY IM STAAAARRVING. hehehe.

Edit 2: 83 @ +6.. Noooooooooo.. I don't think she will hold the green until the end of her cycle.. sigh.. not looking good on the bird feeder front.

15. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 - Nova - AMPS=83, +1=106, +3=54, +5=45, +6=83

Nova doesn't really go to Rocketville... I think she should get the feeder if she stays under 150... or 180! Hey... someone has to side with the feline! :lol:

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice day for Nova (since you are all talking about mice...my girlfriend had to go weekly to the pet store years ago to get live mice....to feed the snake that her two sons had. UGH!!!! I think it ate one mouse each week and that was it. But the mouse would be a lump in the snake's throat for a couple of days. I had two daughters~the wildest we got was to have a golden retriever, a cat and 2 gerbils. Nix-o on the snake-o))

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I would try the reduction, if she doesn't bounce. Looks like she is probably ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.