4/5 Tugger PMPS 65 +2 45 +3 59 +4 89

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11046&p=109980#p109980

I was a bad mom last night. I got +2 and +3 and went to bed... and stayed there till +10.5. I didn't even think about getting up to check him. He's doing well this morning, played with Echo while I fixed breffis and yelled at me when I took too long. I found him at pre-shot sitting in the sunny window watching birds so I tested him right there with the sun lighting up his ear =)

I did give him the 1.25 dose last night and this morning.

Now I guess he's going to supervise while I do some laundry ;)

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Tugger AMPS 81

That was the plan -- for you to sleep.
    Fantastic PS.
    Laundry is so much better when a cat is involved.

3. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/5 Tugger AMPS 81

I did need it that's for sure =) I feel much better this morning. Tugger seems to like these little doses he's gotten yesterday and today, but I think he's aiming a little lower still. Maybe. Just because I said it he'll change his mind ;)

I have five very excellent supervisors for laundry. It seems they are most interested in the sorting and the folding steps. I guess they are fairly confident I can handle the machines on my own but the sorting and folding requires close supervision. I also have a 6th supervisor but he's more of a road block or speed bump. He likes to plop his 130 pounds in between me and the dresser, usually when I'm not looking so that when I turn around to put something in the dresser I wind up falling sideways and either landing on him or falling into the dresser and doing injury to myself in the process lol. I've got to get it done though, hubby's clothes have been sitting in plastic totes for two years, they need a good washing before he starts wearing them again.

When I tell them Daddy will be home soon, all hell will break loose around here, so we're trying to keep that a secret for a bit longer. Problem is though, pretty soon I'll start doing things that will clue them in. By Wednesday they will figure it out, then I will have to hear the dog cry for three or four days and the cats will stalk me everywhere I go till I bring their daddy home.

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 4/5 Tugger AMPS 81 +2 68

Nice amps and+2 for Tugger this morning, Marvie. Please don't beat yourself up to much about the extra sleepus. We all need that some days. Does not make you a bad mama bean..makes you a well rested so that you can pay more attention to furries type of mama bean!

So, I guess I missed it, but where has hubby been for two years? I'm thinking you must be a little excited yourself that he is coming home :smile: I hope it's a happy homecoming!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great numbers!

Catsickles: You mix wet food with water until it's soupy/pourable. Dump the concoction into an icecube tray and freeze. Voila! Catsickles. They take about an hour or so at room temp to defrost unless you are making big cubes.

6. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Marvie and Tugger))) Tugger is looking soooooo good! Just curious why he was increased last night? You probably have said.. but I don't think I have visited your condo too much to date... I am just curious & still learning ;-)

Hope the laundry got done & I really wished you lived closer, I would bring mine over too :lol:

7. Marvie and Tugger

Heheh Frankly, it's too darn hot to be doing laundry and I almost didn't but the boy has a girl over. I do laundry a lot when he has a girl over because his room is right next to the laundry room so I have a good excuse for peeking in on them =)

Hubby has been stationed in Japan for two years. It was only supposed to be something like 9 months, but things happen and that changed. If he comes home Saturday like we're thinking (no confirmed flight info yet, waiting on the Navy) he will have been gone two years and two days. He's been home on leave a few times, but now it's time for him to move back in. I'm excited and nervous at the same time =) I've been the head of household for so long now it's going to be odd to share it. But I kind of can't wait to share some of it lol.

Catsicles might be good today... I might have to see if we still have those ice trays out in the garage! Thanks =)

Yesterday's dose was smaller in the AM because he was throwing me small numbers and I had to be gone all day, I would have given him 1.5 if I'd have been home to watch him. The 1.25 is the dose D said to give him last night, she said something about a sneak down dose. I'm not 100% clear on it all myself... I just do what I'm told right now :lol:

He's been threatening a decrease for days but just wasn't quite hitting the line. He may have earned it last night or today but I slept through all the checks last night and today I was out trying to find a window unit powerful enough to cool my giant living room with cathedral ceilings and skylights that opens to the dining room and kitchen. (Our central died and needs to be replaced but we haven't got $15,000 laying around to do that, so we're going with window units this summer while I figure something out.)

