4/6 Arnie AMPS 291

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by arniesdad, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arniesdad

arniesdad Well-Known Member

Still not good! To answer the last question in yesterday's condo..No Arnie is an inside cat and NEVER goes outside and there is no way he got into anything inside either. I believe it is one of 2 things..either he did drop too low yesterday and this was rebound OR this lantus has lost it's punch. Today is day 30 on this cartridge so I am overdue..although I have gotten almost 60 days out of a cartridge in the past. Friday I will get the new batch of insulin when I get paid. I just bought 200 syringes, 100 strips, 2 cases of FF, and kitty litter and Friday I have to buy insulin so I REALLY DO NOT WANT to have to take him to the vets unless it is 100% necessary. I LOVE my boy but he is costing me a fortune and there are things that I want and need that I am not buying because all of my extra money is going on him. I will test a few times before tomorrow and see how his numbers are. If they get worse I guess I can not avoid another vet bill but I must try to avoid it if at all possible. :-| :YMSIGH:

2. arniesdad

from yesterdays condo:

do you have your AMPS yet? I didn't see a new condo yet.

IMHO, you have to consider that this could have been a hypo and reduce the dose. Better safe than sorry, especially as busy as you are.Libby and Lucy

I am hoping you are right Libby. I will watch him carefully today and lower the dose if he drops low...but if he stays up there or goes higher I will have to assume it is another problem and take him to the vets tomorrow morning.

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I think if it was dead insulin you would have seen it as it was losing its punch. Typically, it doesn't go from good to dead -- unless it got frozen (which has happened here.)
    My gut feels he went too low and when you start the new insulin a reduction should occur.
    I understand about not wanting to go to vet an the $. Keep your eyes out for ANY behavior that is different and post it -- great your around for the next two days.

Noisy's rebound could last over 48 hours and I have seen some people write that it can last up to 72 hours.

4. arniesdad

I know it didn't get frozen so I am thinking you are right. He went too low yesterday and this is classic rebound! All I can do now is wait and see and hope we are right. And maybe..just maybe get some sleepus :roll:

5. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Bob))) (((Arnie))) I hope things improve today and no vet visit for Arnie.

Sherry & Zoe

ps..did you see the shuttle launch yesterday?? I did and thought it was awesome.

6. arniesdad

Thanks Sherry :smile: I sure did see it. I got to watch the shuttle launch from the roof of the Hilton in Daytona..16+ stories off the ground it was AWESOME! Don't tell my boss I was up there though! :lol:

7. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: Paws crossed that Arnie went low and gets a reduction.Tell him him how happy that will make Dad. cat_pet_icon

8. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

I won't tell! We watched from our driveway with the neighbors....even from SW Florida, still an amazing sight to see.

I hope Arnie is doing better, now. cat_pet_icon

Sherry & Zoe

9. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

This can't be Arnie's condo. Hope he feels ok. I'm sure you'll get him back on track.

10. arniesdad

Re: 4/6 Arnie PMPS 173

Yes I think we are getting back on track! This is more like a normal PMPS number. Hopefully it will be LOWER in the morning! :thumbup

11. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

This is great to see. Today seems much better.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I really think you need to reduce the dose, Bob. If this was a hypo situation, which definitely looks likely to me, for Arnie to have bounced that high, he must have been very, very low. He hasn't done that in a long time. Please reduce?

13. arniesdad

+8 this morning he is at 251. Libby I hear what your saying and I agree but I don't think we want to reduce until the numbers get back to where they were at least. I will see what they are this morning and tonight and if they continue to drop we will reduce tomorrow morning, maybe even tonight depending on the numbers. Tomorrow I start back on both jobs for five days but I can still get checks at AMPS then +5 when I get up for job #1 then PMPS (between jobs) and finally a +9 when I get home the next day. So even though I will be gone or sleeping most of the time I can still get in 4 tests a day when needed.
    Friday he will get NEW insulin so I know he will need a reduction by then. I just don't want to jump the gun and have him start climbing higher again.

14. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Bob because you really have no idea how low Arnie went and it can take up to 72 hours for a bounce to clear please reduce his am dose even if the numbers are high this morning. He will clear the bounce even on the reduced dose. It really is better for him to be high than it is for him to go so low that he has symptoms like he did yesterday.
    It is better for you to see how he responds to the new dose especially since you will be going back to both jobs tomorrow.

15. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Bob I think I would go back to 1.25 you were only on this dose for a day then went up to 1.50 Stick with this dose for a while and see what it can do. Plus I do think your 31 day old insulin has something to do with the numbers (just my opinion) Since you're getting new insulin Friday lets just have Arnie be safe just in case he is dropping too low on the higher dose. How does this sound?

16. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Bob I think I would go back to 1.25 you were only on this dose for a day then went up to 1.50 Stick with this dose for a while and see what it can do. Plus I do think your 31 day old insulin has something to do with the numbers (just my opinion) Since you're getting new insulin Friday lets just have Arnie be safe just in case he is dropping too low on the higher dose. How does this sound?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.