4/7 Checkers amps171 .PMPS/227

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barb & Checkers (GA), Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

7Good Morning, LLers.
    Trying mini meals again. I gave Checkers less breffis than usual, and had to walk away, when he was trying to lick the design off the saucer. He normally eats his fill at breffis, which still isn't much.
    Then at +2, I woke him to test and offered him the rest of his breffis.....he leaned over the side of his bed to eat it eagerly.....but still didn't get out of bed. :lol: He then went back to sleep. :smile:
    He probably wouldn't have dropped too much anyway, because I only gave f.05. Gonna see how this works.
    I don't want to raise even a smidgeon quite yet, because on Friday, I have to leave after his +2, and am a scaredy cat.
    If this doesn't lower the bg enough, I can raise it a bit, when I'll be home for a few days to monitor.
    Meantime, I'm gonna order a timed feeder.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Checkers amps171 +2/132

I think mini meals are helping mocha out ... I think they could help her out more but they are helping. Checkers numbers are just looking great! We love our auto feeder ...

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Re: 4/7 Checkers amps171 +2/132 +3/100 +4 /87

Nice slow decent.
    amps 171-132-100-87@+4

After +4 test, I put his little tuna treat, on the dish along with FF Beef....he ate the tuna, then thought "might as well eat the beef, while I'm here" :D

Devon, what feeder do you have? I am considering CatMate 20.....it gets both good and bad reviews.

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Nice even drop! :thumbup Looks like the mini meals are working. How much are you feeding and what timing? I'm doing preshot, +2, +4 and +6, feeding 1oz., .75oz., .5oz. and .5oz. I've seen recomendations for every hour for the first 3 or 4 hours though too. And no one every says how much. I'd love to see a survey done.

I think the Petsafe is the one most people use. I looked at the CatMate20, or one that looked like it. I wasn't sure how much you could vary the timing on it. E.g. only every so many hours or can it be set independently for each feeding?

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Very nice numbers so far t his cycle. No big "thunk."

I use the feeder you're looking at. I like it so far. It seems to work just fine.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I had coupons for Petsmart and bought their 5 meal digital and love them!
    http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... erralID=NA

That's an awfully long address...wonder if it will work as a link.

Guess it depends on how many meals you would want to set it for. This one revolves around and doesn't have a lid that opens....I know that CD uses hers all the time....it's pricey but works very well.

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Ann, I don't measure his snacks, just plop a little on a saucer. He never eats more than a tablespoon of food ,at a time, his choice.
    I feed right after testing, as that's when he looks for the tuna treat, for being a good boy. :smile:
    Today he snacked at +2, +3, +4, and +6. He slept the rest of the afternoon. I don't always test that often, to save his little ears.

I think it was the CatMate that looked like the compartments were rounded, therefore easier to get wet food out of, for kitty.
    You can't tell by the reviews, 'cause some loved 'em and some hated 'em.
    The one with 2 compartments would be good for us, because I'm rarely gone more hours than that.

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Barb--I have the catmate & I love it--works every time & mine works up to 48 hours--It's the double one--
    Good luck with the mini meals--Mine are grazers & it would be so hard for me to feed mini meals..
    Great numbers today! :D

9. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I bought the petsafe one to use for Do Lou and like it so far

10. Barb & Checkers (GA)

I'm not happy with today's numbers again, but don't want to nudge it up before Sat, because I won't be here Friday to monitor.
    171 amps
    87+4
    117 +6

215 +10
    252 +11
    227 pmps

Ronnie, Checkers has been a grazer for almost 14 years. It's proving difficult to make him eat on a schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.