I'm about to move the laptop to the bedroom, where the a/c is already installed and running beautifully. Tugger and BB are already in there cooling off, I'm thinking I shall join them!

8. D and Noisy

It wasn't an increase -- the 1u shot in the morning was so Marvie could go out with comfort. The 1.25u is a decrease from the 1.5u Mr. T was at.

9. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/5 Tugger AMPS 81 +2 68 +8 61

I grabbed a +8 because Tugger was in the kitchen begging for food and it's gotten to be habit to test before giving him anything. Not telling what his numbers did in between those two checks but I know he laid on the bed in front of the air conditioner from +3-+8, he came out to eat and is now back in his spot which didn't even get a chance to cool off from his body heat lol.

10. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 4/5 Tugger AMPS 81 +2 68 +8 68

I like that your being sneaky in the laundry room. To spy :lol: These numbers are great! Good job!

Thanks for helping me today in my condo :mrgreen: I'm glad your experience yesterday helped me with mine today!

Thank you! cat_pet_icon

11. Marvie and Tugger

Hey that's what we're here for right? To learn from each other! Very happy to know that my crazy morning helped someone else NOT to have a crazy one =)

12. D and Noisy

ENGAGE ANTI JINX -- me thinks your not going to have to worry too much about that three day outing. :mrgreen:

13. Marvie and Tugger

I'm going to start getting my hopes up if you start saying stuff like that :mrgreen: But he does have me wondering if I should get him a refill on his meds or not. The vial will be a month old soon, but there's a crapload left in it and so far it seems to be ok. I've got to go to the vet to get a new script if we are going to have to replace it, so I'll ask for the cartridges... I just know if I don't buy more I will regret it and if I do buy it, he won't need it. Maybe that's why I keep looking at Venita's adoption pages... someone really should stop me lol.

14. D and Noisy

Get more. We don't want to risk juice going dead. Better safe than sorry at this stage of the game.
    You'll be able to help another cat, I have one in mind -- if you don't. When Noisy got sick and put on steroids I bought a five cart pack, figuring he'd come out of remission, he never did so I gave it to a kitty who Noisy loved.

ETA: PS now we can't talk about it anymore, k.

15. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

DO IT! DO IT DO IT DO IT! :) (That was me trying to stop you.. just try to imagine the encouraging you to version :) )

16. Marvie and Tugger

*lips locked* I will go to the appointment and get more =)

ROFL Dawn. I probably shouldn't look but... I have even taken to checking our local shelters etc. to see if there are FD kitties nearby who need a new home. Hubby is open to it, we were <--------> that close to trying to get Peaches in CT but someone got there first. I need another four legged kid about like I need to be a grandma (which is to say... not AT ALL) but my heart is calling out. It's just a matter of waiting for a kitty to answer =)

17. Dawn & Nova

Meh when you have 5.. how much work is one more ;).. plus the hubby will be home soon, can teach him how to test.. I think you should go for it :).. bet there's a kitty out there right now about to be free'd from his or her crappy parents and find a furever home with you. :)

As for the refilling his meds.. I never actually finish a pen off all the way. When I get down to around 20 or 30 units left, I start a new pen and switch out my old backup.. I'm pretty sure if I DIDN'T have a backup.. that would be the day I'd drop the f'n thing for sure, it would break.. and I'd look at the clock and see its 3 minutes before shot time..

I know you are an over-planner like me.. go get the extra pens.

18. Dawn & Nova

Hmm isn't there a bunch of cats on DCIN that are only a couple states away? Your states are so itty bitty, 2 away isn't far!

19. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Marvie, just wanted to stop by and say hi, looks like we are having a similar day number wise, I swear they are communicating!!! Don't feel bad about getting some sleep, I am sure you need it! As someone who hardly ever sleeps I know the feeling. I actually got 5 solid hours last night which is a first in such a long time! It was nice! How exciting for you that your hubby is coming home, I can't believe it has been 2 years! What an adjustment this will be for your household! Well hope you have a great day!

