4/7 AMPS 393, +8 329 Staying here for a while!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Delma and Frank, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Hi LL!
    Another day at work, felt very comfortable leaving w/ AMPS at 393. I think the last two dosecreases are calming down his bouncing. Is it the dosecrease or is his liver learning a thing or two? My gut tells me that he is still bouncing, but having lower bounces. I think it's best to stay at this dose for a while yet, though.
    Yesterday’s Condo

2. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Frank's ss looks a lot like my Morris' ss! We are going to our next dosecrease this evening (will increase up to the same dose as you - 2.75u BID) in hopes that I will see some good changes in his ss on the weekend when I will be home more & can do more spot checks.

3. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Yes, the SSs do look similar. Looks like your last dosecrease really helped with Morris's persistent reds. I would expect you'll see even less reds with the next increase. I know I'll need to increase at some point again. Although increases make me worry a bit about possible low PS numbers. On a day I am home, it's OK since I can test. However a workday probably means a BCS dose which has in the past caused bouncing. I try not to think too far ahead or I'll stress over it....Tell myself just to take it as it comes.
    Hope you and Morris have a good "no red" weekend. :smile: :smile:

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Remember, it takes about 6 doses of the higher dose to fill their shed.....so you will probably have wonky numbers during that time frame. Just stick to your guns & keep going! Wait out the 6 doses before deciding if the dose needs to be changed again. I like to time my dosecreases so that dose #6 will fall on the weekend......I work all day Mon-Fri, so I can't do many spot checks during the week. On the weekends, depending on my 2-legged kids activities, I am usually in & out all weekend long & can manage to get more spot checks in then. I plan on giving Morris a dosecrease this evening, so he will get dose #5 of the higher dose on Sat morning & will then hopefully show me some much nicer results on Sat & Sun. However, ECID & Morris tends to take the full 6 doses, if not more, to 'settle', so I may not see better colors until next week some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.