4/7 Pedro AMPS 77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Pedro, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Yesterday; viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11240

So we are back in the greens this AM and he is pretty perky. His overall look and behavior just seems more "normal". He doesn't have the "I just don't feel great" look to him these past few days. We start to back down on the pred to every other day beginning next week.

The only real difference is still his appetite - Still on 1/4 cypro once a day. He is being really picky about what he will eat - mostly just 9 lives Tuna - which I usuually only feed once in a while. Won't touch his raw diet and I just made a new batch :YMSIGH: He will eat some FF but not much and rejects the flavors he has always eaten.

I have to go away tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday. Pedro will stay home as the stress of going to the boarders right now won't be good for him.
    Pet sitter will do Pred and cypro but I won't have her do the insulin - she is just not comfortable with it- so he will go with out from Thurs night to Sunday AM. He did this a few weeks ago too and he was on a bit higher dose and stayed well regulated. so - best i can do. I may just up him to 1/8 cypro in the AM while I'm gone too.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Have you checked the fat content of the flavors of food Pedro is rejecting? I can't remember where I read it (sorry), but somewhere they were talking about reducing fat content of food for kitties with pancreatitis. Sometimes, our cats are pretty smart about food issue - especially given how much fat there usually is in their food.

Re. petsitter: Two thoughts. Is there a vet tech from a local vets' office who could shoot? Or, if you put notes on either Health or Community, maybe there's a member in your area who could test and shoot.

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

My two are off the FF so i tried SophistaCat Supreme from Petsmart and they are okay with that. I mix some raw into that....
    the fat content is on the lower side with that brand too....I haven't ried the regular Sohpistacat in the larger cans...but they seem to like the Supreme.

Hope all goes well while youa re away. Pedro's numbers are looking great Amy!! Safe trip....talk when you come back....

4. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 4/7 Pedro PMPS 117

Drat, of course when we have to go away he goes to blue. He did toss up a hair ball at about an hour before his PM BG.

He is eating really well tonight - and in a great mood.

ARGH - Sienne I have looked in to multiple options for shots at home but my location is just too far out for people to get to at 6AM and 6pm so have to go with no insulin for a couple of days. UGH- In the future with more time I will work with my petsitter to see if we can work out the insulin shots. Really in a rock and hard place here but feel like he is better with no insulin than going to vets or petsitters and stressing out. Thought the boarding was great before, but this last time he just stressed out - could be he was already on his way to pancreatitis and the boarding just pushed him over the edge.

Pat, I'll give Sophiticat's a try. Geez, you ought to see my kitchen counter. The pet sitter will think I'm nuts. I have a zillion varieties of food out for her to give him while I'm gone. I just don't know from one day to the next what he will eat.

I'll check in in the AM tomorrow with Pedro's info before I leave.

Thanks for checking in with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.