4/6 Buzz PMPS: 262, +2: 233, +3: 132, +4.5: 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11191

WCR: Buzz is feeling good today. She chased her brother up and down the stairs a few times, and he didn't know what was going on. ;) It's usually the other civie who plays with him. This is the first time in quite awhile that her SS has seen green, so I am hoping she doesn't bounce for days and days from it. I am feeling good, too; it's 83 and sunny today! I feel like spring passed us by for summer, though.

My question is just to make sure I'm on track with the dosing and doing the right thing. I just sort of feel like I've been bumbling along for a couple of weeks now and I'm not sure if Buzz's patterns are okay or good or bad or what. I guess my main question is: Can rebound really last this long? She had a 63 on 4/3, then 4 cycles of pink and yellow (and a couple of blues) and now this. Is that normal? (I know, there really is no "normal" with FD) I guess I sort of feel like I'm falling down on the job and just want to make sure I'm doing things okay.

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Buzz AMPS: 297, +4: 62, +5.5: 61/Dosing question

Hi Sarah,

My understanding is that rebound may last up to 72 hours... which is pretty much what is happening with Ms. Buzz..... I've been told about 1 million times what lantus is not based on PS numbers, so as long as you are having greens on action cycles, you are at the right dose. Does that make sense?

The one thing that I note from the SS is the steepness of the action. Meaning that the onset is ... somewhat brutal. IMO that if the initial drop could be softened a touch, perhaps Buzz wouldn't be so extreme bouncy.... but again... it's only my opinion.

Keep up the green Buzz! :mrgreen:

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Newbie here with no dosing advice. But I like that green. :mrgreen: And I love the image of Buzz chasing Cricket up & down the stairs.

I'm jealous of your 83 and sunny. It's 44 here, cloudy and windy.

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi sarah. i agree with helene about softening the drop. a good way to do that is to divide up buzz's meal into 3 or 4 mini-meals/portions and feed them at shot time, +1, +2, & +3. as for dose... this is cycle 6 on this dose. i'd give it another few cycles before increasing to see if the numbers improve. if you don't see the whole range coming down, i think you can increase ever so slightly by taking buzz up to 0.75 unit since you're testing so much. it's not a big leap, but maybe it'll be enough to pull the whole range down. however, you'll have to use food manipulation as i described if you choose to increase slightly. otherwise, buzz will take a nose dive on you.

5. Sarah and Buzz

Ok, great, thanks guys! :) Jill, just to be clear on the food: I should feed her shot-time meals in 4 smaller parts, plus the normal meal at +6 but not break those two meals up? She currently eats QID. I will try that tonight at shot time.

+7 is 71 so nice surf today!

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah, Stu started today following Jill's recommendations about breaking up the morning meal into 4 smaller meals. (But today I goofed and only divided it in half!). I hope that Buzz and Stu will have success with this approach. Today I bought a "Petsafe" automatic feeder for days when we won't be home. Good luck to you and Buzz!

Ella & Stu

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

that sounds fine. you may have to tweak the timing. the plan is just a starting point. you may have to do a little experimenting because ECID.
    the idea is to keep food coming through onset in order to blunt those drops and flatten out the curve. don't worry if initially the numbers run a bit higher. we can always add a little onto the dose in order to bring the whole range down.

nice +7!

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Buzz AMPS: 297, +4: 62, +5.5: 61, +7: 71

Looking good in here! :thumbup

9. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 4/6 Buzz AMPS: 297, +4: 62, +5.5: 61, +7: 71

I think I am going to feed at +2, +3, and probably +4, skipping the +1. Her food spike usually lasts into the second hour, which I why I don't usually test before +3 unless there are special circumstances (a low PS, etc.). I'll see how that goes and adjust as needed. I'm going to have a hard time convincing my fiance of this plan when he gets back from his trip. He already thinks we feed them around the clock. ;)

PMPS: 262 (not quite as high of a bounce, yippee!!)

Ella, I'll be watching Stu's SS to see if you guys have success with the feeding plan too. :) Buzz likes company in these experiments, so she was happy Stu is doing it too. She also likes food, so she's pretty much the happiest cat on the block right now. ;)

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/6 Buzz PMPS: 262

It sounds like you've got a good plan for steering the numbers with food. I'll be interested to see how it works for Buzz.

11. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 4/6 Buzz PMPS: 262, +2: 233, +3: 132

+2: 233 (fed 2nd 1/4 of PMPS meal)
    +3: 132 (fed 3rd 1/4)

Nice drop so far! Still dramatic from +2 to +3 but not nearly as steep as before. :)

12. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Buzz PMPS: 262, +2: 233, +3: 132

Wow Buzzweena, looking good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.