4/6 Kitty AMPS 95, +6 72, PMPS 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11157

Yay, great start to the day!

Had such a rough time feeding him yesterday. I opened several types of food, which he rejected -- and then couldn't get him to eat his usual food either. Today, sweet DH went to an out-of-the-way story to buy Evo 95%. And then I saw Ann's message this morning:

I'll try the Evo 95% in a small quantity.

Ann, what is the CC you mentioned?

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Kitty AMPS 95

CC is Cowboy Cookout. Definitely a non Tess food, she doesn't seem to like things w/ beef.

3. Ann & Tess GA

I haven't seen the number for ByNature, just know that others have fed them successfully and on the one canI tried Tess didn't spike and she can on just slightly higher carb foods. ByNature have another variety call Goldleaf Selects, in a 3oz. tub w/ sauce. I haven't worked up the nerve to try that yet. Any sauce scares me, but the ingredients look good.

4. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice day for Kitty! Come on and help mama by eating Kitty! Scrabble eats anything I put in front of him, guess I am lucky in that aspect!

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Kitty is looking very nice today.
    I see the drop measuring is holding well for you.
    Big thumps up Kathy!!!!

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Another great start to the day!

7. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Kathy & Kitty..
    Droppin thru to show support & encouragment.. great AMPS # :thumbup
    Good luck with trying new foods... I have the two pickiest kitties in the entire world I think. They both will eat Chicken & Turkey Wellness, but Baby is on Raw exclusively when I am home -- I wish they both were, but Sadi stands her ground & is not about to eat Raw, neither liked Cowboy Cookout & neither like ByNature... but I still try the higher qualites for variety. Have a great afternoon :D

8. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 4/6 Kitty AMPS 95, +6 72

See how good his numbers are when there's no nasty new-label FFF in his sytem???? flip_cat

Tonight we'll try Evo. Worried about the fat/protein ratio. Let's hope we find SOMETHING he likes.

9. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I didn't really understand the food issues when I first joined the board because my kitties all seemed so happy to be eating wet food. NOW I understand...certain ones get picky about certain foods, refuse to eat, I'd prefer to feed them the Wellness and Evo, but they won't touch it now unless it's mixed with some Friskies and sometimes that doesn't do the trick.

If you've answered this before...just ignore this question...but have you tried Friskies? I mix a can of Friskies with the Wellness. Poultry Platter, Liver and Chicken, Mixed Grill...I forget what else is on the list. Not perfect, but it's working right now in our house.

I've also resorted to using Forti Flora to sprinkle on the food, but that can be pricey too (but with one cat you could make it the sachet stretch).

I hope you are able to find something that works for Kitty. These numbers are looking pretty good on the new dosecrease.

Squeezes to Kitty from me!

10. Kathy and Kitty

Amy, interesting suggestion about the Friskies. If you look in the Health Forum, you may see the thread about Fancy Feast... and people who fed Friskies said the same thing, that their kitties were suddenly rejecting Friskiers. (Both are made by Purina.)

So I have not considered Friskies as an alternative -- but maybe I should. Kitty has never eaten it, so if the taste has changed, he wouldn't notice. Maybe it's a way to get him to transition to Evo or Wellness.

I know that Evo and Wellness are considered higher-quality food than FF or Friskies -- but a cat's gotta eat!

BTW, I sprinkle Halo Liv-a-Little chicken treats -- aka "chicken dust" -- on his food when he isn't eating well. I've gotten several meals of FF into him just by seasoning the food as he eats it.

Spoiled?? Not my squeezeable baby! :mrgreen:

11. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

such nice numbers ...

12. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Great numbers Kathy!! My guys are FF fans all the way--I will however, go to a petsmart(about 10-12 miles away) & try that Sophistacat, or maybe some that were mentioned here..They just love ff & I even use ff mc flavors when Moonie drops.
    Kitty is doing great! :mrgreen:

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Kitty is looking good! I wonder also about the high fat content of Wellness and Evo. I had bee giving it to my two and Raja's cholesterol was high recently....so I switched to SophistaCat Supreme and they like that now....and are rejecting the two flavors of FF that I have left...

14. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I think I'm in that boat...we just started to introduce the Friskies into their diet maybe 4-6 weeks ago so they don't know what it tasted like before. I finally gave up on just the Wellness/EVO because after 4-6 weeks on it too many of our kitties just stopped eating. And like you said...a kitty has got to eat!

15. Ann & Tess GA

Have you considered raw? Either the commercial stuff or make your own? No one close here carries it, but just to see I gave her a few cubes of raw chicken while we were cooking. She inhaled it and chunks are supposed to be good for their teeth too. You need to add supplements for total diet, but as a snack it's great. I think someone mentioned an all in one supplement here recently and there is the Wild Kitty ad at the bottom of the page.

16. Kathy and Kitty

Hooray!

Fed FF Tender beef overnight, because I wanted to be sure he ate.

Tonight, I tried first can of Evo 95%, Chicken&Turkey -- mixed with some FF Chicken Feast. He ate it up!

So at shot time, I prepared the same mixture -- cold now, so I heated it up. :-Q

These cats are so FICKLE!!!!!

I'll keep trying with the Evo, though. And maybe I'll try the Wellness again, with a mixture.

My quest to feed continues. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.