4/6 Stu AMPS 316, +5.25 129, PMPS 316, +3.5 308

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=110307#p110307

Good Morning Everyone, Stu was raring to go this morning. He had eaten all of the nighttime food. First thing he did was vomit a huge hairball. Then we had our test (bg 316), our shot (I took him down to 1.25 this morning after taking D's and Jill's advice to shoot 1.50 last night). We'll see what happens, and will go up again to 1.50 if it looks like 1.25 is too low, too soon. I fed some LC mixed with a small amount of MC at AMPS, and another smaller portion of the mix about an hour later. I will do a test at +2 and if there is a big drop from the AMPS number, will feed some MC.
    What an exciting (?!) day yesterday was and I hope we don't have a repeat today. Thank all of you so much for hanging in there with Stu and me! Rain and chilly today here. A good day to go to Plattsburgh to pick out a range of food for Stu, but I won't go until the afternoon, after I see how he is doing.

Enjoy the day,

Ella & Stu

P.S. 260 at +2: not such a steep drop and since he had not finished his 2nd breakfast, I didn't put out any more food.

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Stu AMPS 316

Morning Ella and Stu!

Wow, that was some show you put on yesterday Stu. Gonna sell tickets next time? Better action than half the movies I see. :lol:

Ella, wishing you a less dramatic day.

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Stu AMPS 316, +2 260

Boy Stu, you sure got our hearts pumping!! What a day yesterday--I hope today is less eventful and you surf in nice blues or even yellows are ok after yesterday :lol: --Ella, you did a great Job!!--Every now & then, these cats like to give us a JOLT bcatrun_gif jUST to show us who's boss!! ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile :D Have a great day!

4. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Stu AMPS 316, +2 260

Good Morning Ella!
    Nice job handling everything yesterday (just getting a peek at the action today).

I think if the drops continue at a certain hour, the added mc is a very wise idea. Latte drops between her pmps +11 and +2, a lot. That is why I started adding Karo to her food (cant really have the standard mc/hc's). Generally, its seemed to really help those 150pt drops in an hour. They are just so hard on both cat and bean. It might take some experimenting, but you will get it figured out. You are very dedicated and love stu so much!

I hope you can have a nice relaxing day today.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 4/6 Stu AMPS 316, +3 197, +5.25 129, +9.5 220 dose?

Hi all, I think Stu is in a rebound from yesterday, but it may also be that the 1.25 units I shot this morning are too little for now. Here is a recap of the day so far (the gap between +5 and +9.5 is because I went to Plattsburgh to the PetSmart for some food for Stu):

AMPS 316 (mixed in a little MC with the LC and put out about half the normal amount of food; at +1 put out the rest of the mix)
    +2 260 (the drop was not so steep today)
    +3 197
    +5.25 129 Fed normal LC for "lunch" (he only ate about 1/2 of what I put out)
    +9.5 220
    PMPS 316 it did rise into pink, as I suspected it would (see below. almost a symmetrical day!) Fed LC (a new food: By Nature 95% Turkey & Turkey liver). He gobbled it up.

I expect bg to rise, possibly into pink, by PMPS. My question for this evening is: should I stick with 1.25 units to see what happens after this probable rebound day, or go back up to 1.50? We had only 2 cycles on 1.50 owing to the bg of 23 yesterday at +4. Advice and/or opinion would be very welcome! Thanks so much!

Ella
    P.S. I plan to be out all day tomorrow, but my DH will be here to feed and observe (not to test because he is legally blind)

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

there's no doubt you're seeing a bounce from yesterday's lows. i wouldn't be surprised if you end up going back to 1.5u, but... since this is obviously a bounce and dh won't be testing tomorrow, i think it would be safer to stick with 1.25u at least until tomorrow night. holding the dose will give you an opportunity to see what it can do. you can always go back up to 1.5u tomorrow night.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Just stopping in to say hi to our friend Stu.....that was quite a ride he took you on yesterday.
    Wow....glad Jill was here....

THAT Stu! :shock:
    You did a great job though....keep up the cool & calm work! :razz:

8. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Hey Stu! How's the weather up there? Glad to see you're coming back down, but that was an awful little number you threw yesterday man, don't do that again. Check it out, the 40's get you the gravy food and you come back up much easier than from those 20's. Plus, your ladybean will be very happy and give you an extra piece of FDCC (or whatever treats you get) and lots of skritches just as much for 40's as for 20's. Maybe more because 20's scare the beans which makes them cry and squeeze you when you finally come back up. 40's is safer for your bones man. Trust me.

~Tugger

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 4/6 Stu AMPS 316, +5.25 129, PMPS 316

Thanks, Jill, for the dose advice. I shot 1.25 u. and will also shoot that amount tomorrow morning and then gauge where we are tomorrow evening.

We hope that Alex is continuing to improve.

Best,
    Ella & Stu

10. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Just stopping in to send support and HUGS for Stu :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Look at that, same am & pm numbers--That's what Moonie loves to do! Hope the 1.25 works for you--Hugs~! :razz:

12. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ella & Stu
    Sorry for stopping by so late today.
    Have to check up on Max's buddy after yesterday's craziness.
    Maybe Stu should get busy in the kitchen tomorrow while you will be out.
    Maybe if he is cooking up a storm he wont let his numbers
    dive again.
    Have a great day out tomorrow.

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Pink bookends but blue nadir. I hope Stu's numbers settle down tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.