4/7 Latte AMPS-165, PMPS~127

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11213

PMPS-239 (pred cycle)
    +2.75-228
    +6-197
    +11.5-172
    AMPS- 165 BCS-f1.5
    (little food last night :sad: )

Gosh, folks. Im a little worried about her lack of eating which is certainly responsible for these fine numbers as of late. I gave an appy stim with shot, no more than 1/4 jar of baby food (she is refusing her regular bfast), and a drop or two less of insulin. If the appy stim works we should be good - maybe a little high, but can make up the remaining 30 minutes from earlier this week and shoot early tonight. Still have not opened a new cart. I will be home until +4.

If the appy stim doesnt work.... confused_cat

I think I need to consider reducing her dose to a 1.5 or less, until she starts eating again.

It seems days like this are clustered together longer and happening more frequently. She is bright,grooming, pooping, etc... just tired and not eating.

I suppose I could try some bupe when I get home tonight. I have not given it on a pred cycle yet.

this stinks. Poor girl. :cry:

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Latte AMPS-165

I hope Latte's appetite picks up for you soon Carolyn...poor little sweetie....I was so happy to see her numbers at first until I read your post....(((Carolyn & Latte))) HUGS to you both!

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending eat all your breakfast and better appetite vines to Latte.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I wonder whether her numbers being better is reducing her appetite? It happens with most of our cats -- it's just that Latte's appetite has been iffy to begin and she has other sets of issues.

5. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry she's not eating well. It's so upsetting when they don't eat! Hopefully, the app stimulant will kick in and make her want to eat more.

Thank you so much for all of the tips you gave me in yesterday's condo. I'm so amazed at how much you've done with Latte. You're an inspiration to us all, Carolyn.

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Aww, come on Latte....get that appitite working again, baby girl!! Spot and I are sending you some "get a eatin" vines this morning...hopefully you will catch them soone!!

Carolyn, sorry to hear that you are worried about your girl's lack of eating. I hope things change real soon. Nice numbers, tho...one good thing! Now if only all things would fall in place!

Hoping for a better day for you guys!

7. carolynandlatte

Well Thanks everyone for your well wishes for Latte and your kind words yesterday and today.

+1-164
    +2-169

This is real good, as +2 is *typically * a good indicator of how her cycle will go.

The appy stim seems to be working. Thank goodness, because these beautiful, flat cycles are not doing justice for her desire to eat. She had almost 1/2 jar baby food by +1, some kibble and wet inbetween +1 and +2. I took away the kibble after the first round and will put it back before I leave. She had a few choice words for me on that decision! :lol:

Now that I see her walking around this a.m., Im noticing her walking a little more on the hock of the right back leg. This is the one Ive seen bothering her recently. No limping, but maybe stiff? Somewhat subtle. I think it would be worth trying the bupe tonight if she is still walking like this.

Now lets hope my decision to shave her dose a bit doesnt bite us in the rear. :? I stand by it, under the circumstances at the time (not knowing if she would eat)

8. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Latte AMPS-165, +2-169

Awww, sweet girl is eating better :smile:

9. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Latte AMPS-165, +2-169

Hi Carolyn,
    I hope Latte's appetite continues to get better. And I'm glad she's getting good numbers and feeling good otherwise. Have you ever tried the Halo Liv a Little's Chicken? It's kitty crack to my kitties and when one of them doesn't want to eat, I just sprinkle a little of the dust on the food and poof! the food is gone. If you haven't tried them and you're interested, let me know and I can send you a coupon.

Ele

10. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/7 Latte AMPS-165, +2-169, +4-167

She's STUCK (in a lovely spot)!

Surely to go up from kibble in an hour or so.

Im good with the amount of food she has in her for the time being. We will deal with tonight when it comes, I guess.

Back in time for her pmps...have a good day all!

11. carolynandlatte

AMPS-165 (skinnied dose to f1.5 from 1.75)
    +1-166
    +2-169
    +4-167
    PMPS (+11.5)-127 (pred cycle, .02 bupe given)

So now I am worried. She has all the big guns on board. Cerenia, ondansetron, pepcid (all anti-nausea), cypro (appetite stimulant), steroid, fluids, and bupe (pain meds). She didnt eat a lick when I was gone. she showed interest in a few licks of wet after her meds, and ate a few tsp of baby food. She was too comfortable under the piano to greet me when I came home, but eventually got up. That lasted 30 minutes. She is back under the piano.

I had to shoot early to make up time from earlier this week. tomorrow I work two jobs and there is no room for late shots. Her numbers appear lovely....if she ate. If she does not eat much tonight, we will likely be set up for another situation like Monday where she kept dropping after her +12 down to 41.

There is really not much more I can do. She seems very unhappy about all the extra meds, testing, and pilling this week. I hate to add syringe feeding on top of that. I will do a few supplemental feedings if need be,but we are not going back to feedings full time. That was 'our' deal when I restarted her pred. She has to be able to eat on her own.

If there is no improvement tonight, AND I can even shoot tomorrow a.m. I will probably be reducing her dose....to something less. Not sure what yet. The current dose and lack of eating is just setting us up for a bad situation at any point now.

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) I hope she is just a little spaced out from the Bupe and eats a bit later for you. I hope that it somehow turns out better than you anticipate. If not, you are getting to be a pro at dealing with all the twists and turns she throws at you. Sending eating vines to (((Latte))).

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Stopping by to check in on Latte and see how she is doing.
    Numbers are looking good but you understand them better than I do.
    I hope she eats better for you soon and your schedule ease up a bit.

14. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Sending her continue to eat vines!!!! Does the Bupe ever make her eat or just zonk her out? I hope it works for her stiffness. Poor girl.

15. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

So now I am worried. She has all the big guns on board. Cerenia, ondansetron, pepcid (all anti-nausea), cypro (appetite stimulant), steroid, fluids, and bupe (pain meds). She didnt eat a lick when I was gone. she showed interest in a few licks of wet after her meds, and ate a few tsp of baby food. She was too comfortable under the piano to greet me when I came home, but eventually got up. That lasted 30 minutes. She is back under the piano.

Q's ( of course there are questions :mrgreen: )
    did she get the cypro both am and pm?
    Your profile says ondansetron BID -- but If my memory is not too off tonight -- you are now giving it SID w/sqiuds?
    that's a teeny dose of bup. -- is she responding in any way -- pos or neg or nada ?

I hate to add syringe feeding on top of that. I will do a few supplemental feedings if need be,but we are not going back to feedings full time. That was 'our' deal when I restarted her pred. She has to be able to eat on her own.

There is another option to deal with these flares and/or to prevent them .
    up the pred. i know i know you don't like that cause of her FD. but she is on a very low dose.
    give 5mg each insulin cycle. you could even up it on a trial period to see how she responds and then back down if you want. yep you will have to adjust your insulin..... but you know it helps her and if it will give her a higher QOL and get her eating..... better than the alternative?
    yes I also know that her kidney issues have to be taken into account.
    just something to consider. talk to your vet about.
    a Plan B .

sending eating vibes to Latte.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.