4/7 Shadow AMPS=414, +8=284, PMPS=333

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+2=307
    +4=395
    +8=381
    +11=391
    AMPS=414 ~1.0u Lev (start of 4th cycle) cat(2)_steam
    Yesterday's Condo

Shadow is eating well and acting just fine. Doing his very best to resist the insulin's effect. Guess a blood test is in order. :sad:

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Shadow AMPS=414

Hi Pat,
    I hope Shadow has a good day today.

3. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Hi Pat! How incredibly frustrating!!!

Ya'll have been doing so great, and some red? Shadow! C'mon now! Looking at your SS, I see how Shadow lived in the pinks and reds when he first started treatment. And I hate that he's in red today, and I'm glad it's not his home though. And you recognize something is up.

I'm hoping his numbers get better soon. I'm so glad he's eating and acting just fine. C'mon Shadow, I'll make a petition banning lazers forever if you drop nicely. Doesn't that sound nice?

:mrgreen:

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

When I think of how terrified he was of that laser, Erica...I gave it to my DD who is a teacher....another $2.99 down the tube. I thought he would chase it around but he almost came out of his skin when he saw it. It was so funny to see, but I realized how afraid he was so it ceased being so funny.
    And Raja watched it dance across her paw and all over the bed next to her and she almost yawned from boredom. Not bothered one bit with it.

Maybe I could somehow use it when he goes into Reds so he will think twice about these higher numbers.
    Yeah, maybe i could have a laser handy and when the meter beeps, if it is RED I could do something with the laser.

:roll:

Well, maybe not.....

I have to test him again soon. I am not looking forward to it. :sad:

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

shadow! What a yucky color ... come on down to the lower levels ... you'll look and feel so much better!

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,
    Funny, as my cat did not like the laser toy either - she got frustrated not being able to catch it, and that was the end of the toy!

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Oh I never heard about the laser pointer, that is funny! My 2 love it, they chase it all over. Socks doesn't like it "on him" though if I point it on his foot he will get scared and shake it off then run and hide but when it dances on the floor they will chase I can even get them to scale 1/2 way up the walls! It is also great fun to point at people going by on the street at night while hiding below the window in the dining room :D A quick flash at a speeding car gets them to slow down (they think they just got "caught" by the police radar camera (which when it catches you speeding takes a picure of your licence plate and you sometimes see a quick red flash).

I do hope Shadow starts finding his way back down, I wonder what's up with that boy? Anything lunar going on right now?

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Pat...I'm so sorry to see Shadow in those nasty red numbers. I took a look at you ss and noticed that you started a new cart, so that shouldn't be a problem, unless that cart is bad. How's shadow's LB action? I noticed that when Spot got constipated, his numbers went up....maybe not that high, but they did go up. Peeing?? Maybe UTI? Just grasping at straws here. I hope you can get this figured out soon tho, cuz Shadow was getting some really nice numbers there.

Oh, about the laser light...I can't play with the kitties w/it as long as the drooler is in the house. She enjoys chasing it MORE than they do, lol!

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh Shadow, Please come down! That is not a comfortable number at all!!!

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Pat
    What in the world is Shadow doing.
    I hope all is okay with him. He has done this before and he
    manages to find his way back down again.
    I hope it will be soon for both of you.
    Hugs!!

11. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Well this is unexpected. I got nothin'. Except good thoughts for a quick turn-around. (((Pat and Shadow)))

12. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Aww Pat, I'm sorry you have to worry about Shadow right now. I hope it's just some little thing upsetting his bg.
    Come on down, Shadow, don't be worryin' your mamabean. Hugs for Pat and schnuzzles for Shadow.

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Poor Shadow was He is brave with strangers and droolers....but the laser and thunderstorms send him running into the closet to cower and hide....

