4/6 Moses PMPS 326 +3.5~134

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11122

Just got home from work. Moses looks good :mrgreen:

He had a nice, low AMPS this morning. Like yesterday, I wanted to make sure he was safe while at work. So I mixed a little gravy in with LC breakfast. If he's blue tomorrow, I'll give him just LC and be home to test and monitor. :mrgreen:

We'll see what adventures lie ahead for us today. It's a beautiful day today.

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Moses AMPS 178 +3~294

Hi Erica,

Moses's onset is very strong. From your SS it appears that PSs + 3 = 1/2 of PS or so... very rough calculations, pls do not base your taxes on this type of accounting.... :lol:

Any chance you can feed less at the meal and serve a large snack at like PS + 1.5 to soften the drop?
    Also, given the speed of the descent, when you are home and when you can, and when the drop is significant, it would be helpful if you could sneak in additional tests... do you hate me yet?

What do you think?

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Moses AMPS 178 +3~294

Hi Erica....Hi Moses.....hope you are having a good day!

4. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 4/6 Moses PMPS 326

And we're back, dinner time! I wear a bracelet during testing that jingles. So if I get excited and run off after injection, thinking "we're done!" then I look down and see my big bracelet and I'm like "aha!" and remember to feed Moses. As he angrily but oh so patiently waits by his bowl. :mrgreen:

No dinner forgotten, Moses!

Helene & Tizon, there's no way I hate you, lol. This is good info. Here's what I think about snack time: Moses is a grazer. When I set down the food bowl, sometimes he takes a big bite and leaves, other days he scarfs. He might not touch his food until +3 time, it's hard to say. And when you mention a +1.5 snacktime, you mean after AMPS, right? I typically work from his +1 to +8, so regular snacks might be difficult.

And, I would definitely like to get more tests :mrgreen: I have tomorrow off, so I might try to get a random PM shot tonight and a mini curve tomorrow.

5. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Tizon is also a grazer and mini meals idea are good for the overall system - as the pancreas doesn't get overloaded by a large turkey dinner! :D

I work too and I understand that feeding arrangements are challenges. The only thing I could really control was meal time - specially when I took the food away 2 hours prior to shooting time. I purchased a timed feeder and to this day (6 months or so after the start of the honeymoon), I still serve him a portion roughly 2 hours after his 'meal' time. Tizon gets used to eating what's in his bowl at meal time and then he's ok. When the bowl clicks open 2 hours later, he comes running into the kitchen and sometimes only has a few more bites. He's still a grazer, but I control a little more when the snacking starts... does that make sense?

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Erica!! Moses is doing well...Moonie is a grazer, but when she goes low she sleeps & sometimes doesnt eat--Then she'll wake up & munch away..I will be working long days soon & always use the timed feeder, just to be sure she remembers there is food for her!!
    Moses, be good for your momma!

7. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Thanks for the feeding replies, you two! :mrgreen:

So, I'm understanding that you feed your kitties hard food? I thought that the timed cat food feeder is only for dry food, or am I wrong?

I just got back from a rather weird occasion... um, ya. It's good to be home w/Moses. We're heading to bed ... I might get a late shot or not, I need the sleep. And need to shake off the weirdness.

Goodnight Lantus Land! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.