4/7 Kitty AMPS 88, PMPS 78, pukus again

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11239

:mrgreen:

More evidence for Jill's guideline about feeding a PM +10 snack to bring down AMPS. Kitty got his snack at +9.5, and broke 90 for only the second time in a week. :D

We fed FF Tender Beef overnight (old-label), and this morning tried the mixture of Evo 98% Chicken & Turkey plus FF Chicken Feast. He ate pretty well (he was hungry).

Going to buy some Sophisticat today, because it is lower fat content. I'd love to have a food I don't have to mix.

Ann, thanks for the suggestion of raw. I'm scared to try it -- it seems like a big commitment.

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Kitty AMPS 88

Ooooh Green green Kitty. I love green Kitty!
    [​IMG]

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Great AMPS today :mrgreen:

I know making it yourself is such a commitment. That's why I wanted to try the commercial ones, unfortunately the recall came up just when the local feed store was going to put in a freezer. So they put that off. The only other place is 25 miles away! But a supplement that has everything and doesn't require the bones ground up in the meat, ground chicken or turkey from the grocery would work for a trial and small batches would be easy.

4. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

I'm very happy for you - Kitty is doing so much better these days!!!!

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Kathy & Kitty!!! Grreat AMPS #, Kitty is feeling fabulous & looking no less than the very best!!! Soooooo happy for you both!! Way 2 Go!! Tell Kitty hello! :mrgreen:

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

such nice number kitty!!

7. melinda and talbot

melinda and talbot Member

What a beautiful number!

I mix a couple of kinds of cat food together too. I try to balance the fat/phos ratio's using Wellness and Merrik's.

8. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Kitty AMPS 88, PMPS 78 - pukus

Great numbers today -- had a +6 of 72 -- but had another major pukus after trying Sophisticat.

Is it possible he just doesn't react well to new food? Does anyone know the quality of Sophisticat? It looks like a cheaper version of FF.

I started a thread on Health about our misadventures finding a FF alternative:

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopi ... =3&t=11350

It just isn't going well. Seems like I've tried everything except Pro-Plan and Blue Buffalo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.