4/7 Logan AMPS 436, +6 330, PMPS 297

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11217

OUCH!!! I'm really kicking myself for not testing him at +8 when he woke me up for food. I knew I should test him but I was so tired. I'm hoping that he did drop some last night since he started at 260 and he's rebounding. It could also be a food spike. I know he ate a few bites of kibble this morning - maybe he ate quite a bit before I woke up.

Logan ate 1/2 can of FF at +8 this morning. For breffis, he ate 1/2 turkey breast and little under 1/2 can of FF. He had probably 1/8 cup of dry core with the FF. He seems to be liking the dry Core right now...I know the dry is bad for him, but at least it's lower in carbs than most dry foods and it's grain free. At this point, I'm just happy he'll eat on his own. I'm really hoping his interest in food is a sign that the IBD inflammation is coming down and he's feeling better. I'll go home for a +5 or +6. Hopefully, he will eat well for me then. If he seems to be doing better, I will probably cancel his appointment tomorrow.

We will be giving him sub q fluids tonight. He was camped out at the water fountain this morning - prob b/c of the 436. He drinks a lot anyway b/c of the pred.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Logan AMPS 436

Our boys in the Reds today...well, I am happy that he ate all of that for you Kelly....hoping when you go home all will be just fine with your boy....Hope you guys have a good day....((Kelly))

3. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Logan AMPS 436

Good morning Kelly. I haven't dropped in your condo in a while...sorry about that, but very very busy and am trying to visit everyones condo's throughout the week.

Anyway, sorry that Logan is in the Reds this morning. I'm hoping it is a combo of rebound and food spike and that he can get down from the forth floor. I am happy to read that he is eating on his own. I remember you having such a hard time with him eating. Eating the core is better than eating nothing at all, and the boy needs to eat, so may as well give him something he likes!

Sending continue eating vines and "get the hell outta the red" vines to Logan and waving a big old HI to you ((Kelly))

4. Kelly & Logan

Re: 4/7 Logan AMPS 436, +6 330

A decent drop considering where he started...hoping he'll come down some more by PMPS. He ate almost 3/4 can of FF and about 1/4 turkey breast. Overall, very well!!! I have a call into his internist to see if she still thinks we need to bring him in tomorrow - hoping no since the only appmt she had was at noon. Not the best time when you have to work!

5. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

It is so great to hear that Logan is eating again. You are right that getting food into him is most important... worry about the type of food later when his appetite is back.

(((Kelly))) I hope he continues to recover and every day is better than the previous one.

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news about the food Kelly, the 436 we can do without.
    When are you seeing that new internist. Do I recall correctly it was for
    April 12?

Here are more eating vines for Logan, as well as wishing for lower numbers
    tonight.

7. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly and Logan!

So glad to hear he's eating. I would guess if he's eating - even if it's dry Core, it's totally worth it so he can gain strength.

I hope Logan continues to feel better.

8. Kelly & Logan

So happy to see him under 300 for PMPS!!! We'll be getting a spot check in tonight for sure! Over the course of an hour, he ended up eating about 1 1/8 can of FF along with about 1/8 cup of dry core. As long as he does well tonight and tomorrow morning, we're not taking him in tomorrow.

We do have an appointment with a new internist on Monday. Hopefully, he will continue to improve until then and we can figure out a treatment plan going forward.

9. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Wow, really good appetite today. Quincy is proud of Logan and says, keep it up, us gray boys need lots o' food!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.