4/5 Shadoe amps 274 pmps 281 +2~346 +4~346

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Shadoe

Yesterday's recap:
    265 - amps (2.5uLev)
    265 - +2
    270 - +5
    238 - +7
    324 - +11
    326 - pmps (2.5uLev)
    360 - +2
    313 - +4
    238 - +11
    274 - today's amps (2.5uLev)
    281 - pmps (2.75uLev)

No real improvement, more like she is more subdued. I have been bringing her the food to get her to eat; her appetite does no seem great. She's developed this habit of licking her lips alot when she looks at Oliver if he comes too close. She is getting better around him, provided he does not get too close or approaches her too quickly.

Her numbers are not improving so I increased her dose to 2.75u this pm; hopefully we can get down to the bloos again.

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Shadoe amps 274 pmps 281

Good luck with your dosecrease :mrgreen:

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hey Gayle,

I'm been meaning to post to you all day..."licking lips" can be a sign that they are not feeling well. In particular, it might point to pancreatitis. It might also explain why she's not eating well and why her numbers have gone up. See if you can get some feedback from some others who have had it - it's supposed to be very painful.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Heather,
    I am all too familiar with p-titis; Shadoe had a horrible attack in mid-Jan when I freaked on my vets office and they had to 'usher' me into one of the exam rooms.
    I had a run-in with the young vet, I call her the stupid vet also, when she told me I could just feed Shadoe a diff food and she would be better. That was after I said Shadoe was eating NOTHING! I don't think I will ever forgive her stupidity.
    I went home and then stormed back to the vets and the nice vet who did Shadoe's teeth and has been there for at least a decade, set me up with pain meds and fluids and nausea meds. I have been watching for the signs because they are still fresh in my mind.
    That's why I said it's more like a nervous thing when Oliver gets too close. She is eating and drinking water and not in any meatloaf position, so I am watching her like a hawk. Because I can't pill her now, I will have to get meds (got bupe last time) for any nausea , and I would get another bag of SQuids if needed.

She was really sick and so the first signs that it's back, I am at the vets demanding stuff.

The licking lips used to be accompanied with her ears flattening and disappearing into the top of her head when Oliver approached and a nice guttural growl thrown in for good measure. Now the growl is gone and the ears stay visible, but that licking lips still happens when he comes close. He makes her nervous, I think.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds as if you are watching her closely....and you do know her very well Gayle...it is a good thing that some of the signs are going away when it comes to her attitude towards Oliver. That's all good. Good luck with the increase :thumbup

6. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Good - I'm glad you're familiar with the signs and know what to look for. My dog had it once, but never the cats. I just have seen a bunch of posts about it and it always starts with "licking lips" and not eating. I hope she starts feeling better about Oliver soon.

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Shadoe amps 274 pmps 281 +2~346

Ugh. Nothing else to say about this number. Hopefully she'll drop a bit in an hour or so.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I don't know; I've got a bad feeling from these high flat numbers.
    Shadoe is happy as pie, but I don't want her to get used to these high pinks. We already went through that and it was a tough battle to get her to feel good about bloos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.