20. Marvie and Tugger

Yeah, I figured I'd feel safer having them on hand anyway. I can always do as D said and give them away to needy kitties if we don't need them and just keep one new one for "in case insurance" along with a script that can be refilled if needed.

Honestly, I think Bella is the only cat I have ever gone looking for. I really didn't go looking for her either though. I went to the SPCA to look at a great dane to be a companion for Boomer but it has two holds on it already. On the way out I walked through the cat rooms and on the way out I filled out the paperwork for Bella. Every other cat I've ever had has come to me in some way. Tux and Tugger came to us in their mamacat's belly when she adopted hubby. We named her Shadow not because she was as black as night but bc she followed him everywhere he went. She was Craig's Shadow. She gifted us with the boys, then hubby brought home BB a couple of months later. Echo is our little foundling, and even Boomer sort of fell into our lap. We hadn't started dog shopping yet but knew we were going to be very soon, then a friend says "I know a girl who wants to sell a 14 month old GD" and a week later he came home with us. So I guess whenever we open ourselves up to adding another member to our family, the word gets out somehow, because the spot always gets filled and we never have to work too hard at it ;)

21. Marvie and Tugger

Actually, there's a kitty in Georgia named Bean who I've been eyeballing a bit. We'll be down there next month... but I'm open to whoever wants to come live with us =)

22. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Tugger keeps behaving himself for you cat_pet_icon

23. Dawn & Nova

That little guy is cute ;).. he needs a new name though.. like Velociraptor! (that made the final choices list for naming Hitch hehe).. I think you should email DCIN and let them know that you'd be open to picking up one more.. whether it bean or someone else.. maybe the cat isn't meant to show up at your door.. maybe finding out that FD is manageable and figuring you can handle/want another is enough of a knock on the door by itself.

Of course.. my method is to walk into the animal shelter and ask for whoever is next on "the list".. and that seems to be working pretty good so far too ;). They always explain "well you have to meet them.. this cat doesn't like people so its not very likely they'll bond with you, they've been introduced to X people and didn't like any of them".. every single one of them mooshed all over me the second they met me.. cats can smell a sucker a mile away!

24. D and Noisy

Re: 4/5 Tugger PMPS 65

Watch this cycle -- surf Tugger.
    Think he's ready for the next SDD, possibly tomorrow AM.
    He is racing down the ladder.
    GO TUGGER GO.

25. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Twinkie and Beasley! If you're ready for one, then how much more trouble could two be? :lol: I'm so in love with those boyz, but I can't have them.

Go Tugger!

26. Marvie and Tugger

I told Venita when Peaches was already adopted that I'm open to any other kitty who needs a new forever home or even a foster home. It'll happen =) Maybe I just need to get Tugger straightened out first, I've got a lot more to learn that's for sure =) Tugger's running down the ladder so quickly though, I'm not really getting a chance to absorb much from my experience with him. I'm just kind of holding on for dear life :lol:

I'm just really really glad this place exists so we have each other to cry to and celebrate with and learn from. FDMB RAWKS!!!

27. Marvie and Tugger

I got stuck with the kitten on my shoulder while typing the last message and just gave up and hit submit because the mouse was the only thing I could reach. I had to wait for the boy to come out and pluck the 9 pound kitten off my shoulder to be able to type anymore :lol:

D do you want me to post a bit early in the morning so you can see his pm numbers before deciding about the SDD? I'll be shooting ten mins before 8am so I can post his +11 and whatever numbers we see tonight?

I really think telling him how tiny his dose is getting is helping. When he plopped over today I said "Tugg, dude, this is almost nothing we're shooting here. Keep up these greens and before long we won't be shooting at all. Wouldn't you like that? No more shots would be pretty awesome. I don't think you need this crap anymore, really, I think you just like the attention you've been getting at FDMB. But I'm pretty sure they'll let us hang out even if you don't need this crap anymore."