+4=325

He pooped too....I waited while he arranged himself (I even had time to place piece of toilet paper under him and it worked beautifully! He doesn't really cover anything up altho he makes a lot of noise and grand gestures about it....so when he was finished, I disposed of the healthy prize. Wasn't good enough to get him into the greens though. :lol:

14. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Shadow AMPS=414, +4=325

Hi, Pat & Shadow.. Raja too!! :D
    Great job on coming down for +4….. (((wonderful wishes to you both))) we just KNOW Shadow will come on down even more & bless us with the best sometime soon.. His time!! :mrgreen:

15. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Ha ha! Ya the first flashlight I got (for shining through his black little ear for pricking) had a lazer and I was like "yes, two in one!" Came home and Moses first experience with it was like :shock: :shock: :shock:

He didn't know what was going on. He did a wiggle dance with paws, not knowing how to comprehend a red light that moves oh so fast. Maybe I shined it in his eyes? Ever since when I've brought it out, what 3 times since, his eyes bug out when he sees it, droops his ears, and scurries away. Same reaction to vacuum, except it's more of a gallop.

Ya, we'll come up with a good reason for those lazers and our sugar kitties. Not sure yet. Those chocokitties are going to get it! No more misbehaving! :mrgreen:

bcatrun_gif

16. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Come on down Shadow! Why so high, buddy? Did you and Logan talk this morning?!

Funny that he's scared of the laser pointer. All three of mine love it. We can only play with it when the droolers are outside. They go crazy for it - more so than the cats. It's hysterical! Preston (civvie) is by far the funniest of the cats to watch. He has a neurological disorder (cerebellum didn't fully develop) so his motor skills are poor at best. He ends up flailing around like a mad man. He just can't control his movements. He tries so hard, though!

I know...mean to pick on the special one, but it's just too funny not to! :lol:

17. melinda and talbot

melinda and talbot Member

Hope he continues to come down today. Any chance there is a hairball? That can raise the numbers a bit.

Mine act like they don't even see the laser. No response at, spoiled kitties.

Had to laugh at the noises and gestures he makes about covering up. Xena either makes a token effort or just walks away and Talbot will run over and cover it up for her. :D

18. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Shadow, yellow is much better than red, but maybe a blue would be great too! Your mama's trying so hard, so do whatever you can to help her not worry so much. She's sorry about the laser pointer; she thought it was something you'd enjoy, not be afraid of. I love to chase it but my brother really goes crazy for it. He will almost climb the wall, and when someone shines it into the heating vent so it "disappears", he will walk by that vent carefully and peer inside for DAYS afterwards. He's sort of dumb, but don't tell him that because it would hurt his feelings. I hope you feel better soon, Shad-O! After all, there will be a party soon and you've just GOT to be there!

-Buzz

19. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 4/7 Shadow AMPS=414, +4=325< +8=284

Shadow.....what's up with these crazy numbers?!?! Have you been hanging out with Morris again?!?!? These look more like his numbers than yours!

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Shadow! Come on down from those high numbers, man! I love to chase flashlight beams and I go crazy when Ella's wristwatch catches the sunbeam and it bounces all over the ceiling, but Ella won't let me have a lazer because she's afraid it might shine in my eyes. We had a big thunderstorm here last night, too. And today a great wind blew through and scared me, but my Papabean was with me, so it was OK. I hope you have better numbers tomorrow!

Stu

21. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,

Just wanted to say I hope Shadow comes down for you soon. I know you must be so frustrated. I wonder if something is bothering him? Hope he has a better day tomorrow.

Have a good evening.

jan and sara

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

AMPS=414
    +4=325
    +8=284
    PMPS=333 ~1.0u Lev (start of 5th cycle)

He let me peek at his gums and they looked ok to me. I could not do a complete dental check so I can't be sure of any of the back teeth but he doesn't flinch or anything. (He just purses his lips...I love how he does that LOL) He ate every meal enthusiastically today. He has not puked or acted strangely in any way at all.
    Now what?
    Guess he should be getting an increase soon. :-|
    Maybe I should definitely get blood work just in case.
    Yep....it's very frustrating. Thanks for all your kind words! :YMHUG:

23. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hoping Shadow's numbers improve for you soon :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

24. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Shadow. Come on buddy, it's really, really, really time to come down.

What kind of blood work are you think of having done?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.