4.6 Frankie PMPS 356

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jay, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Member

2. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Re: 4.6 Frankie +11 147 AMPS 136

Morning Jay, to me it looks like this dose is starting to show some good numbers for Frankie. If you think 136 is too low for your comfort zone give him 2.5 and leave food out. Start taking a peek at others SS and see how their cats are doing, its good information.

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Are you still home?
    This is the setup you want. You want flat numbers. Lantus isn't PZI (not that I know PZI) Lantus loves a starting number like this.
    Oh, I hope your home and reconsider shooting.

"How much does one reduce a dose? By 1/2, by a full unit? by 2 full units?"

I would not shoot less than 2.25u -- I think you really should shoot his normal dose. Janice's 2.5u is even better than the 2.25u.

4. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jay,

What I would have done if I felt uncomfortable..and this is me, is what you said. At least for this first time. Give 1.5 or 2U . What you can live with. Like D said, look and see what other people do...that's why we link our charts! Better some insulin than none, and leave food out. You can take a can of ff and put it in a bowl, mix it with 1/2 can water, mix it up and freeze the night before in a sandwich size baggie. Empty it out before you go to work. One for Chubbs too! They'll have food for half the day at least (with Alex I'm sure it's gone as soon as it defrosts).
    Chances are slim to none that he will be in any danger. You've fed him and you're shooting a reduced dose for a number that will happen in 2 or three hours, not the 136 that you saw. Does this make sense?

5. Jay

Jay Member

I gave him a shot of 1 unit before I left. Not even sure if it got in.

I just got into my office from meetings this morning.

Food is always left out. If they dont chow/scarf down (which hasnt happened in a very long time) their food, it stays out.

6. Jay

Jay Member

Didnt see this till just now 12:06 PM EST.

What is done is done for the day. He'll be smiling at me when I walk in the door and the smile will turn to a snarl when I put out a can of food that he doesnt absoultely love. (I'm still looking for the "holy grail" of low carb wet)

7. Jay

Jay Member

Funny..the assumption is that I have sandwhich size baggies in the apt. Right now, there is more cat food then people food. My cooking skills are good however I dislike cleaning up afterwards and one of my pet peeves is going food shopping. ( I always end up on the wrong line, and wait and wait and wait, or if I'm on the right line, the person in front of me wants to pay by check which is another line and then wait some more for a mgr...you know) The boyz eat better then I do (assuming they eat) Me, as I hardly go to the supermarket, I do one of the 4 major food groups, fast, frozen takeout/delivery and going out to eat.

8. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

So get some. with a ziplock top! :D

9. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Dang, you eat like I do. Sadly, I've taught my teen to eat like this too over the past two years. I just hope I remember *how* to cook real food cuz I'm pretty sure hubby's going to want real food not fast/frozen food. (Though, I'm not sure I can afford to feed him since 80% of the grocery budget this past month went on cat food and another 10% to the brat's school lunch fund... good thing he's still on a ship and can get at least two meals a day there :lol: )

I agree 136 is a very nice PS number, I'd feel comfortable leaving Tugger home alone with that one at least. I don't get nervous about leaving him till his PS is in the 70's or 80's and even those don't stress me too bad. It's the 60's and under that I don't want to leave him untested/unwatched. But I've been poking him incessantly for weeks to try to learn how his numbers flow and to try to work with them instead of fighting them. I tell you though, I was so stressed out leaving him on Sunday, even with a sitter who learned to test. I was wishing for a PS just like Frankie's 136 but I woke up to 70's and he dropped 20 points in an hour, nailbite_smile the little booger. :lol: I gave him a reduced dose and he still surfed close to low all day. Just enough to keep my mind on him the entire time I was away. I swear they do it on purpose.

10. Jay

Jay Member

Yep,.they all do it on purpose. I think they have this secret communication system set up, and talk to each other and scheme, and plot, and plan as to how they can drive us nutz, one bean at a time.

11. Jay

Jay Member

I guess 1 unit wasnt enough.

But, I did come home and of course he was sleeping, so was Chubby, which is a far better then the alternative

12. Marvie and Tugger

Well, now you know how much is not enough. That's probably handy information to have. You'll have him feeling better in no time =)

13. Jay

Jay Member

he better feel better or I'll kill him.

I'm starting to sound like my parents...sheesh

14. Marvie and Tugger

Hehehe Don't feel bad, I sound like my parents too. Every time I talk to my almost 16 yr old bean brat. Sometimes when talking to the various furry brats too ;) Hope Frankie is feeling better today, will check your new condo soon =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.