LOL Libby. I'm not sure what hubby'd say about that! Peaches was an easy sell. I just showed him her picture and said "she was about to be PTS and she's 16 years old..." and he cut me off to say "Yes, dear. Do what you have to do." But to add *two* more boys to this already male heavy house.... I personally think we need another girl just to even things out. If I were to take the boys then I'd have to take THREE girls to balance things out and I am pretty darn sure he'd say no to that :lol:

28. D and Noisy

You could post early or update ss -- I'm often poking around in T's ss when I haven't seen an update. :D

29. Marvie and Tugger

I do try to do the ss even if I don't stop long enough to post here, so I'm glad to know that =) I figured it would be a good idea to have Andria update it yesterday too, so I gave her editing access as well as left the page open on my laptop for her. I was happy to see she even left notes and remarks =) She's an awesome PS. I'm so very happy that we found her. Even happier that she lives so close! I had her keep my keys so now I always have an emergency backup shooter and tester. I've also been training my sis in a roundabout way, because she has a key and could come in a real pinch. I've printed enough information and photos and she's watched enough that she could figure out what she hasn't seen. It's that over-planner in me lol. I can't help myself.

I laughed when I read yesterday's condo back, somehow I missed all the stuff y'all posted while I was gone so when I wrote that I was back I hadn't seen any of that.

I will have y'all know I did not leave a trail of plates from the bed to the kitchen (not that the thought did not cross my mind) but only because the dog would have nommed the food and left nothing behind but slime. I did however leave printed notes and instructions taped to every counter door at eye level. I left more than enough cans of food for her to give them and I think just one or two more plates on the floor than usual. They didn't eat it, or much of anything I left for her to feed them. Like the dog, they didn't want to eat till I got home. Tugger did eat while she was here though so I was content with that... once I knew it was past +6 nailbite_smile I did feel a lot better once I came back and got his +3 myself and saw that he was not dropping at the moment. Which made it so much easier to drive those skinny, winding roads the entire way down there. Nerves+Marvie+not wide roads+big honkin' minivan.... would be bad math. Very bad math.

30. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

My vote is for you to get more juice and then another kitty. Twinkie and Beasley would be a great pair or any of the kitties Venita has.
    I have to say that Oliver is awesome and I am so happy about adopting him from Venita's crew of available cats.
    Go ahead now, take another look at those adorable kitties.

31. Dawn & Nova

Those "twins" are dang cute too.. doesn't need to be a boy girl balance.. more boys = more slave labour! Nova and I have 2 boy kitties to do all the guard-dogging and killing bad guys.. it's our job to hang around and look pretty :).

32. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/5 Tugger PMPS 65 +2 45

Sooooo .75 in the morning? Darn good thing you said to watch him this cycle D! I was a few minutes late getting the test as it was because I was on the phone with the guy who is not only selling me two big window a/c units but is going to help me install them for cheeeeeeeep. Two reasons to celebrate tonight!

33. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Holy Schmoly...there it IS!

This boy was on 4.5 U Insulin like 2 weeks AGO!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable...like a crater.

he means serious business.

You GOooooooo Tugger!!!

are you feeding at this point? and what?

34. Marvie and Tugger

Forgot to add that I fed him some gravy on his food. He's loving life right now =)

Also, in the kitchen earlier I could tell he was feeling good. He was yelling at me for attention and when I looked down at him he was flicking just the end of his tail. I said "You're up to something aren't you dude?" *flickflickflick*
    He was totally feeling frisky lol. I should have poked him then but I got distracted by something.

35. Marvie and Tugger

I gave him the gravy from some 9lives tender nibbles with real chicken and gravy and Tux and the others get the nibbles or most of them. I keep a spoonful of the food back in case I have to feed him up again.

36. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations, they do love to hover just at the brink to taunt us an when we're about to tear out hair out, POW.

37. Marvie and Tugger

I was thinking about getting a +2 and going to bed and as I walked back there I remembered D said "watch this cycle." I get in there and get set up, he's laid out perfectly. Just as I'm ready to reach for im he decided he was not comfortable there, oh noooo, the middle of the bed would be much better. So I grab the meter and the poker and I climb up to the middle of the king sized bed, where just as I sat down, Tugger decided the bottom left corner would really be the perfect spot for Mom to do his test. Damn cat made me crawl across the entire bed, waiting just long enough for me to lay out the meter and the cotton ball and reach for his ear before he'd flick his tail and just get up and walk off. When he finally settled on the corner of the bed, I looked at him with all the stuff in my hand and asked "You ready yet?" *flickflickflick* Yeah, I had to be all Stern Mom at him. lol like that works. I got the test because he was tired of his little game :lol:

38. bettyandhank

So do you really think he likes the way 40's make him FEEL? Totally Freaks me out...I never considered it was a feel good number for THEM!

I'm expecting they are hyperventilating or laying down with a little wet towel draped across their heads.. But NOoooooo, he's dancing and flick, flicking his tail.

I guess if they are supposed to look drunk (antijinx, antijinx) then maybe it is like a buzz and may feel good...at least in the beginning or when it's on the mild side. Wonder how Stu's 23 felt??? I woulda been a total wreck on that!

39. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

What a day Marvie
    I just sat and read from beginning to end.
    All this chatter, husband coming home, possibly a new addition and bang
    here is Tugger at 45.
    Another boy running down that ladder.
    I wonder if there was something in these new pens.
    Good luck with the new decrease tomorrow. This is so exciting.

Oh and about Beasly and Twinkie, I have them on my save a cat on FB.
    Too handsome and too sad to split them up. :)

40. bettyandhank

And orange boys are THE BEST...we can vouch for that, huh, Randi?

41. Marvie and Tugger

I don't know... but I've noticed every time he hits 40's he gets silly. 50's to 100 he's playful, but it's a bit different. When he hits the 40's he's wanting to play with me, slapping at my leg when I walk by or grabbing the tie from my bathrobe when I walk past and it floats over him (he generally ignores it)

Tonight wasn't him trying to avoid being poked, his ears weren't laid flat or anything like the signals he gives when he's really avoiding. He was playing a game.

He also stalks me when he's going to drop. Not sure if it's been every time, but I've noticed it the past two or three times. Wherever I am, he's right near by. Last time he was very needy, wanting something but I couldn't figure out what. Tonight he just quietly stalked me till I turned on the TV and he could see I was set to hang out for a while, then he went to bed. (maybe about +1.5ish)

I'm gonna bust your theory on the pens... we're using a vial right now. I'm going with my car ride threat ;) I think that's what did it, Tugger read "18 hours in a car" :shock: said "oh hell no" and proceeded to show me he will *not* need to make any sort of car ride.

My kids all know I don't make idle threats. :mrgreen: We don't talk about the summer the kid got in biiiiiiiiig trouble in Germany. I told him he'd spend the summer on hard labor.... not my fault he chose to make it so. We had the cleanest basement on post that summer and to this day he says the smell of dish soap reminds him of that.

Oh I know all about orange boys! I haz one. He's the reason I was stuck in an odd position earlier. I keep trying to tell him he's not a parrot and he is no longer the tiny baby who fit in the palm of my hand. He now weighs 9 freaking pounds at 9 months old(ish). Not a parrot but an orange menace lol.

42. Marvie and Tugger

Memory problem with the +3 it was 59 not 54 ohmygod_smile Not that it makes that much difference, but for accuracy's sake... =)

I'm happy with this number, so I'm going to go take a quick bath to rinse the sweat of the air-conditionerless day off of me and then I am going to bed. I'm comfortable with this number that I don't think I'll set an alarm to get up in the night. There's enough lc food left on the floor to get them through the night. They're all pretty satisfied with the junk food they had earlier :smile: I should get a good night's sleep.

43. bettyandhank

There's a quick turnaround. He hit his number, got his decrease..and went on down the road.

That's a good soldier taking care of business.

Now you can get some good sleep, Marvie.

G'nite!

betty

44. D and Noisy

Meet ya in today's new condo but want to go with 1u (not 0.75u) -- 0.75u is that bean sneak down I've seen before -- it seems to be working well. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.